K6 - Simple jailtime suggestion. (idea 32/<less than 167>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Showing jail-time given by an officer when he jails a suspect.

I don't even know if "jail" is a verb, but who cares?

Short explanation (in notes):
-When an officer puts someone to jail, a description comes up saying "Criminal X has been jailed by officer Y for Z years.
-It could be transmitted on the radio.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
-I have a reason to believe that some officers make the jail-time short for their friends and there is no way to see how many years someone has received.

Another important thing: yesterday a suspicious officer jailed my suspect and when I asked him how many years he had given him, he said he hadn't put him into the jail and so I had to take him out and jail him again.

Optional additions:
It's not necessary, but it's a useful minor suggestion. You can deny it if you think it's not needed.

Reaction score
Off hand I would say this shouldn't be needed, however with your reasoning it demonstrates nicely why it may need to be added. Also it's fairly easy to add in.

However the questions that come to my mind is, even if you could see this, what would it accomplish? Would you then call an admin if it were an improper amount of time? Or would it then be requested for officers to have the ability to change jail times for someone already serving time?

Also should all officers really be notified of another's actions? (Main reason it shows how much was earned when an illegal item is confiscated is so you know it happened)

Perhaps only showing Lieutenant the time put in for, and if any officer would like to find out they can contact him/her. Because let's be realistic here for a moment, the police force is and in some ways should be dysfunctional if it has no lieutenant as s/he is supposed to bring order to how police do their jobs and keep them in line. So without the lieutenant each officer should be culpable for their own actions. If they are found to be favoring friends by giving them a lesser time than another for the same crime without any reasoning, then this should be brought to the mayor's attention and if no mayor then if it is quite egregious (i.e. giving 1 minute instead of 5) an admin should be notified of this officer.

TL;DR
Should all officers really be notified of time put in or just lieutenant? What would seeing this information solve/help with?

Reaction score
I think it would be fair enough if Lieutenant could see it as an automatic radio message from the officer who put someone into jail, and he would be able change jail time if needed. Also it should come up as a description to all officers inside the jail (with the cell number in case someone wasn't searched). It's quite simple and it would solve situations when there are 2 officers in the jail and someone jails a criminal arrested by you for unknown amount of years.

As for Lieutenant, he should know how many years suspects get so he can do something if someone gets 2 instead of 10.

Again - it's not necessary but would be helpful in some situations because in real life you know how many years in jail someone has got.

Reaction score
Arresting officer now says over government radio how long a suspect was put into jail.

"I have put suspect X into jail for Y years."
X = jailed person's name
Y = number of minutes

If you wish to change the time, talk with jailing NPC, open their cell drag them over to the NPC again and jail for correct amount of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.