Moped

Reaction score
Okay so, I'm about to get an apprenticeship at a local electrical company and as I'm only 16 the best way to get to and from work will be to buy a moped because that is the only legal thing I can drive at my age. I'm struggling to find a moped that is in my price range and doesn't run like a piece of shit. Was wondering if any of you had experience with certain 50cc motorbikes and if so I'd like to know what bike and the price you paid. My budget is £500 and I don't want anything that is unrestricted as I'd rather not have my bike confiscated.

Reaction score
I own a yamaha tzr 50, its a nice bike and you dont look like a faggot on it. If you like supersport types search for similar ones like an aprilia rs50, derbi gpr or a motorhispania 50, not sure if they are common in the uk but personally i like to stay as far away from a vespa as possible.

What do you want tho? Like do you want a fun bike where you need a shift? Do you want an automatic one? Expensive to buy or cheap with more maintenance

Reaction score
I have a Derbi DRD Racing, bought my one for £1400 tho but it is a really fun machine to drive, or get a 125 fiddy they go for like £500 brand new but they are not road legal but also extremely fun and you will easily outrun a cop

Reaction score
I'd like to add that I don't want anything like a vespa as personally I don't like the way they look, I'd rather not have gears but it wouldn't be much of a problem getting used to but then again geared bikes tend to be more expensive.

Reaction score
You can, at least in sweden and probably the UK aswell. Im getting A1 and im buying either a KTM Duke 125, Yamaha MT125 or a Suzuki GSXS125

Dukes are expensive, but nice. I just settled for a Honda CBR125R 2009

Reaction score
I'd like to add that I don't want anything like a vespa as personally I don't like the way they look, I'd rather not have gears but it wouldn't be much of a problem getting used to but then again geared bikes tend to be more expensive.

Manual cost less?????
Gears are confusing at first, but easy to get the hang of. Changing gears and giving gas is so much fun.
Like daymon said, get an Aerox. My friend has one and it’s alright.

Reaction score
Give it 1h with a geared bike and you got it, and you can find one quite cheap.

Reaction score
I'm in two worlds at the moment as my parents think that bikes are dangerous and I partly agree but there seems to be no other way. On top of this Reece Arnolds snapchatted me this morning to tell me he has dislocated his leg and broken 2 fingers and needs to undergro an operation due to him crashing his so I really don't know what to do lmao.

Reaction score
I have a Peugeot vclic 50cc, cost me 350. Mine is de-restricted goes around 45 but I stick to the speed limits but on the duel carriage way I go max obv. When I can drive in october I'll just sell it for around 300 and get a car

Reaction score
I'm in two worlds at the moment as my parents think that bikes are dangerous and I partly agree but there seems to be no other way. On top of this Reece Arnolds snapchatted me this morning to tell me he has dislocated his leg and broken 2 fingers and needs to undergro an operation due to him crashing his so I really don't know what to do lmao.
Its the driver being dangerous