Map Suggestion Make Paralake have snow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Make Paralake have snow
Suggestion Description: Make the city covered in snow along with the typical christmas decorations around the city for when it comes towards the festive holidays

Why should this be added?:
It gives off a nice christmasy vibe
Makes sense for snowballs to actually exist since we've never had snow actually lay on the floor afaik

What negatives could this have?:
None?

Reaction score
Snowing wasn't actually a huge hit to the FPS either! perhaps it can be optimized and we can have snowing too

Reaction score
It would be nice to have some sort of new Christmas theme rather than the usual Christmas Tree near city hall.

Obviously having snow on the ground could hit FPS a lot, especially at high population so perhaps the snowing weather could come back but snow on the ground would need to be thought about heavily.

Reaction score
It would be nice to have some sort of new Christmas theme rather than the usual Christmas Tree near city hall.

Obviously having snow on the ground could hit FPS a lot, especially at high population so perhaps the snowing weather could come back but snow on the ground would need to be thought about heavily.
It's a texture, it can be easily replaced by lua

Reaction score
This is already a thing to some degree using the method you mentioned Clarky, and has been used every year, although I'm not sure how well it works currently. I also finished a little system yesterday that will generate skybox decorations for holiday seasons.

Reaction score
This is already a thing to some degree using the method you mentioned Clarky, and has been used every year, although I'm not sure how well it works currently. I also finished a little system yesterday that will generate skybox decorations for holiday seasons.
Well considering we're on a new map now, I am assuming it's not going to work as expected? and since we don't use CSS textures anymore, we'd need custom made ones in the content if I'm not wrong about that too

nice to know this is something already being worked on

Sam

Reaction score
Already a thing. Christmas preparations are currently being done within Community Management, and Christmas 2021 will be epic!

Status
Not open for further replies.