qq

Reaction score
i was looking to buy a new motherboard and a cpu bc the ones i got are kinda old (i7) but idk which ones to get...
and does it worth getting a water cooler or w/e its called?
no price limits btw

Reaction score
Water cooling has no benefits over aircooling, other than aesthetics. Some people argue that the water is a better conductor for the heat and can move more heat away for the CPU but I believe the difference is minute.

For the motherboard and CPU, well, wouldn’t you just want the most up to date build? You would most likely be looking at an i7-8700K. The motherboard is generally up to you depending on what you want from it: more SATA ports, RAM Sockets, SLI/Crossfire support. If you need to find a motherboard, use this site and change sort options under the motherboard section.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Water cooling has no benefits over aircooling, other than aesthetics. Some people argue that the water is a better conductor for the heat and can move more heat away for the CPU but I believe the difference is minute.

For the motherboard and CPU, well, wouldn’t you just want the most up to date build? You would most likely be looking at an i7-8700K. The motherboard is generally up to you depending on what you want from it: more SATA ports, RAM Sockets, SLI/Crossfire support. If you need to find a motherboard, use this this site and change sort options under the motherboard section.
thank u ^-^

Reaction score
Do keep in mind that you'll need to upgrade your RAM to DDR4 if you're upgrading from something older than a 6 series intel core cpu.

Reaction score
From my point of view Liquid cooling does not really make a difference at all. Try getting the I7 Qyndryx recommended. Can not think of any better than this.