Map Suggestion Make House Boats

Status
Not open for further replies.

JRW

Reaction score
Main Idea: At the moment docks is only really good for mugging, dd and fishing, maybe add a houseboat or two (like a canal boat) add some diversity and would be a nice change of scenery

Full description of the idea: replace the useless tug boats that are there for scenery and replace them with something much more useful!

Why should it be added?: yet another ownable property and something different from the same old apartment or subs house

Pros: another usable property

Cons: Could be pretty aids with the space

*Other additions:n/a

Reaction score
i agree, docks will be sick! dont actually have to look like a boat though, since that might be too hard to make. most houseboats just look like normal houses except, they float are just built on concrete foundations made on poles in water

01-4-1740x960-c-center.jpg

Reaction score
I could actually see this working, as other people said the drug dealer would have to be moved but it isn't one of the best positions so I think it's worth it, could help with the living crisis we're experiencing with not enough places to live.

Reaction score
A nice idea, I want to see this and more underground space but the map is supposedly too overloaded as is

Reaction score
It's one of the worst spots anyway for the dealer so its not a big loss. If you want to keep the suck then move him near the crane.
It’s a perfect spot, why wouldn’t it be? It’s a spaced out area where you need to traverse a long path to get to and from.

Reaction score
i think some inspiration should be taken from the monolith map in general its pretty cool how they did it

Reaction score
I really like this suggestion. Just a house boat or two would really give new life to that part of the map. We do need more properties to support the growing playerbase and this would be a unique way to go about it. Even something like the bar down at the docks on rp_southside would be good to bring more people down to that part of the map.

Reaction score
I know from the Uni City here, we use a lot of houseboats as student accommodation. so maybe you could even have multiple ownable properties on a houseboat?
let's say 4 doors and each door is an ownable property. Kind of like Hick town-sized trailers but then in a house boat kind of ideal.

Reaction score
I just can't imagine this fitting in.
I think the biggest point being made is there isn’t really all that much roleplay going on with the water and it’s not good as it is since that water takes space from the map.

Some jobs or houses, boats or whatever ideas with proper actionable features related to water or swimming in that space can probably turn out amazing and passively produce people who have higher swimming skills as a reward of their activity in roleplaying in that area.

Reaction score
I just can't imagine this fitting in.
I think more roleplay on the water and docks is good, for example Borisgate created by @Jyrgen . It's really good water roleplay, but people just think of it for scary sea monster. This would be great for roleplay opportunity's for people.

Reaction score
I think more roleplay on the water and docks is good, for example Borisgate created by @Jyrgen . It's really good water roleplay, but people just think of it for scary sea monster. This would be great for roleplay opportunity's for people.
I don’t think it would enhance roleplay at all since the whole area is a mugging zone (That being something that shouldn’t change), it would just be used as a very restrictive base.

Reaction score
I don’t think it would enhance roleplay at all since the whole area is a mugging zone (That being something that shouldn’t change), it would just be used as a very restrictive base.
I think adding a camera for dispatch to make to a unmugging zone and to remove the DD from that spot is an easy fix. I honestly think that would be really cool, having to sail out to a boat, getting on it and shooting people, then maybe police arrive on police boats or something. Sounds epic but just a bit unrealistic, still, it could MAYBE be possible

Reaction score
I think adding a camera for dispatch to make to a unmugging zone and to remove the DD from that spot is an easy fix. I honestly think that would be really cool, having to sail out to a boat, getting on it and shooting people, then maybe police arrive on police boats or something. Sounds epic but just a bit unrealistic, still, it could MAYBE be possible
What do you mean you don’t want docks to be a drug dealer zone? Its Like the most realistic spot to sell over 10lbs of cocaine to a random guy you met in a text.

No “RP” could occur in these house boats that would replace its potential as a crime zone and the almost cinematic feeling of selling drugs there.

Reaction score
What do you mean you don’t want docks to be a drug dealer zone? Its Like the most realistic spot to sell over 10lbs of cocaine to a random guy you met in a text.

No “RP” could occur in these house boats that would replace its potential as a crime zone and the almost cinematic feeling of selling drugs there.
The point is restricting it to being just a DD mug spot is not only boring but also a huge waste of potential for better use of that map space.

I’m not saying make it or don’t make it unmuggable either, I just want to hear everyone’s ideas on how it can involve more use of that map space and more specifically involve roleplay that incentivizes leveling up swimming skills

Status
Not open for further replies.