Make the mayor have a permanent phone number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Like 911 calling Police and 565 calling roadcrew, ### should call the current mayor.

Why should this be added? (pros): People will now be able to contact the mayor with any concerns. This way, rather than the mayor making a broadcast every 5 minutes with his phone number, its always available. Furthermore, most public officials have their phone numbers available for everyone.

What negatives could this have? (cons): People spam calling the mayor, mayor may want to hide from the citizens (but this isn't very realistic?)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Or just give the mayor a perma number like 123 or something so the Mayor's personal number isn't given out to random people.

Reaction score
i would like to see this implemented instead of the original idea, otherwise people will have your number and can keep prankcalling you even after you resigned.

Reaction score
I think it should be up to the mayor if he wants to do that? Everyone can RP mayor differently if they want to be transparent then they can just put it in advert, I don't think you should force every mayor to have to deal with that type of stuff if they don't want to.

Reaction score
Well if we do my idea ^^ then the mayor can just store his phone and/or drop it as other government employees do.

Sam

Reaction score
The mayor is a government employee, that is responsible for the city and its budget. Of course he should be able to be reached by his constituents.

I think the idea of having a designated short number is perfect. The question that remains is, what to do if someone spam calls? Should the mayor be able to toggle the phone number on/off via the mayor panel?

Anyways, this suggestion is accepted-ish.

Status
Not open for further replies.