Player Resets

REMINDER: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGING MAP, THIS IS AN ENTIRELY SEPARATE THING In case you

• Skills

Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Items

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Cars

Votes: 2 8.0%
  • Genes

Votes: 1 4.0%
  • Money

Votes: 4 16.0%
  • NONE

Votes: 18 72.0%
  • I have no opinion

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
REMINDER: THIS HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH CHANGING MAP, THIS IS AN ENTIRELY SEPARATE THING

In case you have not read my post about a player owned economy, please read it first before voting as it will explain why it is necessary.
http://perpheads.com/forum/server/id...-owned-economy

Essentially to have this idea approved it will require at least skills and items be reset, cars/money/genes aren't as necessary to be reset, but it would improve the overall experience to start everyone on equal ground. So mark which you are willing to have reset of your character.

You can pick more than one option, but do not pick more than one if you choose none or no opinion.

As mentioned in the post, this is not something that would happen soon, so don't think doing anything is pointless. We will be offering some benefits to everyone in the first week of release, if this idea is approved. Details to come.

Reaction score
I don't really mind that much if genes and skills are reset, but it would be a pretty big pain to get the cars and money back. If you think about it resetting the skills and genes will force people to use there money on new weapons and genes so resetting money won't have much effect. Also what would be the point of resetting cars? can you explain that a bit more please?

Reaction score
Alex_:D;n4260 said:
If you think about it resetting the skills and genes will force people to use there money on new weapons and genes so resetting money won't have much effect. Also what would be the point of resetting cars? can you explain that a bit more please?

It would be beneficial to reset everything as the value of the game's currency is essentially changing to a point where it is becoming more valuable. By the sounds of it, things are likely going to be more difficult to obtain, meaning everything will be more expensive, meaning money will be more valuable.

For example, $1,000.00 could be effectively equal to $10,000.00 in the new system. This would mean that if money wasn't reset, and you had $1,000,000.00 now, you would essentially have $10,000,000.00 in the new system.

Cars could be sold for money, so they would have to be reset too.

Another way to look at it is that, by the sounds of it, this game will be very different to what it is now, meaning it could be worth starting fresh, as it could be perceived as a NEW game, rather than a simple update.

Reaction score
I think it's all or nothing.

If we decide to keep money, everyone will desperately try to sell their items when the reset is announced. This will trick the less fortunate into buying all the cheap wares, just for them to get removed.
If we remove money, but keep cars, a slight way to exploit this would be buying as many cars as you can, and sell them again after the reset for that slight boost in money.
The same goes for items. Genes aren't sellable, but people would obviously just buy all the genes they could, just to get that slight advantage.

I voted for resetting it all.

Reaction score
Luke said:
Alex_:D;n4260 said:
If you think about it resetting the skills and genes will force people to use there money on new weapons and genes so resetting money won't have much effect. Also what would be the point of resetting cars? can you explain that a bit more please?

It would be beneficial to reset everything as the value of the game's currency is essentially changing to a point where it is becoming more valuable. By the sounds of it, things are likely going to be more difficult to obtain, meaning everything will be more expensive, meaning money will be more valuable.

For example, $1,000.00 could be effectively equal to $10,000.00 in the new system. This would mean that if money wasn't reset, and you had $1,000,000.00 now, you would essentially have $10,000,000.00 in the new system.

Cars could be sold for money, so they would have to be reset too.

Another way to look at it is that, by the sounds of it, this game will be very different to what it is now, meaning it could be worth starting fresh, as it could be perceived as a NEW game, rather than a simple update.
Could not have said this better myself, since although it would be called an update, it's effectively a whole new game at that point, because it changes the very foundation of how objects are acquired. Cops and such would still be the same essentially, so the RP should be vastly improved by it.

Reaction score
Numse said:
I think it's all or nothing.

If we decide to keep money, everyone will desperately try to sell their items when the reset is announced. This will trick the less fortunate into buying all the cheap wares, just for them to get removed.
If we remove money, but keep cars, a slight way to exploit this would be buying as many cars as you can, and sell them again after the reset for that slight boost in money.
The same goes for items. Genes aren't sellable, but people would obviously just buy all the genes they could, just to get that slight advantage.

I voted for resetting it all.
Yep, I mean I don't know exactly how useful money will be, because this would be a completely new thing and not see anywhere else, but anyone that has played so far will have somewhat of an edge over anyone joining after that system would be put into effect, which if you ask me, is terribly unfair and may discourage them from playing because it would create artificial prices at first that they could not match with the few $ they have. Ultimately the whole idea behind the player owned economy is to get it to all function together with players buying/selling to one another and to/from the NPCs so cash still plays a role, but more fun if it takes everyone doing their part for people to succeed.

Reaction score
They are all linked together. Resetting just few would be pointless. Numse explained it pretty well. I vote for resetting all.
If everything gets reset, I'm excited to play so much in the first days after the reset because I love when everyone is so poor and everyone grows at their bases to make money fast and try to become richer than others. Everyone will be using cheap weapons. And there will be lots of raids to make more money and people will have to defend their bases desperately. Whoever gets their firearm skill faster will get the bigger advantage towards other clans/groups because their guns will be superior to others during raids. First people who will be able to craft MP5's while everyone else is using pistols will be gods in other people's eyes... GOD IM EXCITED.

Reaction score
As said by Numse, and many others 'It's all or nothing' . And considering the improvements that this update will make on the game, I am willing to give up everything.
Looks like it's back to the good old days of breaking into the factory with an M9 and protecting it with one stove and a fence :D

Reaction score
This update will essentially be a new gamemode, it is only normal to reset everything. Also to see somone driving arround with a lamborghini, a sniper rifle and 1 million in cash from day 1 would ruin the experience so much.

Reaction score
As i have already been voting "NONE" i can't change it, but now i see the good thing in it.. Reset it all i say, would make the game more fun to start from the bottom again! :)

C2W

Reaction score
Hopefully the cars will still be there or else its a week money farming loss for me :)

What losing all my cars and Money 100% NO NO NO, But you can make a map change and add smething but dont reset players pls.

Reaction score
I vote restarting everything else except money and cars, worked hard for the money I have it would be a shame if I lose it D:

Reaction score
Seems Legit;n4492 said:
Don't be afraid of change. I vote to reset all.

Exactly. Some people don't want to sacrifice their earned money etc for a better experience. Even the richest people on the server who farmed their money for weeks are willing to sacrifice their wealth.

Reaction score
I would like everything to be reset.... However people who have farmed seem to want to hold their earned valuables and I see why, but since theres a new map it would be nice to have a new start for everyone, everyone would be on equal grounds and then we will see how the players will develope again after the community has been formed with its players who know how to play it and have done it before.
This also helps out the new players because the server is getting a lot of new players everyday and it would help the playerbase if everyone didn't have a million guns and a lamborghini,ferrari...etc.
And also most of the active playerbase has gotten to the end of their journey in farming because they have the car they want and don't need to farm anymore and just start raiding everyone and then they start trying to roleplay a lot and start doing it to much so that they eventually get bored of the server because they have enough money to get whatever they want anyway.
If you would reset everyone would have to work hard again and some might regain interest if they were starting to lose it.

Reaction score
Ruby said:
Seems Legit;n4492 said:
Don't be afraid of change. I vote to reset all.

Exactly. Some people don't want to sacrifice their earned money etc for a better experience. Even the richest people on the server who farmed their money for weeks are willing to sacrifice their wealth.
yes look at me ! Oh wait ... :(

Reaction score
Well after losing most of my money I guess it would be good for a fresh start, but I feel sorry for the people who have spent hours and hours getting enough money for nice fast cars and then will have to say goodbye to them

Status
Not open for further replies.