Perphead in UE4

Reaction score
Probably not...not saying it wont take maybe a year solo. 2 largest 3d software is run by less than 30 people. But with sourced assets as well as megascans

Reaction score
Hahah im litteraly making this right now

Reaction score
Why always UE4 :( Unity not getting enough love.

I've been working on and off on modules for a game like PERP in Unity3D/C# for a few years, but I can't model for shit so who knows how that's going to work out.

If anybody is interested in tracking progress, I have a Discord server where I sometimes dump screenshots / test builds.

Note and disclaimer: the "preview" channel is a bit bare at the moment as I'm refactoring a lot of the codebase into more stable and seperable parts, I aim for weekly updates. As soon as a part is refactored and ready, it's posted.

Last edited:
Reaction score

I've been working on and off on modules for a game like PERP in Unity3D/C# for a few years, but I can't model for shit so who knows how that's going to work out.

If anybody is interested in tracking progress, I have a Discord server where I sometimes dump screenshots / test builds, DM for an invite.

Not going to post it here because I'm unsure on how the rules / staff team looks at this kind of stuff.
You can post it here! Community content is always cool.

Reaction score

If anybody is interested in tracking progress, I have a Discord server where I sometimes dump screenshots / test builds.

Note and disclaimer: the "preview" channel is a bit bare at the moment as I'm refactoring a lot of the codebase into more stable and seperable parts, I aim for weekly updates. As soon as a part is refactored and ready, it's posted.
I agree! I prefer Unity compared to UE4. Haven't done too much in the past but I am currently planning a game to publish on Steam.

Reaction score
PERP as a standalone game wouldn't necessarily work out because its likely rule breakers would get banned and give us bad reviews! In my opinion, once you look past some possibly scuffed combat mechanics and limitations, our game mode works fine in garrys mod.

The style of gameplay as found here on PERPHeads is the sort of gameplay experience you would expect from "A game within a game" So to speak. A standalone game with "Gameplay" rules beyond no cheats, hacks, etc. wouldn't fly well in todays gaming climate. This is why city roleplay games aren't very popular outside of being a mod for an existing game.