I am a dunce at Lua but Possible solution for the entity problem?

Reaction score
This video shows an example of many props being flung without any lag or stutter. I heard the amount of entities was causing lag so I assumed this maybe can help. Leave me with your thoughts on this, hope this was helpful somehow.

Reaction score
Looks good but not really a comparison of stress as to what the server would give it, thats just one guy pinging stuff about in sandbox :/

Reaction score
Okay, this is a pretty bad example if your trying to compare it with a live server...

Almost everything is a ent in some way or another in GMod, the player thats a ENT, every weapon you have on you, those are ents, every NPC, those are ents, every car, hecc that can be more then one ent!

Live servers can have thousands and thousands of entities, that can cause lag, however recreating said environment in a single player game is pretty hard. Point I am making is this, ents can cause lag in massive quantities, even without physics. Fixing physics won't fix ent lag, it will always been a issue on a server like PERP when it hits around 110+ players

Reaction score
Vehicles do not work with this in any way, shape or form. It would cripple the server more than it would fix it.

Reaction score
Vehicles do not work with this in any way, shape or form. It would cripple the server more than it would fix it.
How would it cripple the server and why doesn’t it affect vehicles?

Reaction score
How would it cripple the server and why doesn’t it affect vehicles?
I've had a friend test this specific physics engine replacement. Vehicles are affected, trust me. You can only drive forwards, and turning in any way, shape or form will send you flying into the sky uncontrollably. This is why it'll cripple the server as police chases will just be glorified benny hill compilations with people running on foot.

Reaction score
I've had a friend test this specific physics engine replacement. Vehicles are affected, trust me. You can only drive forwards, and turning in any way, shape or form will send you flying into the sky uncontrollably. This is why it'll cripple the server as police chases will just be glorified benny hill compilations with people running on foot.
ah i see well thanks for your input