Looking for a used car

Reaction score
I know some of you petrol heads are here but I don't have a lot of experience with cars albeit my 1 year practical work experience as a mechanic kek

I'm looking for a used car, my budget is around €6,000.
Looking for petrol engine (fuck off with your Diesel) that doesn't burn a lot of fuel as fuel prices are getting cancer, maybe around 6/7L or under per 100KM combined.
Car can be small (3 door) and limo.
I don't care about engine sound or color.
Specs like Navigation and shit don't really matter.
I will probably be able to make small modifications or bring it to my neighbours workshop if I want to change anything so feel free to suggest mods if you have any.

So far the options I've found have are:
2010 Kia Picanto for around €3,500
2012 Toyota Aygo for around 3,900
2012 Kia Rio for around €5,400
2011 VW Golf 6 Trendline for around €6,200

I will buy Hybrid (Golf GTE) as my second car in 5 years or so when EVs in Germany or battery technology in general get better and we get a very nice full EV yes

Any help is appreciated, troll posts get removed however tyvm

Last edited:
Reaction score
(Not troll) Just try to find some old Volvo they're usually very cheap and durable in my experience.

JRW

Reaction score
Volkswagen Golf, but for the money ur best bet is probably a Ford Focus, good MPG and a tidy little car

Reaction score
the VW golf is the ultimate chav car. but it's VERY cheap in terms of parts.

you can also get a slightly older volvo; like a 2005-2010 model V50 or v70 which are absolute beasts in terms of engine and handling and perfect for ikea trips. they vary from like 1,6 liters to 2.5 so you can choose between power and efficiency.
my personal experience with the small city cars though (like the aigo) and kia in general is that they're ok cars but dont expect getting 400.000 miles from their engines. once they require more engine maintenance its time to dump them asap. volvo dealers are expensive as hell so dont go there.

also you probably dont care too much but in a kia or small toyota i dont feel like driving a car

Last edited:
Reaction score
@JRW most fords are made in the US, the UK only provides and does some engine parts and sells them but not as much as the US.

It’s like the UK trying to say Vauxhall’s theirs, but it’s Opel’s.

Deleted member 1235

If you want reliability try some of the smaller Skodas. My family all have/had a skoda and they've been great.

Good old Czech quality, plus one of the safest cars just like Volvo and very easy to drive, hence their popularity with older people.

Reaction score
To be honest, a Seat Ibiza is pretty decent. Probably doesn’t fit many criteria’s but I suggest it.

I can’t comment much on cars since I don’t drive nor can I even get my license just yet.

Reaction score
BMW 520i e60 is an option i would consider, to all the cars you have enlisted i would say fuck off.

Reaction score
The new 2009+ Ford KAs are decent and fall into your price margin I rekon,

Any MK5/6/7 Ford Fiesta should be a very safe bet too, cheap parts, decent insurance etc. Have heard some people with dodgey clutches on them though.

Can't speak on the VWs but I've heard good things from other people. I'd have to go for a Polo / Golf though. Can't be dealing with those new Fox and Lupos, they look like early learning cars.

If I had to pick from the list you gave, I'd go toyota every time. I think I'd prefer something a little less dinky than the aygo though, maybe a yaris. It can feel like you're in a gocart as a passenger sometimes in the aygos. Never driven one though. Would love a cheeky 4 door yaris myself.