Server Suggestion New Prop: CCTV Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaction score
Suggestion Title: New Prop: CCTV Camera
Suggestion Description: For those that love passive RP, nothing is more annoying than having to deal with raiders/muggers. The CCTV camera should be able to be crafted and placed inside a property a player owns/has permission to use as long as they are not using that said property for illegal activities. It is the owner's discretion whether or not they want to share camera footage with Law Enforcement.

The use of CCTV cameras can be enforced in Rule 3.9:
-CCTV Cameras may not be used in public and can only be placed within property a player has key/storage access to as long as they are not using that said property for illegal activities.
-Players are only allowed one CCTV camera per property.
-CCTV Cameras must be positioned to where majority of the frame is only capturing within the property.

Example of skills needed to to craft:
Crafting Level 20, Intelligence level 4, Dexterity Level 3, Strength 3, Perception 2

Why should this be added?:
- I often hear conflicting information regarding being able to mug people in the back of their Bazaar shops despite having both doors being locked in the open position. This CCTV camera will eliminate all confusion and offer a peace of mind. This will also encourage players to make use of their entire shop. No more bulky builds extending outside of shops obstructing Bazaar. Encourages people to get creative and take part in passive RP.

-The use of this camera doesn't have to restricted to Bazaar shops.

What negatives could this have?:
-Taking advantage of the cameras to engage in illegal activities.
-Makes it riskier for criminals to commit crimes, which is why I suggested that majority of the camera frame must be showing within the property.

Useful Images:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I like the idea of a prop signalling an RP property actually, without outright saying RP PROPERTY. But I see the abuse you could do with it

Reaction score
Maybe being able to shoot to disable could be a feature?

So if you raid a house with cameras you can shoot them out and they come back online after 15-20 mins?

Reaction score
Maybe being able to shoot to disable could be a feature?

So if you raid a house with cameras you can shoot them out and they come back online after 15-20 mins?
Nah sorry dude, the potential abuse of physgunning it places and so on is just a big no no...

Status
Not open for further replies.