No Signal Detected!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Hello,

Basically lads, computer was working fine last night, turned it off, got in bed, when i woke up, i've gone over to my computer and all of a sudden it's not detecting my dual dvi-d cable, so nothing will display on my monitor at all, I have a BenQ XL2411 monitor, does anyone have any fixes? I've replugged my cable in, swapped ends, etc

Reaction score
Are you sure your video cars is in properly? also, try using onboard video ports, also check your cmos battery because it could've happened that it has overridden the default settings and is set to using onboard graphics

Deleted member 1235

I could recommend trying to hook your computer up to your TV using a HDMI cable. If that works, then the issue is most likely your monitor/cable and not the computer. When hooked up to the TV, ensure all your drivers are up to date.

Reaction score
"Open command prompt from the start menu (type cmd) and run this as administrator for elevated privileges, then type the following commands.
Please hit enter after each command to execute these individually.
Ipconfig /flushdns
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh int ip reset reset
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh winsock reset"

Would any of this shit fuck up my computer? I was trying to fix R6S lmao

Reaction score
try put the dual dvi cable in the motherboard's dvi not in the video card's dvi because it may be broken
Sounds dead, try getting a new cable if that does not work the monitor is probs fucked
i have never ever seen a port or monitor go 100% broken overnight, if this would be the case. You would see a broken image, missing colors or data.
[DOUBLEPOST=1502974307,1502974221][/DOUBLEPOST]
"Open command prompt from the start menu (type cmd) and run this as administrator for elevated privileges, then type the following commands.
Please hit enter after each command to execute these individually.
Ipconfig /flushdns
netsh advfirewall reset
netsh int ip reset reset
netsh int ipv4 reset
netsh int ipv6 reset
netsh winsock reset"

Would any of this shit fuck up my computer? I was trying to fix R6S lmao
This is all networking related and shouldn't fuck up anything regarding drivers. Could be the case that nvidia/amd went metal because of this but i doubt that, just try what i suggested

Reaction score
Unplug it all and have the computer completely turned off before plugging the cable back in. My monitor wouldn't work at first before I did this, and it has worked since even if unplugged during a run. Might just work

Reaction score
Unplug it all and have the computer completely turned off before plugging the cable back in. My monitor wouldn't work at first before I did this, and it has worked since even if unplugged during a run. Might just work
Didn't work:(
[DOUBLEPOST=1502975922,1502975490][/DOUBLEPOST]HDMI doesn't work either wtf has happened

Reaction score
If the monitor is completely fucked, then try to get it refunded. The monitor shouldn't be more than 2 years old, so you should be under the mandatory 2 year warranty

Reaction score
When it's turned on get a bright torch (one on your phone may work) and shine it on the monitor. If you look really closely can you see what should be displaying? That happened to my old monitor due to the backlight breaking or something.

Reaction score
This happens to me when I'm in games sometimes, all of a sudden I'm playing and the next second the GPU stops sending a signal to my monitor with the game running in the background. I've replaced the HDMI cable going from my GPU to my monitor, I've replaced the 6pin connector going to my GPU, which puts it down to two things:

Either my GPU is about to kick the bucket or my power supply is about to make everything kick the bucket.

Either way, try resetting the CMos battery, something may be up with your bios. Unplug whatever # pin connector(s) you have to your GPU and try to boot up your PC that way.

Reaction score
Try hooking something like an Xbox etc to the monitor checking if it's not the monitor or the cable, if not it might be your GPU. Check if the fans are running at normal speed. I had a problem before and my fans were slowing down then speeding up etc. Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.