[Suggestion] 3.30 - Add a rule regarding looking the same as other people

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add: Rule 3.30
Your version of the rule: Rule 3.30 would dictate that if you look the same as someone else in-game who you are frequently seen with, it is entirely your responsibility as to what happens to you if it is intended for another person who you are involved with.
Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:
Because there are incidents regarding people looking the same, usually resulting in rule breakage because someone thought you were someone else. There comes a point where investigation can only go so far when people look the same, and this is where I'd like to draw the rule line.

Reaction score
Got pulled up to an admin sit because I killed people to save someone who wasn't being arrested, thought that person had killed cops: turned out to be someone else who looked like him that I saw kill cops.

Deleted member 6228

I don't see how this is punishable lmao, how can you tell if they're far away and everyone looks the same

Reaction score
Meant to ensure its the right person.

I remember when I was beefing with an org that all dressed the same so I had @Joey go up to them and confirm identities by simply knowing their footwear and was able to snipe him.

Deleted member 6228

@Husky Can't deny it super aid from if you're tryna identify 10 people that all look exactly the same mid shootout

Reaction score
i've used this to get around some nice little RDM's, cuz retards decide to dress up like each other so its an "accident" whoops sorry i didn't mean to shoot u i thought u was someone else

Reaction score
> Be new player
> Spawn on the server for the first time
> Another new player joins with the same player model
> Get dragged to a sit

Jokes aside, This would be very difficult to enforce and overall would be counterproductive in trying to regain lost player count. For rules to be enforced there would have to be a justified reason for enforcing and possibly having to warn or ban a group of players for breaking said rule, and with a rule like this, it'd always be a group punishment ordeal.

Reaction score
I can actually confirm this has happened when olsen was around when husky was here. When someone in olsen shot a cop, PD basically said KOS all people in an orange suit, they are all armed and dangerous, which is stupid.

Reaction score
IRL its Highly unlikely that 2 people can look dead on like each other, I guess reading the names off the top of each other’s heads can act as facial recognition would in real life.

Deleted member 6228

But if you're shooting from a distance how do you tell? I don't think you should be punished for that

Status
Not open for further replies.