Police Suggestion Default TFU weapons and equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daigestive

Professional Stripper
Reaction score
Brief description of idea:

2 ideas I've had and just been thinking about pros and cons. It's not hard to see the standards of TFU drop since the first ever recruitment cycle. We used to have mainly high ranking command, chiefs ect that wouldn't abuse it and patrol 24/7. Police roleplay was valued a lot back then, we had a lot of organisations and criminals which meant nobody really had to tryhard and everyone really just enjoyed.

Idea: All TFO's get either a Benneli, MP5, M16 or a M24 or whatever the sniper is. I'd then like access to the better guns e.g m4, scar, UMP45 to be either based off rank or the other idea is paying for them. A lot of cop mains are going to disagree with this, but personally I can only see 1 maybe 2 organisations actually playing on the server rn. I've always blamed TFU as for me lowering the standards and giving a lot of people TFU that wouldn't have got it maybe a year or 2 ago, means they never have to play civ again. We used to have the incentive, if you want to shoot AR's or better guns, you have to grind for them as civ. Now these people don't and we're left with the lacking playerbase we currently have. On any bias issues, I like playing cop a lot and value the roleplay that's currently lacking on the server, too many people currently abuse the PD for a free shootout with no value for roleplay and would rather tryhard for shootouts like it's an fps shooter. I've just been trying to think of possible solutions to keep everyone happy. Any opinions are welcome, I'm not 100% for this suggestion but would like to know what everyone thinks, any problems or additions that could be good. I'm really not for the argument "cop dies every 5 minutes and has to buy weapons again" because it's the same scenario for civilians. Personally, I feel something needs to change to suit the current playerbase, we've hit 60 players once in 30 days, when we lack orgs and reasons to play as a civ, I don't understand why the PD has been kept the same from when we had 5 orgs, Olsen ect where it would usually be 10-15 people against the PD when now you're lucky to get 4-5

What benefits would this idea have for the department:
-Less people relying on PD for shootouts
-More insentive to play civ to gain access to better firearms as currently we lack in reasons to play civ.

What potential negatives could this have for the department:
-PD is less powerful, would lose more shootouts.

Last edited:
Reaction score
This will work on the grounds that we make sure Senior officers who perform there duties exceptionally as a TFU are given corporal at the next available opportunity. Proving yourself capable as being promoted to corporal by your actions as TFU is how I got corporal and I feel as though it's a great way to get it, as you're proving yourself capable in the most physically demanding role in the PD.

Reaction score
yes lets kill the PD all together. Considering how often officers get into gun shootouts this is a dumb idea making them pay especially because most folk who play officer don't have much money

Status
Not open for further replies.