Need help with coding (JavaScript, CSS, HTML)

Reaction score
So we are now Learning HTML, CSS and Javascript. I dont quite understand JavaScript yet but i know HTML and CSS. Anyway. They told us to make websites and for high grades to have alot of JavaScript functions. Any tips? Id love some help. Currently i want to make something like a starting page that redirects the page to different sites. I Think that would be pretty cool. I dont know. Id love some help on anything about JS or tips.

Reaction score
A starting page that redirects the page to different sites? Are you talking about <a href="LINK">NAME</a>?
I've done HTML and CSS for a few weeks and it's fairly easy, but if you want to know more about Javascript, go to
https://javascript.info

To know more about Javascript, just make more scripts and keep doing it. Search the issues you have on google and find solutions. That's what everyone else says, anyway.

Reaction score
The problem is that I have to get it done in a couple of Days. Id love to learn it but I also really want high grades early on. Thats why im asking for some functions that I can put in that are cool.

Reaction score
You want to learn Javascript in a couple of days? good fucking luck
if you want coolio functions or other shit, @Puma probably knows some shit

Reaction score
Yea i know the link directing its easy but someway to implement JavaScript would be cool. I dunno I just want some simple JavaScript functions i can implement

Reaction score
What's the website about?

When I was doing a website for school, I created a navigation drop down menu that reacted to wherever you hovered the mouse. It's relatively straight forward to do, and can be used by many websites.

Reaction score
@TinySlayer Could you please send me the code? Im making a top 10 games. The teacher recommended us to do something related to our favourite game but told us that we were free to do whatever but i took his example

Reaction score
Anything and everything for HTML, CSS and JS: https://www.w3schools.com/. It's like the bible of web technologies.

Also, what TinySlayer said, just search your specific issue into Stack Overflow and there's usually code samples with some decent explanations of the solution.

high grades to have alot of JavaScript functions.

If you want an excuse to pack it with Javascript and get the extra marks, do some form integration. Maybe the classic text box where they put their name and get greeted by name and a different greeting depending on the time of day (Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening etc):

It's pretty useless in practice, but for the marks, it shows decent Javascript competency and it's a very common starter task. Good luck my dude

Reaction score
How do I make it say like "Good Evening NAME" depending on the time of day and how do I make it display the name. Im pretty noob to coding, my knowledge is very, very basic

Reaction score
You should be using google and w3s as a guide (they're brilliant for tiny questions):
write a function that finds what time of day it is; usually, you can call upon current date and time. From that, you could have a couple of if statements that check if the time is between like 00:00 - 11:59, 12:00-17:59 and 18:00-11:59. From that it'd then return whether it should be saying good morning, afternoon or evening

Reaction score
A very simple way to redirect a page with Javascript is as follows:
Code:
<script>
window.location.href = '<target page>';
</script>

I'd recommend reading up on W3Schools as stated before by MoronPipllyd. If you run into any problems feel free to shoot an PM, and I'd be happy to take a look :)

Reaction score

Knock yourself out. If you're serious about wanting to learn Javascript I'd read the comments and try to follow along. Maybe make some changes where you want to, in order to try and better understand whats going on. If you're just in it for the free grades, go wild. Drop me a line if you need a hand with anything :*.