New Stamina System - Input Wanted

Reaction score
I tried running from spawn to car garage and hated my life because I had to drink 3 water bottles on the way there (probably should not have sprinted across the intersection).
This prompted me to possibly rethink the stamina system and make it less annoying overall. Since stamina is somewhat of an integral part of the gameplay, I thought we should discuss the changes with the community before releasing them.
Here is the proposal that I came up with, please let me know your thoughts.
  • Significantly reduce stamina for sprinting and jogging
    • Jogging will take 20% less stamina and sprinting will take 35% less stamina
  • New thirst system
    • Very similar to hunger system, you drink water/other stuff to replenish thirst levels.
    • Thirst will go up a tiny amount over time, similar to hunger (although maybe we do not want this?)
  • Stamina regeneration would be entirely reworked
    • Instead of Stamina being replenished by drinking, thirst will be its own system
    • Stamina can only be regained by resting for a short period of time
    • After 10-20 seconds of resting, stamina will regenerate at 10 points per second, i.e. after not jogging/sprinting/jumping for 30 seconds you would be at max stamina again
    • Regenerating stamina increases hunger by a slight bit and thirst by a bit more
      • You will still be able to regenerate your entire stamina several times before having to drink anything
    • Being very hungry or thirsty does not make you unable to sprint/jump/etc. but simply limits the maximum stamina you can regenerate
      • You will probably always have full maximum stamina until either hunger or thirst has reached at least 40%
      • When hunger or thirst is at maximum, your maximum stamina would be reduced to something like 20%
      • Being really thirsty or hungry has no other effects (or should they?)
  • You can always jump, it will still take stamina off of you. (maybe this change is not necessary due to the other changes?)

There are also some other ideas that could make sense with this system. For example, cocaine making you have much higher stamina or regen rate.
owever, I think we should keep the system as simple as possible from the start, so if you have some more ideas, please keep them somewhat simple too so players can understand what is happening.

Last edited:
Reaction score
this looks great. will having max to high dexterity help with regenerating stamina?

Reaction score
Being able to use cocaine for stamina would be great way to have more use for this item. I don't know about thirst being implemented, I mean I don't exactly mind but only as long as it's not too much of a nuisance.

Also yeah, running to car garage is an actual headache so this would be great, but hopefully this doesn't make stamina op in combat, maybe make it so that if you're exhausted your weapons will sway?

Reaction score
increasing sprint stamina and general prolonged stamina would be a great addition. Adding a system like hunger for fluids though is really not a good idea in my opinion. Having a hunger system is already tedious enough just for the sole benefit of realism. Adding another system like hunger negatively affects most players in my opinion. I would say increase stamina but don't add a new system. I would rather play on the base system rather than having to worry about drinking water . . .

Reaction score
This would be nice to see in game to be honest, cause when you sprint to garage you're out of breath before you even get there.

If a new thirst system would be added the price of drinks should be lowered because I'm guessing you have to drink more than eat to keep your stamina as high as possible? It's realistic to have two meters with hunger and thirst, after all this is a serious roleplaying server.

And I think it would be cool to add like encumbrance, gradient penalties and overall mobility when you carry too much so you can carry more/have more in your inventory than the weight limit but it will make you slower and take more stamina? But that's my own opinion due to me building a lot and the weight limit sucks when you only need to walk a few meter before placing stuff down :D

Reaction score
honestly yeah stanima is so shit you end up panting for like 10 mins unless you walk everywhere like a psycho

Reaction score
Sounds so lit. Current stamina system does kinda suck. I'm all for it

Reaction score
I'm all down for a thirst system however I would like to see a lot more access to water bottles, etc, more accessible through Fredy's Bakery, vending machines, etc etc. New players should also start with water bottles too.

When on no/low stamina, don't decrease how high you can jump, just make it less frequently possible and don't make it such as a stamina hog either, jumping absolutely destroys your stamina currently.

Other than that, looks good

Reaction score
I don't know about thirst being implemented, I mean I don't exactly mind but only as long as it's not too much of a nuisance.
I specifically do not want it to be a nuisance at all, but care has to be taken when implementing such a system. We could also not have the thirst system at all, but then the question become what should drinking something do? I just don't think that people drinking a bottle of water should instantly replenish their stamina.

Reaction score
I specifically do not want it to be a nuisance at all, but care has to be taken when implementing such a system. We could also not have the thirst system at all, but then the question become what should drinking something do? I just don't think that people drinking a bottle of water should instantly replenish their stamina.
I think the water should stay like it is now and replenish part of the stamina. And in addition it should also speed up stamina regeneration. So from being exhausted it would not take the initial 30 seconds you proposed, but it could take lets say 20-25 seconds.
(Possibly) Your hunger could also decrease based on what type of drink you choose. The more sugary the drink is it would make you tired bit faster than a normal water or milk. But the sweeter the drink is that much faster is the regeneration.