PLPD | Currently proposed changes

Reaction score
Light gear and heavy gear take up the same slots, someone who is in light gear going into a shootout is simply making it so there’s 1 less heavy gear TFU for crims to worry about.

Reaction score
@CaughtRed I completely agree with you. I believe that the PD is a unique feature to perpheads and the trainings and the ability to choose between 2 primary divisions is really cool, 1 of the main reasons I like playing on the server as an officer is because of the unique experience you get.

Reaction score
Typing " no one is complaining about this. " doesn't make it true. Light gear TFU has received a large number of complaints. Admittedly these changes don't solve them all but have another reason. Currently, light gear is nothing more than a different skin, range rover, and TFU equipment. Obviously there will also be limits to how many weapons can be taken out, I love how you assume there won't be.... With the change to heavy TFU changes had to be made to light gear exactly because of the balancing issues. Heavy gear as discussed in this post, is fairly close to what a large part of the community has been asking for for a while "BRING BACK SWAT". I understand that you personally are heavily invested in the more administrative side of the PD as are most people replying to this thread, however, this does not apply to everyone as evident by the amount of people that want SWAT back for example..

Reaction score
EZYofeC.png

My version of the changes
Chiefs of Department
  • Re-election for chief and deputy chief
Road Traffic Unit
  • Remove Mercedes
  • Increase Speed of Porsche from 100 mph to 120 mph
  • Increase Speed of BMW 340i from 90 mph to 110 mph
  • Automatic Stage 1 as currently in place
  • Assessed Stage 2 to be enhanced so it is significantly harder to join Traffic
  • Better training for traffic officers and easier to remove members who are shit
  • No rank requirement to join, just an interest in traffic
  • Optional High Vis which can be equipped / removed from your inventory
  • Consider removing access to patrol vehicles
  • Do not change access to primary firearm or armour
  • Always have traffic gear, no requirement to 'gear up' as proposed.
  • To prioritise traffic incidents as currently in place
  • Keep unmarked vehicles but as already in place remain as a priority for traffic enforcement
  • Consider adding a white hat for traffic so it is easier to spot a traffic officer?
Patrol Division
  • Unmarked vehicle of their own for general patrol duties or surveillance, e.g. crown vic or dodge charger
  • Default division for new officers
Tactical Firearms
  • Whitelisted TFO's are always light gear TFU and have access to SMG's and M16, they can't gear down to normal officer
  • Can spawn any vehicle relevant to their role e.g. traffic can spawn traffic vehicles and patrol can spawn patrol vehicles, and can also spawn Land Rover.
  • Are able to gear up as Heavy TFU for more access to weapons, SWAT van, additional ammo/stun grenades but cannot patrol in this state
  • Better training for firearms officers
  • Remove Rank Requirement
Professional Standards Department
  • Simplify it massively
  • PSD, IA and Policy Board are merged
  • IA investigators do their investigation and it is reviewed by PSD command for a decision to be made
  • Appeals to go to PSD command
  • Further Appeals to go to Chiefs of Dept
Ranks
  • Chief of Department
  • Deputy Chief of Department
  • Major or Assistant Chief of Department, will be the same thing anyway
  • Captain
  • Lieutenant
  • Sergeant
  • Corporal
  • Senior Officer
  • Officer
Training / Assessments
  • Every division to have automatic stage 1
  • RTU / TFU to have assessed stage 2 which is more training based
  • Officers who fail to demonstrate proper skills if trained such as building clearance / pursuit TPAC can be removed from their role

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what is being said here, however, we can't please everyone. The idea of a slightly simpler PD is to have it be more inviting to newer players, whilst simultaneously implementing features that we hope will keep the quality of officers high. Another problem that isn't as apparent now due to people being at home a lot more than usual, is that when every step in becoming anything in the PD relies on a group of people comming together that this will and always has caused delays.

Reaction score
" Whitelisted TFO's are always light gear TFU and have access to SMG's and M16, they can't gear down to normal officer " could you ellaborate a bit on this?

Reaction score
Light TFU basically becomes a whitelist for better guns

Reaction score
But what do you mean with they cant gear down to normal officer? They are just TFU forever??

Reaction score
Why remove the Mercedes and make the default cars faster though? Terrible balance.

Having TFU as a primary division would be shit too, as you’d have a bunch of cops in light gear alongside the heavy gear ones.

Reaction score
  • Increase Speed of Porsche from 100 mph to 120 mph
  • Increase Speed of BMW 340i from 90 mph to 110 mph
    • Good idea and you are not the first to come up with this, but the development team has objections against this.
  • Optional High Vis which can be equipped / removed from your inventory
    • again simply a development thing
  • Consider removing access to patrol vehicles
    • already planned
  • Always have traffic gear, no requirement to 'gear up' as proposed.
    • Why still haven't explained why exactly you are against this.
  • Simplify it massively
    • means nothing
  • PSD, IA and Policy Board are merged
    • this makes no sense what? especially not for policy board do you even know what it is?
  • IA investigators do their investigation and it is reviewed by PSD command for a decision to be made
    • So like the complaint committee but with a larger chance of bias right?
  • Appeals to go to PSD command
    • Don't they already deal with the outcome then?
  • Whitelisted TFO's are always light gear TFUand have access to SMG's and M16, they can't gear down to normal officer
    • How would we set a limit of how many people have access to heave firearms at once?
  • Can spawn any vehicle relevant to their role e.g. traffic can spawn traffic vehicles and patrol can spawn patrol vehicles, and can also spawn Land Rover.
    • already planned kinda

Reaction score
now these are changes I can get behind without hesitation less complex in all areas and faster vehicle speeds which will make the RTU division more powerful

if we have the option to vote on different proposals this one would win by far

Reaction score
look at the model of the mercedes, no storage for traffic cones and no room to transport prisoners, why would it ever be a police car, especially for traffic?

Reaction score
The vehicle speed isn't possible unless someone can convince the dev team.