[PROPOSAL] Secondary Server for PH - Half-Life 2 Roleplay

Dear PERPheads users, I'm currently in possession of my own copy of Clockwork and the HL2RP schema.

• I want it, yeah!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't want it, stinky!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Dear PERPheads users,

I'm currently in possession of my own copy of Clockwork and the HL2RP schema. I also have my own 24-slot server and my own developer who is very familiar with Clockwork and makes plugins for it. I'm proposing that sometime in the future, if my community should fail, that I allow PERPheads to use my server.

The only reason that I've proposed this is because my server is lacking a playerbase and the staff are trying really hard to get it back on its feet. If my community is to fail, this is what I'm proposing for the future.
Here are the terms that I've come up with.

- The server is managed by me, as I am heavily experienced with HL2RP (since the start of OpenAura).
- I will have my own developer on my team as well, so that Fredy can focus on the PERP server.
- We do not get any privileges on the PERP server, that would just be silly.
- Current owners of PERPheads will get special privileges on this server.
- Me and my developer still hold all of the rights to the server.
- It is registered under PERPheads' name and an official server of PERPheads.
- We will have our own section on the forums.
- We (possibly) have our own, smaller staff team to prevent lack of staff on the PERP server.
- We can set up our own donation system or link it to the current PERPheads donation system.

If any of the owners would like to discuss this with me, they can contact me on Steam. For now, I shall let the community decide whether they feel that this appropriate and that they like the prospect of another roleplaying server.

If you are not familiar with Clockwork or HL2RP, then look it up. We'll be having our own custom canon and we already have quite a bit of custom content. If people ask, I'll add a description of what HL2RP is in an edit.

Reaction score
I really like the fact that you spent alot of time on this and your grammer is perfect.

Moving onto the topic; i really would like to see PERPheads expanding a little from one SeriousRP server, havent really thought of any down sides - they may come later on but for now i think this is a nice idea.

Good luck!

Reaction score
Hell yeah! I love playing HL2RP sometimes, and i would really like to see PerpHeads with a HL2RP server.
I think it's a really great idea, so i hope this will get discussed between the owners! :)

Reaction score
Well its a good idea i guess.. But your trying to make it a official PerpHeads server. that's something you would have to talk to Fredy about.

Reaction score
Well Guys ive been around playing games since 1994 on line. The major issue is that with 2 servers you will split to some extent your player base. If you hold 2 servers you will see a shift of players exit the current perp server over to the new server. This is only due to the server being new and everyone is at the same level. This generally lasts for a few months till people get tired and want to move back to the old server. Ive seen some groups die after hosting a 2nd server as costs to run both get stretched thin. So what happens is you close one server to keep the other going. But as you closed that server it makes some upset and they fall off the map for good. Then you risk losing everything.

It needs to be added when you have a regular 50/50 server capacity. You then limit your risk and you do not cause the main server from going dead or having a very low player count. But like I said it needs to be done strategically.

Trande

Nate Sparks said:
Well Guys ive been around playing games since 1994 on line. The major issue is that with 2 servers you will split to some extent your player base. If you hold 2 servers you will see a shift of players exit the current perp server over to the new server. This is only due to the server being new and everyone is at the same level. This generally lasts for a few months till people get tired and want to move back to the old server. Ive seen some groups die after hosting a 2nd server as costs to run both get stretched thin. So what happens is you close one server to keep the other going. But as you closed that server it makes some upset and they fall off the map for good. Then you risk losing everything.

It needs to be added when you have a regular 50/50 server capacity. You then limit your risk and you do not cause the main server from going dead or having a very low player count. But like I said it needs to be done strategically.
It's a bit different with HL2RP, I guess. Many people don't like this "Hardcore Rp". Sure, they will try it, but many will leave after a little amount of time. The main idea is getting a bigger variety of gamemodes in the PERPheads community, and maybe improve the RP on the PERP server, after people properly RPed on the HL2RP server.

Reaction score
Indefinitely I would hope they would allow this! Hl2RP is amazing, and I've always been crazy about it hahaha; it's always been hard to balance between HL2RP and PERP to figure out which one I wanna put more time in!

Reaction score
SenlinGames said:
I don't have half life 2 myself however, I think this is a good idea for those who do.
You don't necessarily to of needed of played Half-Life 2 to play HL2RP, if you read up on the wiki and if this does go through I'll be posting a canon to know the basics. I never played Half-Life 2 when I started doing HL2RP, I got all my knowledge from the wiki.

Bow

Reaction score
Good idea.

yeah I deleted the other post because I don't want to fight on who's right and who's not.. story short I don't have time to check what are you saying everytime.

Reaction score
The Bowpro said:
Good idea.

yeah I deleted the other post because I don't want to fight on who's right and who's not.. story short I don't have time to check what are you saying everytime.
It's inappropriate and against the rules to post illegal items on our forums. Downloading the textures by this means is illegal and against Valve's terms and conditions. It's known as stealing/copyright infringement.

Bow

Reaction score
The Bowpro said:
Good idea.

@Red it doesn't seem like that, I don't think it's illegal by any chance because if it was they would've acted towards it but if it's true what you said show me a proof and I will be glad to remove the post.

Reaction score
Wait a second. The name of the community is "Perpheads" right? So Perpheads hl2rp server sounds not right. I think they should stick perp and just add more slots.

Reaction score
Johnny183 said:
Wait a second. The name of the community is "Perpheads" right? So Perpheads hl2rp server sounds not right. I think they should stick perp and just add more slots.
We could put the server name as [PH] HL2RP and [PH] PERP.

Trande

The Bowpro said:
Good idea.

Bowpro, you don't decide what's illegal and what's not. The textured are owned by Valve, so downloading them is an illegal act, atleast in Germany. You have to buy it, or you ask Valve for the permission to use or download the textures. Good luck with that.

Bow

Reaction score
The Bowpro said:
Good idea.

Yes yes, that's why I deleted the post mate.

Reaction score
I will be honest and say that I have never player HL2 RP for more than 20 minutes. First and pretty much only time I joined a HL2 RP server, I was standing in a big square together with 80% of the server who were all citizens, just standing there pretty much doing nothing. I then walked up to a combie player, and instantly got a stunstick to the face and thrown into jail for 20 minutes, until they let me out because I was new to the server. So my HL2 RP experience is not great ;)

Also I would like the owners to focus 100% on the current server, since I fear as Nate Sparks said, we will split up the population and perhaps kill the server in the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.