PLPD | Currently proposed changes

Reaction score
Light gear has been the biggest problem so far. Haven't really been able to agree on it with anyone yet. Maybe we could get a "heavy firearms whitelist" or base the eligibility for light gear of more than just someone's rank.

Reaction score
@Mimball What exactly in the proposed changes is an issue? and also please tell me WHY. as so far no one has actually addressed WHY they believe this to be an issue. You were allowed to voice your concerns about the RTU being a secondary division before any of these changes were in the works about 2 months ago but chose not to do so even though you were specifically requested to.

Reaction score
What's the problem with the PD currently? I see no reason for these changes.

Reaction score
Is there also any chance these can be voted on rather then not being voted on?

Mim

Reaction score
@Momo like I just said in slack I’m not aposed to RTU becoming a secondary and never did I say that anywhere in the post, it’s more automatic training that will create more problems than it solves

plus I did give my opinion on the change to secondary at the time however it has since changed but I don’t agree with the other training related changes

Reaction score
@Mimball But that's not for RTU tho. and will only apply to heavy gear TFU, which will be a bit more like SWAY (as a lot of people have requested), however, with an additional role to keep newer members in check. This would a be decent compromise right? There will be more in-game trainin, RTU trainer still have a purpose and people kinda get SWAT back (sort of).

Reaction score
  • No more light gear, rifle/submachine whitelist

If anything light gear is the aspect of the PD we all wanted for years, and was how TFU was intended to be. It is also very heavily used and no one is complaining about this.

Further explanation is also needed. What you’re saying here is that light gear is being replaced with normal cops getting the light gear Arsenal upon being whitelisted? the real question here is why? There isn’t a single person in this community who wants to take on 4 heavy TFU alongside the probable possibility that there could also be 5 more officers behind them with MP5s.

I can get behind the idea of semi automatic only variants for normal officers maybe, such as an AR15 made from the M4 model locked in semi automatic maybe for supervisors, but replacing TFU light gear when we really wanted it in the first place is counterproductive and pointless.

Automed applications

Taking the humanity and sense of fair judgement from more experienced members of the PD out of the TFU application process is a shit idea, trust me.

Replacing actual trainers and assessors with a few lines of code will be a disaster. Because a machine can be tricked.

Other questions I have include:
- What will happen to trainers who put a load of effort into their positions, and pride themselves for their efforts?
- If trainers are being kept, what will our responsibilities be?

The current issues with the PD right now aren’t the fault of the system, but the fault of particular command members, especially ones who don’t even come on the server all that often, doing fuck all in their current positions, acting like some inaccessible man in the ivory tower kinda deal. Fix that first?

The idea of making RTU a sub division which people have to gear up for, despite my Personal belief that RTU should have less benefits over patrol, is definitely going to piss off a lot of users and potentially kill all interest in becoming RTU.

I strongly dislike and disagree with the majority of these changes and the ones I like and agree with aren’t even worth mentioning.

Mim

Reaction score
@Momo no, it clearly states in your announcement that RTU applications will be ingame, which implies they will be automatic like TFU, if not then how will that work, what will I be doing as Captain because so far it seems like I’ll be practically redundant myself

Reaction score
Fill me in on why Light gear “has been the biggest problem” please.

Mim

Reaction score
This is something I thought about RTU becoming a secondary. People will rarely use the gear, whilst me not being against people having to gear into traffic gear, giving people a reason to gear up into gear will be extremely hard and I’m assuming that will be left up to me. The role will end up like dispatch, everyone has it but don’t use it

Reaction score
Could not agree more with this post goes into detail about how I feel about the proposed changes. I just personally feel it's an extra unnecessary step to have to gear up, is there currently a problem with RTU not responding to traffic incidents? In my opinion, no. That may be the problem though I've got no idea it would be nice to hear some more info about this.

Reaction score
I don't see much benifit here in making the pd more "simple" the reason people like the idea of the plpd is people can get involved wether it's training marking applications etc etc. Instead it seems like your removing that aspect and giving us a boneless pd. What's the point in automating applications it's not like you pay a salary to anyone other than virtual money. If your issue is they don't get dealt with fast enough take @Mimball s approach to applications and hire 5+ active trainers. Correct me if I'm wrong but didn't you guys ask traffic to have a higher quality standard of traffic officers? This actually requires human interaction to make happen.

What's the point in removing staff sergeant? I understand it wasn't really used but for people like @Shay who is former captain of IA it would make sense for him to have staff sergeant as he clearly knows the policies.

This seems like a weird update and one that should be thought out a bit further.

Reaction score
@BigBenji problem as nobody can agree on a way to change it. I'd fully agree to propose light gear weaponry being treated like a corporal's shotgun - this would also be hella annoying because of how unrealistically long it takes to actually get out and equip a gun.

@Momo I guess I'm making another slideshow then

Reaction score
I thought staff SGT was originally added as a rank for people in extra roles, kinda like a reward or "this person runs their own task force" etc etc

Reaction score
Yeah that was my understanding. Supervising trainers etc but I think what it was used for changed over time

Reaction score
You're right I can see a bit issue here. Surely there must also be a solution.

Reaction score
The Staff Sergeant rank was immensely useful for “training supervisor” positions as it meant that you could essentially guarantee that all other members of that training division are outranked physically by their divisions supervisor. Since the training divisions have been kicked in lately, the role of staff sgt is essentially as much use as a knitted condom is in an orgy at the AIDS clinic.

Reaction score
@BigBenji Biggest problem in terms of the meeting with development and the senior staff team. not biggest problem in general