I keep getting frozen in place.

Reaction score
Okay. so i can play on the server for about 20-25 min. then my Gmod makes me freeze in place. i can see people moving and hear people talking. but people can't hear me. and i cant type or walk. no error or failure message appears in my console. i have tried almost everything. some people told me it might be because of Addons, while other's claim its Internet or a corrupt game file. i had my steam and all its files deleted and reinstalled. still no luck... please note. the freezing is random and its almost like it has a time base considering i have timed it to be about 20-25 min every time. thnx in advance

Reaction score
It's your internet probably. Quite a bit of time ago I had the same issue, I would get frozen in place and could hear others move and talk, but I couldn't talk nor move.
It was due to my upload speed going to shit. And download staying normal.

Reaction score
Restart your router, do ipconfig /flushdns in cmd and use a ethernet cable if possible, might also be a ISP related issue as I had the same problem. I can see other people move and talk but I couldn't do anything nor they could even hear me which happeneed very frequently when I was on Overwatch and using Discord VOIP with packet prioritization.

if you freeze in place try and see if typing 'stop' and typing 'record newdemo' helps as it also refreshes some stuff

Last edited: