New taser rule sucks

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong idea is good but it removed 2 perks of being an SO (ealier it was 3-pbc) I thought perks like taser, optic sign other Avaible cars and such perks was for people so they would like to rank up in the field.
Now basic joe smoe after a week could get a taser and he doesnt need to rank up unless he want to join some better unit.

What are your thoughts?

Reaction score
Now basic joe smoe after a week could get a taser and he doesnt need to rank up unless he want to join some better unit.
that's the point of ranking up.

i'm impartial to this update but i don't think it deserves such negative reaction, it's just a nice way to give patrol more responsibility and actually add some regulation to the terribly misused taser.

Reaction score
I don't see how this is such a problem? It's simple to get the 7 questions correct, especially as they have been re-worded.

1 Week playtime takes a decent amount of time to get anyways. All Training will be conducted and it also allows us to remove access to people who are good in their role but misuse the taser.

Reaction score
as a patrol trainer, I think this definitely is needed people honestly do misuse the taser sometimes and this new system no matter how much it might suck right now is good. if you don't have a history of misusing the taser and you know the policy you will be just fine in the training and in 2 weeks you will probably forget this ever existed

Reaction score
I think it's probably for the best. When the Taser was just released there was pretty much a tolerance stance towards the abuse of it which worked while it lasted. However, I think regulating who actually gets a taser makes more sense.

Reaction score
If you only wanted Senior Officer for a taser, seems like your priorities aren't straight tbh

Reaction score
See it from the perspective of an Ex IA member and currently 1+ year serving Complaints Committee member:

A sizeable portion of Sustained Internal Affairs complaints are for misuse of the taser. From a realistic point of view, tasing someone can cause serious health hazards. Tasing someone should almost always be used as a substitute for shooting someone in situations where lethal force is bordered.

In IA complaints as both an investigator and a CC member, I’ve seen officers punished for using the taser:
- As a joke to troll other officers
- As a lazy method of apprehending suspects in situations where doing so wasn’t necessary
- To move civilians out of your way.
- Deployed on cuffed suspects in all situations listed above.
- As a form of punishment rather than a method of apprehension.
- To throw people onto roofs.
- Abused to avoid kill barriers such as city bridge and city halls balcony.

Senior officer isn’t a rank of esteem like it once was. Anyone who meets the set requirements typically have a right to become Senior Officer.

If anything this just gives officers another way of proving themselves capable of senior officer by applying for a taser whitelist.

Reaction score
If you only wanted Senior Officer for a taser, seems like your priorities aren't straight tbh
What do you mean? Its a virtual police rank that holds no responsibility people want to be SO for more guns and cars.

Honestly this change seems like a step back for the PLPD. Maybe 1-2 years ago everyone complained about the exclusivity of the PLPD and now exclusivity seems to be getting re-instated (although I agree this is 10x better than the police whitelist). How about give all officers the taser whitelist and then remove the taser whitelist if the taser is misused, Thats just my two cents though

Reaction score
What do you mean? Its a virtual police rank that holds no responsibility people want to be SO for more guns and cars.

Honestly this change seems like a step back for the PLPD. Maybe 1-2 years ago everyone complained about the exclusivity of the PLPD and now exclusivity seems to be getting re-instated (although I agree this is 10x better than the police whitelist). How about give all officers the taser whitelist and then remove the taser whitelist if the taser is misused, Thats just my two cents though
if anything this is a step forward for the PLPD this will definitely help improve the standard of policing for all divisions especially patrol
the white list is nothing to worry about if you know the current policy. a few weeks after you get your certification I'm sure you will probably completely forget about this system existing. The people who cannot complete the taser training to a standard to pass stage 2 always have appropriate helplines such as patrol command or trainers to assist them with learning the policy and I would also be happy to answer any questions about it if pm'd so would any other patrol trainer [unfortunately we cannot give you the correct answers though]

overall I'm happy about the new changes and i cant wait to see the positive impact they have on the plpd

Reaction score
if anything this is a step forward for the PLPD this will definitely help improve the standard of policing for all divisions especially patrol
the white list is nothing to worry about if you know the current policy. a few weeks after you get your certification I'm sure you will probably completely forget about this system existing. The people who cannot complete the taser training to a standard to pass stage 2 always have appropriate helplines such as patrol command or trainers to assist them with learning the policy and I would also be happy to answer any questions about it if pm'd so would any other patrol trainer [unfortunately we cannot give you the correct answers though]

overall I'm happy about the new changes and i cant wait to see the positive impact they have on the plpd
Sure it will help minimize IA complaints, I was never disputing that, my point is its putting another item behind a wall that seems completley useless, or use my other suggestion
How about give all officers the taser whitelist and then remove the taser whitelist if the taser is misused

Reaction score
Especially patrol? Patrol is the only division you can be in, if you don't have a taser whitelist?

Reaction score
Especially patrol? Patrol is the only division you can be in, if you don't have a taser whitelist?
im saying that most officers are in patrol as its a primary division meaning that more tasers will of course be in patrol then the other smaller divisions

Reaction score
Can not believe he does not have his priorities straight in the Perp Heads Paralake Police Department