More colour customization for cars.

Reaction score
Topic: More colour customization for cars.

Short explanation (in notes):

Adding the ability to change the colours of the enterior and other things on your car.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

I was trying to fix the Tesla pixelated textures, when i tried playing around with the textures for other cars, and realised how easy it is to change the colour of some thing in the cars.

Example:
94b8f4c819.jpg

deb0c30bb9.jpg

To change the colour of this specific item, i simply had to edit an RGB code, save it, and it was instantly changed ingame. Didnt even have to reload the map or the game.

79BE5BBC7F9D8BA889002D7397B2094C5C592BBF

0A90D5BE8A8115B2F44FFADA15BFACE88E005E38

This was slightly more detailed to edit. What i did was simply extract a texture file, edit the .jpg that i got, then edit the texture file to use that new .jpg. Again, didnt have to restart the game or anything.

This is possible for all cars, since they all have texture maps(Duh).

The only problem i see at this point is the fact that changing the enterior colour of those items where changing the RGB code isnt a possibility, you would have to make custom texture maps for all the cars and colours, meaning that adding a colour picker ingame wouldnt be a possibility(AFAIK).

However, if someone actually took the time to make all these texture files, it would be great to see it ingame. I know that alot of people want the ability to customize their car even further, and with this, the possibilities are endless. There is a lot of work behind this, and that is probably why we haven't seen the feature yet. If the developers want, i would love to make these texture maps for them(You really wouldnt loose anything by letting me try.) and if it works like its supposed to, it could be added ingame.

Optional additions:

Nothing as of now.

Reaction score
Like the idea of the steesomewhat unrealistic in some cars I suspect, maybe just have several different designs for the interior that all look realistic. Nice idea though ;)

Reaction score
The method you're using to colour the interiors is not the best way to do it. We can use the same method we use on our characters to change colours. And no, it's not tons of texture file with various colours.

Reaction score
Rice rice baby

I can already smell the honda civic's with their 'V-Tec's' and pink interiors. It would be a nice addition but too excessive I guess to have for 100+ cars.