K5 - Police car trunks! (idea 31/<less than 167>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Police cruisers and S.W.A.T. van car trunks.

Short explanation (in notes):
-Barricades, road cones and road barrels added to Officers', Lieutenants' and S.W.A.T. officers' cars.
-Only road cones and barrels added to Speed Enforcement Officers' cars.
-Battering rams added to all police vehicles except SEO^ (works with Sgt. James's model)
-Flashbangs and C2 added to S.W.A.T. van. And maybe ammo. (works with my ideas for S.W.A.T.)
-Bandages added to all police vehicles.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
-Adds more roleplay, realism and better gameplay.
-Makes realistic use of hew battering ram possible.
-It's an awesome idea worth the effort.

Optional additions:

-No need to make the vehicles resupply-able - respawning them is fine.

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would strip speed enforcement of having barricades, they're far more noticeable (in my opinion) than the barrels or cones at a farther distance.

Battering rams in this case would need to take up the primary slot then, wouldn't really effect police, but it would effect SWAT as one member would only have a secondary.

No, the SWAT van should not be a resupply of flashbangs or C2 (C2 shouldn't be unlimited use either way). My reasoning is simply, if SWAT need to resupply of flashbangs they aren't using them very tactically in the first place, you're given only one for a reason... Make it count.

Bandages should probably be in all emergency vehicles, not just police. However the reason we require you to go to the NPC to retrieve them is so that people don't hog them all for their own. If they were located in a vehicle, no doubt they would be all taken by one person, making it fairly useless. Because for the same reason we let other officers drive your vehicle, we wouldn't restrict trunk usage; you all are supposed to work as a team.

Reaction score
I'm not sure why you would strip speed enforcement of having barricades, they're far more noticeable (in my opinion) than the barrels or cones at a farther distance.
Because they don't fit in the high speed cruiser.

Battering rams in this case would need to take up the primary slot then, wouldn't really effect police, but it would effect SWAT as one member would only have a secondary.
In that case when someone has battering ram as a primary weapon, his regular weapon is on his back. To use it, he has to drop the battering ram using right click. You should then disable possibility to pick it up by civilians (it's not so useful anyway) and officers who have a battering ram. If nobody picks it up, it should disappear after 10 minutes.

No, the SWAT van should not be a resupply of flashbangs or C2 (C2 shouldn't be unlimited use either way). My reasoning is simply, if SWAT need to resupply of flashbangs they aren't using them very tactically in the first place, you're given only one for a reason... Make it count.
Nope, it's not how it should work.
First - if there is 1 S.W.A.T., one flashbang is not enough.
Second - if S.W.A.T. uses up all flashbangs, they have to go back to PD, which is too far when they are called somewhere else.
Third - as flashbangs are cheap and save life, 1 for each member is unrealistically low if you can't resupply them.
Fourth - you could limit the amount of flashbangs in the S.W.A.T. van trunk to 4 or less.
Fifth - if S.W.A.T. can't have 2 flashbangs each, resupplying them is a good idea. C2 doesn't have to be resupplied from the van.

Oh, and one more thing. In real life body armor doesn't get destroyed and if steel plates are destroyed you can replace them, so I think S.W.A.T. should be able to resupply armor it from the van with a timer - about 1 minute not to make it OP.

Bandages should probably be in all emergency vehicles, not just police. However the reason we require you to go to the NPC to retrieve them is so that people don't hog them all for their own. If they were located in a vehicle, no doubt they would be all taken by one person, making it fairly useless. Because for the same reason we let other officers drive your vehicle, we wouldn't restrict trunk usage; you all are supposed to work as a team.
Agreed, all emergency vehicles should have them. As of stealing them, they can be limited to 2 per LEO/EMT/Fireman.

Should I make a suggestion about a bandage sWEP with which you can bandage yourself and others?

Reaction score
Alright I'll reply to your statements in the order you made them as I'm presently on mobile and can't easily format things.

1) Traffic barrels don't technically fit either and you could safely assume barricades are assembled as they are placed so this argument makes no sense.

2) Definitely not, simply dropping government owned equipment such as that in an insecure area is both horribly thought out and not very professional.

3)
a. One flash bang can be more than enough and even if you want to think it isn't, let me put this a different way. You should never be in a situation where you are required to throw multitudes into a room in order to clear it, they are only an aid not a crutch.
b. SWAT move as a team, if one member is not prepped and the team is en route without listening to that team member, s/he should talk with the lieutenant about the other's behavior. So I don't see how having to make a brief stop at the PD is at all a hindrance if working together.
c. You can resupply at the armory but you already know that, and as I stated before one flash bang per member is enough to clear a household, I won't be held responsible if used incorrectly. Additionally, all police equipment is technically free as the city does not have to pay for the guns, ammo, barriers, etc. So to say they're cheap is a misnomer as it is not factored into city funds whatsoever.
d. 4 flash bangs + the 2 per person you want would mean a full SWAT team would have access to a total of 12 flashbangs. How does that sound like a fair number or even practical? SWAT would use far more flashbangs than needed at any given scenario and the cost/usage would never be questioned. As I have never once seen a SWAT team debrief and go over their actions to account for what all happened and what they did specifically.
5) If we are going to go under the assumption that a SWAT officer died in order to have lost his/her armor then we can safely say numerous rounds have penetrated the Kevlar vest, trauma plates, and the steel plates which would mean the vest itself is quite tattered and pretty well fused by loose threads to the plates contained which is why it is often required to cut the vest off when having to do field surgery. So no I don't see having a resupply of armor in the truck either, for the sake of balance if nothing else.
6) There is no need for a bandage SWEP... You already are able to use bandages on other people as police, simply "drop" the bandage while looking at someone.

Reaction score
So here comes Mannerwaffel, giving his opinion to every little thing. So, my father was a S.W.A.T. Officer in real life and later a team/squad leader. He told me amazing stories of raids, chases and essentially a tragig shootout, where he got hit (no he is not dead) but they didn't run around guns blazing, throwing 3 flashbangs at the same time, not cornering or not backing eachother up. They were a team, they were one brain. Every movemt silent and tactical, or loud and threating, to make the suspects unconfortable and bring them to surrender. Problem tho what we do not have on Perp-Heads is that nobody is feared of the S.W.A.T. and they just gun them down with military typed firearms like no tomorrow. When my father breached a door, they didn't use a flashbang, they didn't need to because the armed suspect pissed or even a few times shit themselfs when a 6 heavy armoured men storm their apartment. I am not lying, the really pissed themself. Although this does not happen on the server regulary, I have still witnessed S.W.A.T. teams, that were tearing the suspects apart tacticly without casualtis, that the rest surrendered. So the resupply of ammo, flashbangs and armour is not real and it would just make the S.W.A.T. op as fuck, when they spam 20 flashbang in a room, until the suspects eyes burned out and made them blind for ever.

Reaction score
d. 4 flash bangs + the 2 per person you want would mean a full SWAT team would have access to a total of 12 flashbangs.

No, no, no. 4 flashbangs for the whole team or less - maybe 2 so they wouldn't be more OP. Anyway, I see that it's not a good idea.

Think about this - there is a bank robbery or a raid and there is no mayor, hence only 1 S.W.A.T. member is available. He has one flashbang. Police officers can help him, but it's not enough especially since cops aren't trained to work as a tactical team. He might need to clear 2 different rooms and in real life there are 4 or 6 S.W.A.T. members. What I suggest is that the first one who joins S.W.A.T. should have access to 2 flashbangs and every last S.W.A.T. member, if there is only one left, should be able to resupply 2 flashbangs.

Optionally S.W.A.T. could be able to take 2 flashbangs from the van to the whole team (meaning that only 2 officers can take them) if one or 2 officers don't have any left. Not more than 2 grenades.

Battering rams - there has to be a way to take them from the van or cruiser and use them. If you don't like this idea (despite the fact that police probably leaves the battering ram after breaching the door if they are not going to breach more doors and after they finish their job, take it back) - think of something better. If you don't like the idea of leaving it on the ground and coming back to take it, I leave it to you.

Reaction score
Still would like to see an option that allows you to search a person (whend he accepts) to prevent from people calling admins. And that's only one situation out of hundreds. ..

Status
Not open for further replies.