Police Suggestion Re-add mini sights to the patrol armoury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Allow all officers to once again equip optics such as mini-sights and RDS on their pistols (possibly a patrol-only addition)
nb1.jpg

What benefits would this idea have for the department: It's 2044, and cops are still fumbling with old iron sight-based weapons from the 70s and 80s. Giving cops actual red dot sights would help balance situations when there are no big sergeants with shotties available, as well as giving officers more confidence with engaging medium-long range targets when no other means are available. As most enemy targets you are going to be engaging will be equipped with assault rifles and their own optics, giving cops - especially significant when TFU or supervisors are not available - would help shift the balance against assailants from very unbalanced to unbalanced.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: complaints that cops are overpowered because they're harder to be wiped out by one AK-wielding maniac at range

Other additions: Jimmy Jackson's Patrol armoury rework

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's just stupid.

Well everyone complains that TFU are OP, why not just have them respond to situations where they're actually needed (i.e: if the defenders have high power rifles or shotguns) Regular officers can deal with pistols easily.

Reaction score
Do you want me to screenshot it next time I see someone say it?

I see people complain that TFU are OP, and I agree in that aspect. They get an AWP.

So why not just make it so TFU can deal with situations only when they're actually needed.

Reaction score
Well everyone complains that TFU are OP, why not just have them respond to situations where they're actually needed (i.e: if the defenders have high power rifles or shotguns) Regular officers can deal with pistols easily.
Thats not always true. Its basically TFUs job to take down shooters, so why limit them to people who only have ARs and Shotguns? If you were wise enough you wouldn't start attacking police knowing you only have a pistol.

Reaction score
are you implying that every shootout ends with plpd loss and 5 people coming out with an as50. like please you got as50ed once or twice a week like chill

65%+ percent of raids and shootouts these days ends up with a plpd win, they don't need anymore buffs
we desperately need these red dot sights
today we have won less than 10% of shootouts with crims purely because they can pick you off EASILY if you're more than very short range away

i don't know what server you're playing but without TFOs PLPD is always stuck in this purgatory where big bad criminals keep farming kills and wiping the entirety of the PD because "i'm wanted". plpd patrol is underpowered to a fair extent in this case

Reaction score
we desperately need these red dot sights
today we have won less than 10% of shootouts with crims purely because they can pick you off EASILY if you're more than very short range away

i don't know what server you're playing but without TFOs PLPD is always stuck in this purgatory where big bad criminals keep farming kills and wiping the entirety of the PD because "i'm wanted". plpd patrol is underpowered to a fair extent in this case

“i don't know what server you're playing but without TFOs PLPD is always stuck in this purgatory where big bad criminals keep farming kills and wiping the entirety of the PD because "i'm wanted" “

Adding pistol sights will fix this? Because it didn’t last time we had pistol sights at all in the PD.

Reaction score
I fully support adding this back. Please give me my Eotech compact back for rifles while you’re at it. Oh and let us remove attachments based on the circumstances xo

I mean, it’s not like it will make police overpowered or anything. The only reason they were removed is because Jordan didn’t want it to feel like PLPD Blackops II electric boogaloo. Yet chiefs running around with 50.cal pistols was fine.

Reaction score
I wasn’t allowed a suppressed 45CT as Major but can get a suppressed Deagle now wtf :(
Tbf it actually makes sense that a swat unit would have suppressors on the weapons. The suppressors are only used to really prevent any ear damage and to allow team shooting in confined spaces and to sometimes disperse, from very long distance, where the shots are coming from: all of which tactics that TFU use on the regular.

Reaction score
Soo, like SWAT? They arrive late when every pistol cop has, inevitably died? Shit we've come full circle!

issue is you never know the amount of force you expect back, know how many enemy's are and what weapons are involved at what location, until this is too late. Therefor a TFU response is always warranted even if after the fact they *might* not have been needed.

A pistol cop has a pistol for emergency situations, they don't use them for going TOWARDS an area with guns, it's for self defense and taking down an active shooter when lifes are actively at risk. Even if you think only 1 suspect ran into his house: perimeter and tfu time

Reaction score
+Support, I want to see actual mini red dots that stick on guns rather than having that wonky rail attachments to be able to mount red dots. Give mini sights to TFU as well for their rifles since they are a red dot and small border so doesn't block your view a lot.1608637124233.png

Last edited:
Reaction score
-Support, I don't see cops in real life running around with those wonky looking attachments to add sights to their pistols... Maybe if it's a mini red dot which stick on the gun itself like this. Honestly I'd rather see more handguns than a sight. unless it's like the pictureView attachment 10048
this is literally what is being suggested here, mini sights

also take note that you are not living in 2044 america, where technology has been advanced 20 years and criminals are rampant and armed to the teeth with automatic weapons

Reaction score
this is literally what is being suggested here, mini sights

also take note that you are not living in 2044 america, where technology has been advanced 20 years and criminals are rampant and armed to the teeth with automatic weapons
Must have read it wrong I'll change my review

Reaction score
“i don't know what server you're playing but without TFOs PLPD is always stuck in this purgatory where big bad criminals keep farming kills and wiping the entirety of the PD because "i'm wanted" “

Adding pistol sights will fix this? Because it didn’t last time we had pistol sights at all in the PD.

Actually yes it did, and it will again. For many cops including me I cannot aim with iron sights for shit. It does not matter how much I practice, I can never get a zero on my iron sights at any time. I'll be aiming at a suspect for a solid 3-5 seconds to make sure my iron sights are on the suspect. Pop, and the shot flies way over head because the sights are horribly lined up. And after missing that shot, he'll turn around and pop me in the head with one round in less than a second. It's always how it's been for me.
When we got the attachments I could suddenly aim down sights and pop a suspect well over my usual engagement distance like a pocket sniper, so long as I took my time and lined up the shot. Most rounds didn't deviate off course like iron sight rounds did. In one of my montages I peeked a corner and tapped two suspects harassing a cop with their guns from over 100 meters away. And no, most of my engagements didn't end with me hitting my suspects in the head all the time, but the attachment certainly helped with my accuracy.

-Support, I don't see cops in real life running around with those wonky looking attachments to add sights to their pistols... Maybe if it's a mini red dot which stick on the gun itself like this. Honestly I'd rather see more handguns than a sight. unless it's like the pictureView attachment 10048
While sights aren't issued standard anywhere in the world that I know of, there are cops who go out of their way to get one for their service pistol. I'd say either we can buy a sight for crafting price + tax through the armory when we select it, or we get them standard issue as an optional attachment. Either will work.

Reaction score
Actually yes it did, and it will again. For many cops including me I cannot aim with iron sights for shit. It does not matter how much I practice, I can never get a zero on my iron sights at any time. I'll be aiming at a suspect for a solid 3-5 seconds to make sure my iron sights are on the suspect. Pop, and the shot flies way over head because the sights are horribly lined up. And after missing that shot, he'll turn around and pop me in the head with one round in less than a second. It's always how it's been for me.
When we got the attachments I could suddenly aim down sights and pop a suspect well over my usual engagement distance like a pocket sniper, so long as I took my time and lined up the shot. Most rounds didn't deviate off course like iron sight rounds did. In one of my montages I peeked a corner and tapped two suspects harassing a cop with their guns from over 100 meters away. And no, most of my engagements didn't end with me hitting my suspects in the head all the time, but the attachment certainly helped with my accuracy.

While sights aren't issued standard anywhere in the world that I know of, there are cops who go out of their way to get one for their service pistol. I'd say either we can buy a sight for crafting price + tax through the armory when we select it, or we get them standard issue as an optional attachment. Either will work.

Yes but you are forgetting that civs have access to EXPLOSIVES and fully automatic Aks with scopes and literally very powerful compared to a little beretta. Now a beretta or a P226 with a little red dot could give them a better chance. Especially at a little range which is very common, for example shooting from that CH bazaar area to slums where shooters push out from slums and they are at a little range.

Reaction score
Yes but you are forgetting that civs have access to EXPLOSIVES and fully automatic Aks with scopes and literally very powerful compared to a little beretta. Now a beretta or a P226 with a little red dot could give them a better chance. Especially at a little range which is very common, for example shooting from that CH bazaar area to slums where shooters push out from slums and they are at a little range.
I didn't forget that. As a matter of fact a beretta with a red dot is almost always better than an AK or AS50 if you know how to use it. The strategy with red dots is never to take on a suspect from the front, but to catch them off guard from a completely different angle from where they're looking. Most people who end up in a shootout with cops almost always take cops on in a frontal brawl because they know they'll win 90% of engagements. Cops with red dots should almost always be flanking, catching suspects where they're not looking. And if you're discovered, get out of there. Even if you haven't killed the suspect, you've distracted him. That's enough for another cop to peek out of a different angle and tap him from there. Can't say that strategy will work in tight spaces like slums, projex, regals or subs but it'll marginally increase the chances of survival for cops if they're able to zero in on their suspects faster, even if it's only slightly faster.

Reaction score
are you implying that every shootout ends with plpd loss and 5 people coming out with an as50. like please you got as50ed once or twice a week like chill

65%+ percent of raids and shootouts these days ends up with a plpd win, they don't need anymore buffs
your English has gotten significantly better, well done

Reaction score
I didn't forget that. As a matter of fact a beretta with a red dot is almost always better than an AK or AS50 if you know how to use it. The strategy with red dots is never to take on a suspect from the front, but to catch them off guard from a completely different angle from where they're looking. Most people who end up in a shootout with cops almost always take cops on in a frontal brawl because they know they'll win 90% of engagements. Cops with red dots should almost always be flanking, catching suspects where they're not looking. And if you're discovered, get out of there. Even if you haven't killed the suspect, you've distracted him. That's enough for another cop to peek out of a different angle and tap him from there. Can't say that strategy will work in tight spaces like slums, projex, regals or subs but it'll marginally increase the chances of survival for cops if they're able to zero in on their suspects faster, even if it's only slightly faster.
But most of the times the shootouts happen in closed spaces such as slums, projex, regals, and subs houses. Sometimes out in the open in bazaar so a red dot would definitely help for a bit of better accuracy especially in those situations.

Reaction score
pistol cops need better firearm's tbh i died 3 times in 40 ish mins when there was a spree of murder's about

Status
Not open for further replies.