Opinion on staff ‘wage’

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Considering that this server makes a good amount of money in donations every month, I'm sure Fredy can afford to spend €720 on the staff team once a year.

I'm sure that if for some reason Fredy couldn't afford to give this gift to the staff team while also paying for the server and its development, it wouldn't be a big deal for him to just say "Sorry, I can't afford the Christmas bonus this year" and I'm sure non of the staff team would care too much.

I was going to do some math here until I realised that I have no idea how many donations the server actually makes each month, or how much it cost to keep this server running.

Reaction score
I think you misunderstand the amount of money they have to pay us. If gifting the staff members of their server made them bankrupt or meant they didn’t have enough to pay other expenses, they wouldn’t do it. Yes, our developers are and have been great, but their wages aren’t public so how can you comment on how much they get paid? For all we know they could get paid 20 euros per addition, etc.

I’d also like to politely ask, what are your intentions with this post? You say it’s aimed at staff, but it’s clear that none of our staff agree or would agree with you on this. As everyone has said, we work our asses off as glorified childminders a lot of the time, and the rest of that time is spent typing in F6 chats (sometimes as a glorified childminder!). Whilst what we do isn’t as praiseworthy or difficult as working in a hospital for example, we still do put a lot into our role(s) and the fact that the owners gift us 30 euros is very kind - but not an incentive. You wouldn’t work an entire year of your life just to get paid 30 euros, you’d get a job and make that in a month.
Ik ur 15 but you’d make that in less than a day not a month LMAO

30 euros a month where the fuck u working at

Reaction score
It’s a nice little bonus to get that can actually help people out because they might be in need. I don’t really see your issue with staff getting a bonus for being fucking virtual zookeepers.

In my personal experience, becoming staff was an exciting experience that I wanted to volunteer for not even knowing that we get paid for. After the first few months I realize how much of a burden and a nightmare being a staff member is when you’re responsible with dealing with a plethora of British (jk) invertebrates with social anxiety (jk. Maybe) and it was fucking hell which is one of the reasons I felt relief when I was demoted. Thanks @Efan

My point is that I don’t think anyone signs up for the money because its so little, but I think Fredy does it out of the kindness of his plaque covered heart to show his appreciation for what administrators actually have to go through.

If it was ever about the money, I would have been an actual zookeeper and tended to real monkeys with dental issues and earn north of 20k a year

Reaction score
It’s a nice little bonus to get that can actually help people out because they might be in need. I don’t really see your issue with staff getting a bonus for being fucking virtual zookeepers.

In my personal experience, becoming staff was an exciting experience that I wanted to volunteer for not even knowing that we get paid for. After the first few months I realize how much of a burden and a nightmare being a staff member is when you’re responsible with dealing with a plethora of British (jk) invertebrates with social anxiety (jk. Maybe) and it was fucking hell which is one of the reasons I felt relief when I was demoted. Thanks @Efan

My point is that I don’t think anyone signs up for the money because its so little, but I think Fredy does it out of the kindness of his plaque covered heart to show his appreciation for what administrators actually have to go through.

If it was ever about the money, I would have been an actual zookeeper and tended to real monkeys with dental issues and earn north of 20k a year
they funded ur gambling addiction

file_2607123_128x128.png

Reaction score
It's a one time payment once a year for a little something during the holidays, even Enforcers who only were in the team for a day got the bonus. I'm glad they even do this gesture in the first place, I believe I claimed it about 2 times and spent it for other gifts on friends. Why do you even care how they choose to spend their money to make up for those that have willingly signed up to help out?

No developer in their right mind would make PERP their main source of income. There are many more and better jobs that pay you well where software devs are actually needed.

Reaction score
The point of Christmas is that it's the time of giving.

Fredy has chosen to give his staff members a bit of cash as a thank you for making the server better, and that is completely up to him. It might be a voluntary position, but at the same time it's a voluntary position that comes with a fair amount of stress and responsibility, so why is it an issue?

Reaction score

Fredy has chosen to give his staff members a bit of cash as a thank you for making the server better, and that is completely up to him. It might be a voluntary position, but at the same time it's a voluntary position that comes with a fair amount of stress and responsibility, so why is it an issue?
pretty sure fredy is muslim

Reaction score

It’s 2020, lets try to not assume someone’s religion dan

Reaction score
Money is nice, everyone loves money.
But if you develop just because of the money, then you should probably not be a PERP developer. Nor would these 25-30 EUR * 20 change much during a year.
I understand it’s nowhere near possible to develop in perp for the money, but having a bigger budget can provide more help. Pretty sure someone will get a specific task done for 50-100 euro, giving developers more time for themselves or for other ideas.

Reaction score
Not a single staff member is motivated by any ‘wage’
It’s simply a thank you, it doesn’t harm the server, though I do agree that the developers should be paid more, though seeing as I don’t know how much or if developers are paid, I can’t really follow this up.

Reaction score
Not a single staff member is motivated by any ‘wage’
It’s simply a thank you, it doesn’t harm the server, though I do agree that the developers should be paid more, though seeing as I don’t know how much or if developers are paid, I can’t really follow this up.
It’s more about making a budget for the devs. They can use a budget to get tasks done by other people etc

Reaction score
It’s a very nice gesture of them and their way of saying thank you throughout this time of the year, I know for a fact none of the staff here are in it for the money and that we do genuinely care about the server. There is absolutely nothing wrong with being appreciative and treating the people who put hours and hours of staff work to make your experience on the server much better for free.

Reaction score
It’s more about making a budget for the devs. They can use a budget to get tasks done by other people etc
Even if they used the cash they pay staff at the end of the year, they wouldn’t have enough to actually hire a developer, nor would they want too considering they would have a large amount of work just to become familiar with the codebase.
This is a Gmod server, they aren’t trying to hire developers or begin outsourcing

Reaction score
@Harley Do you even know dev pay? like it's not public, I don't even know if and how much they get paid or on what basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.