Mayoral Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Main idea: Avoid the election to always choose the person who is in the middle of the election list to get elected.

Description: When having the election window pop up a lot of people will simply click the middle button as they are busy with something or don't want to even look at who's running for mayor. In my opinion it would be a good idea to make the order of possible mayors random for each client so there would be less bias towards the order of running for mayor by randomizing the election list.

Pros:
-
More competitive elections

Cons:
- I assume it won't be too difficult to code.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm sorry, but what? Realistically people are elected to become mayor. You say to randomize the election thus it not being biased. But what's the point? We, well people over the age requirement, vote for the candidates we feel are good enough to run the city. I don't see why this is needed to be honest. People run for mayor, they are voted in. Simple as that. Yes, people do automatically click the middle name to avoid voting due to them being busy however I don't see how randomizing it will make it any better. What if a sweater gets mayor and has absolutely no idea to run the city? But you could argue what if the sweater was in the middle and was elected? Does it really make much of a difference?

Reaction score
An idea of people going inside cityhall to vote (remove the pop up screen) has been accepted while ago, nothing done yet tho.

Reaction score
Until we do what @Jon Godinn mentioned, because of the problems that arise with it, such as how to alert people of an election in progress, then how long to keep it open, etc I have done what I think the basic idea of what this discussion is. The order in which the names show for people will be randomized, so if 5 people sign up, whoever was third will not necessarily be in the middle. Easily done and not much reason not to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.