Opinion on staff ‘wage’

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5577

it's 30 Euros that the server wouldn't have earned without the help of the staff team... you're making it out like Fredy's looted a donation box for a hospital and is giving it to his staff or something...

Reaction score
First off all, this is my opinion. People will disagree with this and this topic is totally in the hands of the staff.

I've been thinking about the fact that staff members get paid around 30 ish euro per year or something. This is what I've been told. Honestly being staff should be more of a voluntary thing so there should be no irl bonus, instead give them in-game features. If staff members do care about getting around 30 euro. They should get off their chair and get a job in my opinion.

So you may ask why?

There would be a much greater budget to try different things, be more open-minded.

Perp has been the same for years, I feel like it doesn't take risks and avoids major changes, such as advertisement, I could be wrong of course.

Instead, I feel like a large chunk of the money from the current yearly payment to staff should go to devs. Devs do all the work behind the scene and I'm pretty sure it's difficult and sometimes demotivating for them to combine this with work etc.

If devs would get paid more than now, there will be a bigger demand for being a dev, there are many talented coders, etc in our community and I'm certain a larger reward would convince them to help the current devs.

If you have anything to say about this, reply to this thread.
Devs arent gonna step up for money. You develop because you enjoy the server same reason you are staff, if you care about the money you're not gonna be here it's just a nice gesture

Reaction score
Literally had no idea this was a thing until we got the PM. Its only 30 euros, blobvis did the maths and for me this comes down to around 0.22 euros per hour of report time. And that doesnt even include the time I didnt do actual reports but other staff related stuff.

This is a gift. I really wonder what your opinion would be if you were staff yourself. I think it would be different.

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the cash is just a token of appreciation for them being in the staff team and honestly I see no reason why you would even mention it 30euros per year is literally nothing I'm also pretty sure no staff member knew it before actually getting the PM like @Synatec said

Also about you saying they should get in game features Instead I believe you mean cash in game or so, it's already obvious some kids would cry about that as a one sided advantage that's why it's not a thing

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the cash is just a token of appreciation for them being in the staff team and honestly I see no reason why you would even mention it 30euros per year is literally nothing I'm also pretty sure no staff member knew it before actually getting the PM like @Synatec said

Also about you saying they should get in game features Instead I believe you mean cash in game or so, it's already obvious some kids would cry about that as a one sided advantage that's why it's not a thing
The staff with the highest report count for the week/month got an in game cash bonus when I was staff.

Reaction score
The staff with the highest report count for the week/month got an in game cash bonus when I was staff.
That's nice I don't mind that but some kids that don't know it's a thing would cry that's all I'm implying. I for example didn't know untill you told me and I've been here for a while

Reaction score
That's nice I don't mind that but some kids that don't know it's a thing would cry that's all I'm implying. I for example didn't know untill you told me and I've been here for a while
They kinda being forgotten time to time, updates every week are lacking xD

Reaction score
1a33a3e0812ab44f74036c204b75fc12.png

Image straight from the PM. As you can clearly see this is a gift, which can be politely declined as well if someone doesn't want to accept it. Furthermore, Fredy, Bolli, etc. don't have to provide this little treat for the staff team, they just choose to because they want to give back to the members of the staff team who work their asses off every single day. It's a way to say happy holidays and do something nice.

Considering the difficult times surrounding Coronavirus, some people might be out of jobs and literally can't work, and this 30 euros is something for them so that they can do something nice for their family, or even feed themselves.

I can also assure you @Harley that no one becomes a staff member with snagging a 30 euro Christmas gift in mind as it isn't the amount of money that matters, it is the thought. Fredy could offer a 100 euro Christmas gift and it still wouldn't change the fact that it is a gift, not a requirement. Literally, no staff member would be demotivated if Fredy said he wasn't going to give us 30 euros. Hell most people didn't even know this was a thing unless they had been staff before.
I did not know it was a thing untill I recieved the gift from Boli. Its not wel I joined the staff team. I just think its a verry kind thing of them to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.