Police Suggestion PD changes regarding purchasing weapons and budgets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

I am taking some of @Daigestive's ideas and introducing my own as well. I think a decent idea to meet with both sides is implement a true PD budget. When there is no mayor, the guns must be bought out of PD's own personal wallet. When there is a mayor, the mayor can set aside a specific budget for PD cars which should cost to spawn, TFU cars, etc. This would implement pay, armory, weaponry, job items (road equipment), bandages, etc. If the PD decide to zerg out and all TFU decide to buy M4s (should be expensive), they would run out of the city budget quick and the mayor would have to reallocate funds from different departments, or raise taxes to make up the difference. This would allow the TFU to have proper equipment when more people are on (paying taxes). This also would stop the PD from zerging out and keep going back everytime they die to a raid without thinking about how it will affect the budget and RP the PROPER way to raid.

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
-Less people relying on PD for shootouts
-More incentive to play civ to gain access to better firearms as currently we lack in reasons to play civ.
-Better roleplay
-PD won't zerg out and will think of the consequences of their actions without running in guns blazing

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
-PD is less powerful, would lose more shootouts.

Reaction score
Why would the PD need to have officers buy there own firearms when the PLPD's garage and armoury already has the equipment? Surely as well when an officers body is removed by medics, the equipment, realistically speaking, would be retrieved?

There's ways of nerfing the PD I am 100% Behind, but this isn't it chief.

Reaction score
I think a lot of these budget and money ideas are great, however, they require two things, and it's:
  1. Changing the whole economy of the server.
  2. You would need a /longterm/ mayor.

Reaction score
I'd like the idea if the paycheck for the police is also increased by quite a bit.
Being more careful or not I'd rather not have to pay for 3 guns in a short period of one raid because Dom keeps killing me while only getting 200 dollars per minute.

Sam

Reaction score
Denied

This has been discussed several times both within PH Senior Administration and PLPD Senior Administration. The conclusion has been each time to not look into it before we have a better mayor system. If in the future we have a better mayor system, where we actually have a competent mayor that runs the city for quite a while, then we can look into having a PD budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.