Is there a Public API? Can we have one?

Reaction score
Greetings,

So I'm gonna be developing a website for my organization. It would really help a lot if there was a public API for me to use to get Org Members and their rankings, the join date, and other information maybe.

Is there a possibility for this?

Thank you very much,

~ roxie

Reaction score
Sorry for the late response.

There is no public API for PERPHeads.

PLPD Online makes use of a private API that has a direct connection to the PERPHeads database with limited permissions to read and write to the Police whitelist, this means that gaining access to it involves a whole lot of trust and to this day only the most trusted members of the IT division have gotten to see the actual database behind the API. Next to that you'd have to write a small API to support it within your application, which we did through a container wide service.

The reason there is no public API is because there is simply no big demand for it and it would be too extensive to maintain. If in the future demand gets big enough for PERPHeads to provide an API, one might probably be implemented, but at the moment that is not the case.

The above statements are just my observations, I am not affiliated with the development of PERPHeads itself so it's all really up to @Fredy and @StephenPuffs.

I'd suggest just adding your organization members manually as your organization probably does not consist of hundreds of members.

Reaction score
  • Staff
Thanks for the reply. I will be making just that
I'd suggest just adding your organization members manually as your organization probably does not consist of hundreds of members.

It's a bit more demanding for the user but it isnt really a problem! Thanks anyway