Paint the inside of your car

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: Interior colours

Short explanation (in notes):
-Able to change the colour of the plastic/leather in your car.
-Different colours depending on the materials.
-Fancier colours (Gold colours and stuff) are more expensive.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):
It would be cool and would add more customisation for vehicles and could make cars look more badass/alot better with a nice fancy colourful interior. as some cars are very dark inside so a different colour would make it easier to see things,.

Optional additions:
-Make it only available for some cars.
-VIP only.
-Make dashboard light colour-able.

Reaction score
I'll put this about as simply as I can, with how the materials for cars are set up, some parts that should be metal are part of a tetxure which contains other parts that are not. So by making those look metallic, it would then in turn effect other parts which would cause very weird and terrible results. This is a fault of TDM's UV unwrapping of the model and nothing we can easily fix, nor do we necessarily understand how.

While it may be possible to change some things like the interior AFTER the next GMod update, it is still impractical that we even remotely attempt doing this because there are over 100 cars to pick from which means an insane amount of work. If we were a major game company and had more than just 2 developers for any given part (2 for coding, 2 for models/animations/textures, 2 on website design, etc) with only 4 people total as well as made the same kind of income as those companies, then sure, but as this is simply a hobby and do it voluntarily I can't see us trying to take the time to do this.

TL;DR
It's not a bad idea in theory, but the time and work required makes this idea impractical. Also some parts are just not at all possible within Garry's Mod itself at this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.