Loading problem..

Garrett Woodfield

Okay, so i was gonna play. But after rejoining 3 times waiting 5-10 minutes its soon not worth it, used over 30 minutes to try to join the server.. This should really be looked at..

Garrett Woodfield

No, im just stuck at spawn like always. For 10 minutes but this time i have to join MORE than 4 times!

Deleted member 5920

I give up. How many times have you been told, wait. They can't fix it, it's the content, want to load in faster? Join when less players and actually go afk instead of waiting 2 minutes then say you have waited 10.

Garrett Woodfield

I give up. How many times have you been told, wait. They can't fix it, it's the content, want to load in faster? Join when less players and actually go afk instead of waiting 2 minutes then say you have waited 10.
Listen, i have waited ATLEAST 10 minutes each time! Its not working.

Reaction score
i only can give one tip, re-install the whole gmod shit/folder etc, and if that doesnt work, then i am out of ideas

Bow

Reaction score
Try this.
Open Gmod as a window > open your task manager > head to processes > find HL2 and right click on it > Click Affinity > select any CPU that you like other then 0 ( most of programs use CPU 00 ) > click ok and close the manager. this way works if you have lag in games, in your case it may work.

Reaction score
Honestly, The only real way to fix it is to log out then log back in, keep retrying until it works, the developers do the best job they can, but unfortunately this is something that they cannot solve, just stop complaining and try and relog until it works.

Reaction score
As already stated, if we knew the direct cause we would do our best to prevent this from being an issue. But you can search the net, and find other communities/servers having the same exact type of problem, and they don't seem to have any solution either. I would like to say I know what may contribute to it, but I both can't verify that, and I have done what little I can to stop that type of behavior. Also for whatever reason I am able to join and move every time I join, and I doubt it is because I am an owner so how it effects everyone seems different, although same end result.

Reaction score
The problem is not with the server or content it is what is currently on the server that is why perp lags so hard because everyone has a car and everyone who owns a building has props.

That is why if you join the server when barely anyone is on its fine. Its just simple prop lag but mostly entities as for solution there is none. The only solution client side is to boost CPU power that means closing anything in the background and also checking your broadband. There is no problem with the server at all it is just loading everything on the server.

I have experienced this a few times even in a experiment that I did on one of the servers I was admin on. It showed that TDM cars can cause loading issues depending on the ammount.

Garrett Woodfield

The problem is not with the server or content it is what is currently on the server that is why perp lags so hard because everyone has a car and everyone who owns a building has props.

That is why if you join the server when barely anyone is on its fine. Its just simple prop lag but mostly entities as for solution there is none. The only solution client side is to boost CPU power that means closing anything in the background and also checking your broadband. There is no problem with the server at all it is just loading everything on the server.

I have experienced this a few times even in a experiment that I did on one of the servers I was admin on. It showed that TDM cars can cause loading issues depending on the ammount.

Thanks, ill change what CPU garry's mod uses and will see if it works. Thanks again, hopefully get a better pc next year :)

Reaction score
Well, myself i used to get stuck and wait 5-10mins every time i joined the server, till i got my new Gaming Laptop, i never freeze either. I would guess It's the speed of how fast the content load i guess.I