My helper application

Red

Reaction score
STEAM NAME: Red
STEAM ID: STEAM_0:1:575032851
IN-GAME NAME: Arthur Supplies ( use to be Aiden Supplies )

WHY DO YOU WANT TO BE A HELPER?:

I want to be Helper because after being semi active over the last 2 years I feel the joys of playing normally are gone and spend most of my time ( before taking a break only just came back within the last 2 weeks ) are spent helping new players.
Transformed over 35+ new players, fresh clothes, helped them get the free car, showed how to grow and sell several types of drugs and where to obtain the materials while also showing the legal ways to earn your way in the city of paralake not only do I point them in the right direction but I take my time to be with them so its a little easier to start because starting in perp can be very confusing and is alot of information to take in. I did have a super long video of all the people I've helped but I deleted it on accident as I had 100mb left on my 2tb harddrive.
Anyway, I'm sure @Bonnisen will vouch for me as I showed him the ropes when he first starting playing around a year ago and we went round together picking up new spawns. I also spent alot of time helping new players with Amy Zharkan. Not too sure if he / she still plays.

WHY SHOULD WE CHOOSE YOU:
I think this role suits me because currently I've been helping alot without any credit so it would be nice to be noticed and appreciated although I'm not on 18 hours a day as I work a real 5am to 5pm Monday to Friday job. I do feel like I'm a good fit, I can be a little slow with /helps but there usually answered really fast by many other members. This week alone I've helped 5-6 people that potentially would of left / banned because they are clueless and if you took into consideration the intersection by the PD then I've probably saved 50 lives ;)

DO YOU HAVE ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE?:
No, not much experience.
I'm fulfilling the role of Helper without the tag anyway. I've been picking up fresh spawns in my mclaren and giving them a full tutorial on how to start in perpheads.

DO YOU HAVE ANYTHING ELSE TO SAY?:
Thanks for your time please speak your mind below as I'm curious to what your opinions are going to be.
Never been active in TS but have in discord however I can be and it wouldn't be a problem.

Kind Regards
Red.

Reaction score
I know I haven’t been on perp the last few days but every day I’ve been on I haven’t saw u help once in ooc or help chat. Yes u might be helping people in game but I believe u need too show a bit more off urself in ooc or help with helping anyone that may need it and or just joining in general conversation.
As I haven’t saw u helping in ooc or help I personally cannot support this application, anyways best of luck for this

Red

Reaction score
I know I haven’t been on perp the last few days but every day I’ve been on I haven’t saw u help once in ooc or help chat. Yes u might be helping people in game but I believe u need too show a bit more off urself in ooc or help with helping anyone that may need it and or just joining in general conversation.
As I haven’t saw u helping in ooc or help I personally cannot support this application, anyways best of luck for this
Thanks for your honest opinion, I only just started playing again after a good 4-6 month break.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thanks for your honest opinion, I only just started playing again after a good 4-6 month break or so.
Then it might be a better idea if you've just come back to start involving yourself in the community again instead of applying so soon.

Showing your knowledge in OOC and Help would be a good start, but absolutely dont stop helping people physically as that is also very rare and really appreciated!

Red

Reaction score
Then it might be a better idea if you've just come back to start involving yourself in the community again instead of applying so soon.

Showing your knowledge in OOC and Help would be a good start, but absolutely dont stop helping people physically as that is also very rare and really appreciated!
Okay thanks for your comment, I do help in /help. I've probably done about 20 in the last 2 days but alot of the time because I'm physically in the process of helping someone.. people beat me to it and there's no point in writing it twice!

Nevertheless thank you for your comment and advice.

Reaction score
First started a year ago or so and had no idea how to play. I was about to leave but this guy invited me into his org and took time out of his day to show me everything i needed to know.
I now have 10 or more days playtime maybe more idk.

Red

Reaction score
First started a year ago or so and had no idea how to play. I was about to leave but this guy invited me into his org and took time out of his day to show me everything i needed to know.
I now have 10 or more days playtime maybe more idk.

You haven't logged on in a month, You should come back on and we will play. Thank you for your words.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It's nice to see you write about how you help people, but it really isn't necessary for it to be repeated quite many times!

If I saw a Helper application I would want to see what the person applying would do with said rank; what would the rank do to their benefit? What can you do with it that you currently can't?

Relevant experience doesn't necessarily need to be being a previous Helper on another server; it can literally be anything! I'm sure you have done something in another group or server where you had some administrative powers, or something similar to it, that, and you can write in your application about your qualities, what qualities do you think is needed to be a Helper?

I also don't think it is necessary to write you're not active on the TeamSpeak, instead you SHOULD be active if you think that's an issue, if not, you wouldn't have put it in your application, right?

Then again, these are all my opinions, good luck with your application though, if this is what you really want then really, I wish you the best!

Reaction score
I rarely weigh in on these but I'm going to regardless.

I'm not at all going to say I don't think you're cut for helper, But personally I feel you should make a more proactive effort at getting known as a helpful user prior to applying. If you demonstrate over the next week that you are capable of doing this then of course I'll have no choice but to back it.

Red

Reaction score
It's nice to see you write about how you help people, but it really isn't necessary for it to be repeated quite many times!

If I saw a Helper application I would want to see what the person applying would do with said rank; what would the rank do to their benefit? What can you do with it that you currently can't?

Relevant experience doesn't necessarily need to be being a previous Helper on another server; it can literally be anything! I'm sure you have done something in another group or server where you had some administrative powers, or something similar to it, that, and you can write in your application about your qualities, what qualities do you think is needed to be a Helper?

I also don't think it is necessary to write you're not active on the TeamSpeak, instead you SHOULD be active if you think that's an issue, if not, you wouldn't have put it in your application, right?

Then again, these are all my opinions, good luck with your application though, if this is what you really want then really, I wish you the best!

Thank you for writing such a detailed paragraph, I appreciate your honesty and advice. I somewhat ignored the relevant experience as the server was small and unknown and didn't want to compare such a server to PERPHEADS. I have owned several small 10-20 pop hl2rp and darkrp servers.
I know alot about gmod or I'd like to think I do. I've been creating, modifying addons on fiverr aswell as teaching lessons for server creation / glua coding for the last 2 years.
The reason I'm bringing this up is because this involves alot of patience and dedication which I think is a good quality to have and is something I bring to the table. As a Helper I can't say alot would change with me being so, except I could answer f6's! I'd still log on as I normally do and drive around helping people and giving them the answers they need.

Being active in Teamspeak was something I did work on however after sitting in a room on my own for a few weeks I didn't want to just join a channel and intrude so I thought it wasn't necessary clearly I was wrong and is something I'm starting to work on.

You're right, I shouldn't of repeated how many times I've helped and I solely did this because I personally think I fly under the radar alot by experienced players.
This is mainly because experienced players don't need help and are running around in huge organisation knowing full well how to play. I'm either A. Sitting in the back of bazaar crafting.
B. Dedicating an hour or so to show a completely fresh player on how the city works and how you can earn your way in paralake city.

So after helping I find still nobody knows me and only the new players do! 2 months down the line and say I helped 30 people only 5 of them are still active shortening the list of people I'm "known" by aswell as changing my name in-game plays a factor into this.
Nevertheless I appreciate your time to write a detailed reply.

Reaction score
When I first started off James purple aka Aiden was one of the first people I interacted with he helped me and my friends with getting started teaching us all we needed to know about perpheads he inspired me to also help out new players even tho i barely play anymore Aiden made my stay at perpheds much more enjoyable.

• Friendly
Reactions: Red

Red

Reaction score
When I first started off James purple aka Aiden was one of the first people I interacted with he helped me and my friends with getting started teaching us all we needed to know about perpheads he inspired me to also help out new players even tho i barely play anymore Aiden made my stay at perpheds much more enjoyable.
I appreciate the recognition, However when are you coming back? I'd love for you and Seke to jump back on.

Reaction score
I recently came back to perp last week after a year break and I met Arthur for the first time at the bazaar. He helped me a lot to get me back on my feet by explaining to me how to craft again and showing me tiny calc etc. He was very helpful to me and I appreciate people in the community who wants to help others :).

The only critique I can give is that if he chats more in OOC / Help as he clearly does have a lot of knowledge about perp.

I wish you the best and good luck with your application :)

• Friendly
Reactions: Red

Red

Reaction score
I recently came back to perp last week after a year break and I met Arthur for the first time at the bazaar. He helped me a lot to get me back on my feet by explaining to me how to craft again and showing me tiny calc etc. He was very helpful to me and I appreciate people in the community who wants to help others :).

The only critique I can give is that if he chats more in OOC / Help as he clearly does have a lot of knowledge about perp.

I wish you the best and good luck with your application :)
I can't remember you but I'm glad you remember me :)
I appreciate you taking your time to write your opinion about me as it surely helps and boosts my morale knowing I am being noticed.