New PC build

Reaction score

im gonna be doing an AMD build, much cheaper than intel and they compare almost the exact same, any thoughts? Improvements?

Its around £700

SO ive made a few changes what do you think

Last edited:
Reaction score
Where are you getting a 3500X from? I thought they were unavailable

Reaction score
alright, yeah, couple of things,
RAM speed matters on ryzen, I'd use at least 3200 speed
unless you're overclocking, the stock cooler will do.
256GB SSD is a bit bad tbh, I'd highly reccomend getting a 500GB one at least.
also, please don't use a 5400RPM HDD

Reaction score
-btfo the cooler, the stock ryzen coolers are just fine and you can invest the 44$ from the cooler into getting 16gb 3200mhz RAM. i really recommend not getting 8gb only.

- the 3500X is mostly an OEM CPU, get the 3600 instead

- Your motherboard supports an m.2 drive, so change the 250GB samsung evo SSD for a samsung 500GB M.2 for way better performance. trust me, 250gb fills up fast even with a seperate drive for games and the performance the m.2 drives push out is mad

- NEVER GET A 5400RPM DRIVE. PLEASE. JUST DONT
You can get a samsung 1TB QVO SSD for roughly 90 euro's which is a great SSD optimized more for large files storage than random IO, which doesn't really matter for games that much. you will run into horrible loading times with 5400rpm drives.

it might be slightly more expensive this way than you originally intended but you'll future proof yourself for another year or two at least.

Reaction score
I understand that, I did the same thing, However you will need more than 250gb if you want to put anything other than windows on there and not have to clean your desktop and recycle bin every other week. When your boot drive is almost full, performance will suffer greatly. I know this from exsperience.