Police Suggestion Default TFU weapons and equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

2 ideas I've had and just been thinking about pros and cons. It's not hard to see the standards of TFU drop since the first ever recruitment cycle. We used to have mainly high ranking command, chiefs ect that wouldn't abuse it and patrol 24/7. Police roleplay was valued a lot back then, we had a lot of organisations and criminals which meant nobody really had to tryhard and everyone really just enjoyed.

Idea: All TFO's get either a Benneli, MP5, M16 or a M24 or whatever the sniper is. I'd then like access to the better guns e.g m4, scar, UMP45 to be either based off rank or the other idea is paying for them. A lot of cop mains are going to disagree with this, but personally I can only see 1 maybe 2 organisations actually playing on the server rn. I've always blamed TFU as for me lowering the standards and giving a lot of people TFU that wouldn't have got it maybe a year or 2 ago, means they never have to play civ again. We used to have the incentive, if you want to shoot AR's or better guns, you have to grind for them as civ. Now these people don't and we're left with the lacking playerbase we currently have. On any bias issues, I like playing cop a lot and value the roleplay that's currently lacking on the server, too many people currently abuse the PD for a free shootout with no value for roleplay and would rather tryhard for shootouts like it's an fps shooter. I've just been trying to think of possible solutions to keep everyone happy. Any opinions are welcome, I'm not 100% for this suggestion but would like to know what everyone thinks, any problems or additions that could be good. I'm really not for the argument "cop dies every 5 minutes and has to buy weapons again" because it's the same scenario for civilians. Personally, I feel something needs to change to suit the current playerbase, we've hit 60 players once in 30 days, when we lack orgs and reasons to play as a civ, I don't understand why the PD has been kept the same from when we had 5 orgs, Olsen ect where it would usually be 10-15 people against the PD when now you're lucky to get 4-5

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
-Less people relying on PD for shootouts
-More insentive to play civ to gain access to better firearms as currently we lack in reasons to play civ.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
-PD is less powerful, would lose more shootouts.

Last edited:

Deleted member 6228

Have to agree, TFU used to be really difficult to deal with back when it first came along, now the quality seems to have dropped a bit.
Those worse players could use the incentive to go back to civ

Reaction score
This seems like a good idea, maybe introduce TFU ranks, like TFO 1, 2, 3 , Senior TFO 1, etc for these extra weapons, it'd add a more legitimate reason to play TFU other than to kos everyone who says gun.
As for paying for guns, I don't think anyone will support that. Let's be honest here, cops are dying left and right and to lose money when that happens too has the potential to be extremely expensive, since most cops are new players, and would deter officers from playing, but that's an entirely separate suggestion.

Reaction score
I partially agree, however, I feel as though the M4A1 should be given by default, since its the "Most balanced" rifle. Also on the fence regarding the whole "Paying" part, but I agree that it'd certainly do an effective job at encouraging people to not sit cop during the entirety of there PERPheads gaming experience. But on the other hand whenever I'm TFU I only really use the MP5A4 so like if this got accepted then I wouldn't have to pay anything!

I'm gonna make an alternative suggestion I've had in my mind though real quick.

Reaction score
Not really against paying for weapons as a whole, maybe the standards and performance are so low because cops don't care if they do as they lose nothing. I can def tell you myself that I play more cautiously as a civ because I actually lose something significant most of the time; this same mindset doesn't apply to when im on duty. I'm obviously not going to rush like a chicken without a head like every Corporal and lower today, but im willing to do more risky tactics and play more aggressive as im not losing anything.

Pistols under 1k, rifles no more than 3k. It'll stack up life afterlife and they'll finally come to their senses.

Reaction score
The lack of roleplay from both sides is the reason I don't play anymore. Everyone tryhards, it is not limited to cops.

You can't make cops pay for weapons because there is no reward for them to balance the risk, they get a meagre paycheck and some confiscation money, while criminals can make bank growing and robbing the bank. High risk, high reward vs low risk, low reward.

Reaction score
Yeah, I agree with this 100%. I feel like TFU should have to pay for their guns and it would cost quite a bit since then TFU would maybe be more cautious with how they play out situations so they don't end up having to pay even more money for another gun.

Reaction score
Not fair for only TFU to have to pay for weapons, make it for all officers so EVERYONE can stop acting like idiots in shootouts.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
ofc its a 2 way thing, chain effect from 1 side to the other thats ended up with no orgs anymore but the pd is the same

Deleted member 6228

Easier solution, have a cooldown on how often you can get weapons out of the armory, if you die too often doing stupid shit you don't get a weapon for a short while

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Problem is having a gun is neccesary for officers, so 1 should be default e.g a berretta with an iron sight or some shit. Then they can pay as small price for a better one or attatchment could be good.

Reaction score
I agree that Officers should have a gun by default but like Dai said they have to pay for attachments.

Reaction score
All this is 10/10,
But, rather than making officers pay for their shit, give us a 15 minute blackscreen pls <3
Make us care about dying

Reaction score
Ngl all these ideas are too big, make it so that you can't patrol as TFU, that way they are forced to.go back and gear, which in experience isn't something that works.

Paying for guns will kill PLPD, people go on duty for money, like me sometimes

The ideas given lately are too massive

Reaction score
This'd just make light gear redundant tbh and we would be reverting back on the thing that a large portion of the community collectively agreed on and made a huge fiasco over til we got it.

Reaction score
>Get blackscreened
> Reconnect
> 10 mins in jail instead of 15 minutes dead

I like this idea but it didn't take long for me to come up with this rule bending solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.