Memory Loss (Relates to 2.1)

• Thread starter Deleted member 4084
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 4084

What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:

Your version of the rule:
Upon being knocked unconscious (being hit with a gun(or other) doing a /me)
You should / will have loss of memory from the events which happened, before you were knocked unconscious

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited: (Be extensive and descriptive)
As there seems to be no rule which really explains this in detail, I decided to make one and @Mikey was dealing with a situation which I brought this up. I believe this is a vital rule (or not) but it increases the role-play and also gives an alternative to killing someone which could be believed as 2.5 (depending on the situation), if your a kind person like so (only a few names) @LordTyla @ShadowJoey etc. Then when you mug someone and want to not kill them, but want them to not remember the events then obviously, you'd want an alternative instead of constant violence. If you wish to (Senior Staff Team) Then you can have a time limit to which they can remember things again, from memory regaining.
People like @Rogue Car Tyres @Prepper might agree with this as they are very good paramedics (not saying they are just the only two, but they are the only two I know well enough), and they'd probably like to deal with someone doing some physio or something with the person to get them back on their feet!

Click here - For more information on a Mild Head Injury - Also known as Concussion which could have, short and long term effects.

Deleted member 4084

This; in all honesty is a 50 / 50 - As I stated to @Walker in a comment,
People wouldn't think of this straight away, and the administration sit that I had with @Mikey was to do with this.
I made this rule just to simply show it, or if possible this could tie in at the end of 2.1 or 3.3
It's really just to do with experiences (IRL and In Game)

Reaction score
I think this should be added, if you're revived, you could have a 15/10/5 minute "MLR" (Memory Loss Rule) and this could be at the top of your screen in orange, with a timer, so people who are good role-players, will respect this. This will be a bit harder to enforce, compared to "NLR" though.

Reaction score
If you knock someone out saying they forget everything with a /me it would be powergaming, if anything like this should be roleplayed you can ask the person if they wish to do a roll about it.

Reaction score
This is the common way that something like this is being enforced as of now with regards to /me's, an example being: /me knocks man out to make him forget anything about me. This is considered as powergaming and any staff member would say this if said person was to make a report. It seems too tedious in order to make players forget an event occurring (especially considering the amount of physical encounters that occur on the server are at an extremely high level). I guess if something like this was to be done, then both players would agree to do it via a /roll.

With regards to a rule being made about it, I wouldn't say one should be. If you think about it in a server side sense, it would make it way too easy for players to go and commit crimes, to then knock people out in order for them to forget the entire event. I can't imagine this being a rule, thanks for the suggestion anyway buddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.