Is it worth it?

Is it worth it?

• Of course! I love playing games all the time!

• Yea

• Kinda

• No

• I have a life outside gaming and im not addicted

Results are only viewable after voting.
Reaction score
Hello!
Many of you may not know me and may not like me but im just here to ask you to ask yourself 1 question. Is it worth it?

What i have been thinking is that i have a whole week off from school to get rid of my stress from tests, GCSEs and Homework and as u know, its quite hard to be a teenager so what do i spend it on? I come onto perp to have fun and RP realistically and its gotten really dull and i set myself a goal at the start of this week "power grow and save up to buy a Lamborghini Reventon" and im thinking to myself when im waiting for my pots to grow, when im being raided, when ive been killed or searched and lost my AK47 and all my seeds, What do i get from this? Nothing. If i do waste my time on this i will get my Lambo and then thats it. its not really worth it and im thinking, What could i have spent my week off on? Bike Riding, Going out with my friends, Going to see a movie, Go on a short holiday or just take time off the PC but no i continued to spend it on perp and i just sat there in my chair and waited for a plant to grow. There is much more to life than sitting down and doing this knowing that you could get raided any second. And this does not only affect me it affects millions of people on thousands of games and the sad thing is, people actually die from gaming, people die from gaming because they are addicted and are scared of the outside world because the last time they have been in it was a decade ago. People lose connection with their family, girlfriends and friends and it is really upsetting that this is going on and is still happening and will keep happening. So what im asking out of this is just an answer to this 1 question.
Is it worth it? and think long and hard about this and don't just go "Yes it is" instantly, just have a good think about it, even just for 5 mins.

What would u choose?

boyfriend-is-addicted-to-video-games-.jpg

This?

great-replies-to-spring-break.jpg

Or this?

I hope this did not take up too much of your time

Sincerely
CodezBlack (C.B)

MattIs

You can do both - I study fully time and also have enough time to moderate the server and have a laugh and I'm doing my A-Levels.

You need to learn how to organise yourself and manage your time efficiently. Build yourself a time table where you do 1 or 2 hours of study a day and then you can play games for the rest or go out with friends :)

Reaction score
You're "17" (probably 12), you're too young to make these accusations and conclusions about PERP.

Reaction score
I try to hold up a balance but i fail so that I can keep my studies and being with my friends up, I've been stressed with exams and so on however my computer takes the stress away and I will feel ready to study for them.

You might not gain anything but it might help you.

Reaction score
Who gives a shite really.
You don't have to revise every single day of your life, but make sure you keep a schedule of reasonable times for revision, as well as social life (something I don't have).

Reaction score
Both is the answer for me. I am currently doing my 1 year work experience aswell a some business college stuff for my Fach-Abitur and I still have plenty of free time left to study and play some games/PERP. Having a good sleep schedule is nice aswell but I have no trouble getting up at 6 AM anyways :v

Reaction score
Tbh mate,
Just have certain restrictions on time limits. I have many time limits I set myself to go on the computer. I then use the time before and after to study and meet up with friends and at night just chill with my family.

Reaction score
PERP is quite fun, but it get's depressing when you realized you just lost so much valuable time that you could have spent doing something else in a way, being with family, friends, found a new hobby, gotten better at something and so on.

Personally I have managed to set boundaries, but I get that it might be harder for people of younger age who quite haven't grown more mature and more controllable over themselves.

So what I suggest is that you ask a staff member to ban you because you have to stop this addiction. Many people have done this, and within that time they've managed to be more controllable and more able to set boundaries for themselves. When you feel like you have managed that then you just ask a staff member to unban you and you will see how much easier it is to get off the computer.

Reaction score
Where has this idea that you have to spend all of your time on perp came from? What stops you from going out etc. Most of us have a week with no school etc so go out. Its a couple hours out the week. Better than some of us like Me, @Creepis and @Blicky who are all ill. We are still having fun though. Just ask @MoronPipllyd about our little joke.