Police Suggestion Re-add mini sights to the patrol armoury

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Allow all officers to once again equip optics such as mini-sights and RDS on their pistols (possibly a patrol-only addition)
nb1.jpg

What benefits would this idea have for the department: It's 2044, and cops are still fumbling with old iron sight-based weapons from the 70s and 80s. Giving cops actual red dot sights would help balance situations when there are no big sergeants with shotties available, as well as giving officers more confidence with engaging medium-long range targets when no other means are available. As most enemy targets you are going to be engaging will be equipped with assault rifles and their own optics, giving cops - especially significant when TFU or supervisors are not available - would help shift the balance against assailants from very unbalanced to unbalanced.

What potential negatives could this have for the department: complaints that cops are overpowered because they're harder to be wiped out by one AK-wielding maniac at range

Other additions: Jimmy Jackson's Patrol armoury rework

Last edited:
Reaction score
It wasn't really necessary to begin with and it negates the need to get used to the iron sights on certain pistols. Cops already have a significant advantage over civilians and aren't utilising their given equipment to do so.

Reaction score
It wasn't really necessary to begin with and it negates the need to get used to the iron sights on certain pistols. Cops already have a significant advantage over civilians and aren't utilising their given equipment to do so.
please tell me your joking civilians have grenades ak's the lot

Reaction score

This is how every situation with multiple pistol cops go.

Pistol cops cordon off an area while TFU go inside
TFU inevitably die
Pistol cops begin to set up a defense outside of an area
Getting ready to figh--blackscreened instantly because of AS50.

Reaction score

TFU inevitably die
And adding a dot sight would change that?

Reaction score
And adding a dot sight would change that?
To be honest the ironsights remove about half of your vision, and red dots are much easier to work with since instead of having to guess where your bullet is going to hit (because of the iron sights that are 16pixels squared each, we have a dot that is much easier to line up. Thing is, we just want some way to atleast have a chance of turning the tide against the 5 or 6 guys that rush out of a building after TFU is dead.

Reaction score
I've been here for 6 years and I've never been able to get used to the iron sights. They're a game of roulette for me. Either I hit my target, or I miss and get one tapped by some other dude who did a 180 to look at me, tapped his right click, pressed left click, removing me from existence...
And while red dots on pistols might not be standard issue equipment pretty much anywhere on the planet in real life, there are cops who go out of their way to buy a red dot for their service pistols.

LegendRF

Communication Banned
Reaction score

TFU inevitably die
are you implying that every shootout ends with plpd loss and 5 people coming out with an as50. like please you got as50ed once or twice a week like chill

65%+ percent of raids and shootouts these days ends up with a plpd win, they don't need anymore buffs

Reaction score
are you implying that every shootout ends with plpd loss and 5 people coming out with an as50. like please you got as50ed once or twice a week like chill

65%+ percent of raids and shootouts these days ends up with a plpd win, they don't need anymore buffs

Have you joined the server lately?

LegendRF

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Have you joined the server lately?
yes, killed most of the tfu team then pushed out of slums to an awm sniper camping the entrance with 6 berretta officers

btw talking about joining the server recently when you only comeback like 2 days ago sooo :|

Last edited:
Reaction score
yes, killed most of the tfu team then pushed out of slums to an awm sniper camping the entrance with 6 berretta officers

btw talking about joining the server recently when you only comeback like 2 days ago sooo :|

Well I mean, I can speak from experience since I've played on here since 2013 in patches. Plus, an AWM is only as good as the user, and half the time I see TFU get dropped by reggies with AK47s and Deagles

LegendRF

Communication Banned
Reaction score
Well I mean, I can speak from experience since I've played on here since 2013 in patches. Plus, an AWM is only as good as the user, and half the time I see TFU get dropped by reggies with AK47s and Deagles
AWM 1 shots civilians doesn't matter if you are good or not. tfu gets dropped by Reggis then the sad Reggie gets zerged by 4 tfu's bc he not in a big org that can help him.

keep in mind that when you buff the PD it helps you against big orgs but people who raid with less than 4 dudes get fucked bc they cant cover an entrance that is about to get zerged by 8-12 cops-tfu's and raid the apartment

Reaction score
AWM 1 shots civilians doesn't matter if you are good or not. tfu gets dropped by Reggis then the sad Reggie gets zerged by 4 tfu's bc he not in a big org that can help him.

keep in mind that when you buff the PD it helps you against big orgs but people who raid with less than 4 dudes get fucked bc they cant cover an entrance that is about to get zerged by 8-12 cops-tfu's and raid the apartment

Honestly, this is why I think TFU should only respond to situations where they're needed. (i.e: If the defenders have primary weapons, and not pistols)

Reaction score
i dont see that need it at least for this time its really hard to win raid/flank most of them i die by sniper and plpd win it i dont see that need it

Reaction score
As most enemy targets you are going to be engaging will be equipped with assault rifles and their own optics, giving patrol cops - especially significant when TFU or supervisors are not available
Personally i dont use sight - even if the civ use sight they dont win most of the raids + they pay for it

Reaction score
+support there was no reason to remove this in the first place and this gives us a bit more variety, also reduces unrealistic spray and pray from cops who can't aim with shit iron sights

Reaction score
I guess they could add it as a purchasable item for cops where they pay crafting price for a pistol reflex sight in order to use one for as long as they have their pistol spawned. This might sound like a massive issue for cops having to “pay” for attachments, but the crafting price is $750 for a pistol reflex sight anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.