K7 - Reviving and realism - simple idea. (idea 33/<less than 167>)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: In some situations people shouldn't be revivable.

It might need weapon damage changes, but I think it's possible without it.

Short explanation (in notes):
-When someone is killed with 100 or more damage, he should be not revivable.
-Headshots should instantly kill (do 100 damage), doesn't matter what weapon is used.
-Barret M82 should always make someone dead - REALISM.
-Bombs, car bombs and grenades should just kill their victims for simplicity.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
Does it need an explanation? It doesn't for bombs and car bombs... Oh, and meth. I don't know how meth explodes, so it's up to the developers.

As for grenades, they normally rupture eardrums and can make you lose your blood if a fragment hits you, so to make it simple, when you're low on health they should just finish you off if they explode near you.

Barret M82 - in real life when someone is shot in the stomach, it rips him in half. Don't believe? Read some articles about it or even watch real videos. Even if it doesn't rip you in half, it destroys your body from the inside.

Headshots - it's obvious unless someone is shot with a Glock or Beretta and is extremely lucky, but the chance to survive a headshot is so low that it should instantly make someone dead.

Other than realism, roleplay is important here - reviving a mayor shot in the head (or even in a limb or any part of his/her body) with a .5 cal bullet? Reviving S.W.A.T. blown up in an explosion of their van? How does it make sense?

Optional additions:
-Because machete causes severe blood loss, it could also make someone not revivable.

Reaction score
+Support I always wanted this, More realism gives much more easier, When your getting raided, Then the medic cant just come and heal you and instantly goes back to fight, ADd this! :p Btw also add "Knife" to the last.

Reaction score
Yes obviously some things are flawed (mostly explosives). No, having guns simply make people unable to be revived all the time would make medics absolutely useless practically. You might not realize it but the varying guns and where someone was shot do already have a direct impact on how long someone has to survive. As we don't require long term trauma care to preserve gameplay, we can't have long death sequences. By shortening them we alienate the medics job, so sure you may want someone to die off faster but in all reality this is something that is kept how it is so the gamemode can function. Sure, I don't like having people revived then instantly start fighting again, but if we made guns kill immediately death would almost always end up being the full 5 minute wait without hardly an exception. Have to gun someone down as police? Too bad s/he's dead and you can't send him/her to jail, and honestly not many people end up being arrested and going to jail without first having been shot down.

Additionally I would recommend you do some research into head related gunshot wounds, they aren't as deadly as you may think.

Case and point, the 9x19 parabellum round is often critiqued for having under penetration. While a .308 NATO round is often for over penetration.

Also we cannot discern whether a bullet would have gone through the brain stem or through the jaw, so head shots aren't an exact science here. That said there are only a few guns which presently do not kill in one shot to the head, I won't say which, but they are made that way for balancing reasons especially when you take into account what I said earlier about revive reduction times.

All I can say is, if we going for a death match gamemode insta-deaths would be acceptable, but not for a gamemode in which we have to account for response times for emergency services as they can't be everywhere. That said, some means of death and their respective revive time will be adjusted. Also I have been brewing a different way of calculating death and revivability, but it is complex and will have to wait some time.

Reaction score
Yes obviously some things are flawed (mostly explosives). No, having guns simply make people unable to be revived all the time would make medics absolutely useless practically. You might not realize it but the varying guns and where someone was shot do already have a direct impact on how long someone has to survive. As we don't require long term trauma care to preserve gameplay, we can't have long death sequences. By shortening them we alienate the medics job, so sure you may want someone to die off faster but in all reality this is something that is kept how it is so the gamemode can function. Sure, I don't like having people revived then instantly start fighting again, but if we made guns kill immediately death would almost always end up being the full 5 minute wait without hardly an exception. Have to gun someone down as police? Too bad s/he's dead and you can't send him/her to jail, and honestly not many people end up being arrested and going to jail without first having been shot down.

As Stephen said, not all guns kill people. But Explosives is a definite so I will give you

+ Support on Explosives
- Support on Guns

Reaction score
Ok, give me -support on headshots, but +support on Barret M82 and explosions at least.

About 100 damage - What I've meant is when one shot or explosion deals 100 damage, it should be an insta kill and black screen. It counts in instances such as: grenade blowing up close to someone, car bomb, M82 shot to any body part and maybe headshots from the most powerful guns - doesn't matter where you are hit in the head, the bullet destroys it from the inside with the shockwave.

Again, the headshot part isn't necessary to give medics more job, but the rest must be changed. About machete and knives - in my opinion if at all, only machete should cause black screen death. But it's not necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.