Regarding 1.2 (Discrimination)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Why shouldn't I? It's always been allowed in character and I've never come across someone so sensitive it offends them. I think people need to understand this is the game and it is the internet and this is the world we live in, this is by far not a family friendly server and in no way am I saying people should just get on with it, im saying that its not always personal and its a game and shouldnt be taken seriously. We have always enforced against people being racially targetted and I dont see a need to disallow it at all as I have never come across someone who has been offended on a personal level by something I've said in game.

I see you've mentioned Zayne. When dealing with situations like Zayne's we would speak to the players involved and give them a chance to stop as clearly Zayne has gotten upset/offended by the abuse he is getting and the "in character" chat is clearly being used in an OOC context, if this abuse was to then continue harsh punishments for 1.2 would be put into place. I think its very extreme to ban the use of any offensive language in character due to the possibility of it offending someone once in a blue moon like Zayne (who was clearly abused in game unacceptably and intentionally) however Zayne's case can still be dealt with without banning any use of offensive slurs at all.

Reaction score
@Dom_ @Jackelele @Moving Doors @Zayne @Efan These are the admins lad. No wonder the rule never got changed. Even staff members want to be able to channel their racism in game.

The whole point is that is should of never been allowed. Whoever gave the go ahead on that was a fool. This is a positive change and will hopefully allow for more ethnic players to be able to play the server comfortably without having to worry about hearing these disgusting remarks in passing on Paralake. It may be a virtual world, but the words don't ahve different meaning because of that.

Wake up lad. You're are literally staff here.

Reaction score
No but if for whatever reason a community member keeps getting bullied or targeted because they're much older/younger than the average player then it would be enforced as 1.2.

Reaction score
I see that people who get bullied with OOC racial slurs all the time dont want to play perp anymore, and i think that the staff team should punish the players who do that harshly, because this is just cyber bullying.

However there is a clear line between OOC and IC and thats the point you are missing here. if you really dislike the fact that people call you n word ingame all the time...... then make your character white? It doesn't matter because its a roleplay game and you can be whatever you want to be. Thats what makes perp perp.

And im gonna be completely honest with you, if you can't handle the fact that someone is being racist to an online character that you made, please go off the internet because this is not a place for you

Reaction score
@Dom_ But it's not once in a blue moon though, it is? Zayne said he knows MULTIPLE black members that tried your server and didn't join back because of the "rAciSt RoLePlaY" , Zayne literally couldn't use his own birth given name on the server because he was was being discriminated against.

Wack reply from a fucking server admin lol, rather preserve roleplaying as a racist than help a member of your own community who was being bullied for being from a different part of the world.

Reaction score
@GrandadPyjamas yes I am staff here and I have been for 4 years and have never seen anyone have an issue with it until now. It's how it has always been and we have always stopped people doing it to players who find it offensive. It's not a case of channeling racism at all its a case of roleplaying and being able to insult other players, I don't sit and scream at people with all the racial slurs I can think of but yes I drop the N bomb in game and I've never had anyone have an issue with it. I'm more fussed about the fact that when I argue with someone in game I need to think about what terms I use (not necessarily racist terms) but any terms in general which could insult someone in a certain group, some examples have been given elsewhere by @McGlinchy.

Reaction score
Does this mean them little annoying zoomers want be able to do that dumb wanna be blackman speak anymore as its appropriation and therefor discrimination?
If I get caught saying the N-Word will I have to send a picture to prove I am black or if I say Oy vey will I have to prove I go to Synagogue or risk a ban?

Deleted member 5577

I think it would be inappropriate in general for someone to use any type of slur no matter their affiliation to it or you are just going to end up with people getting warned and crying about it because they were trying to push the limits not because they actually want to be able to use those words.

Reaction score
I was doubting about posting this first. But you're using the word ethnic players a lot, to me it seems like the people who you refer to as "white kids/dudes" can't be discrimated. Which makes you a discriminating person. I don't want to attack you in any way shape or form with this. I've just seen you posting a similar response all over the thread.

Like Dom_ already mentioned here, discriminating roleplay should be allowed, why not? It's the internet, you're playing on an online server. We as staff members already punish the people who target others IC, when its clear OOC aspects are involved, just like Zayne. However the only way for us to be able to do this, is if someone tells us he is. This was done yesterday I believe. So now we as a staffteam we can talk to the parties involved and tell them about it and tell them to stop and if they just continue targetting him they'll get punished for it. It has been like this for a very long time. This kind of punishments work! In my opinion there's no need to ban every little discriminating word from the IC context.

Reaction score
What defines the boundry of discrimination tho? If I call someone a retard is it unnaceptable? We all have different limits and thoughts about this and Any kind of discrimination doesn't really narrow it down. Maybe it's good if there was a clear limit what is allowed and what is not.

Deleted member 5577

Status
Not open for further replies.