Regarding 1.2 (Discrimination)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
We will not be tolerating racism in any way within our community, this includes the discord, teamspeak, website(s), server, and any content related to or produced on Perpheads. This obviously will include all forms of communication in-character, such as phone calls, texts, organization messages, etc. (we won't be searching for this type of info unless it is public or brought to our attention.)

While we understand that you and your friends may feel comfortable using these slurs with each other, at the end of the day you have no control over who may or may not see those messages and who may be uncomfortable with them. For this reason, all forms of racism will be disallowed across the entire server. Furthermore, we don't want perpheads to have any positive association with racism.

Last edited:
Reaction score
That's silly in my opinion I know this isn't up for discussion but seriously, why am I not allowed to joke around with my friends in org chat if I know that everyone in there is fine with me saying stuff to them? Or in text messages? I know for a fact that @Hazza wouldn't give a single shit and would only laugh if I called him stuff

Reaction score
@nutrient11 @John Daymon Again, if someone is actually discriminating against you, targeting you, etc. in a way that makes you uncomfortable, this will not be allowed. There is a clear difference between an insult and discrimination; despite both having malicious intent. Furthermore, we are aiming to cut down on discrimination that is said or used in-character as an excuse but is actually out of character.

Last edited:

Deleted member 5577

@blackdown I'm not trying to find a way to be racist with this new rule I'm just concerned that the rule is written one way and you're planning on enforcing it another way. Personally I'm happy with the way its written as long as it is enforced the right way you just seem to think it only covers racism which would allow people to be Homophobic, Antisemitic, Islamaphobic and so on

Reaction score
@Zayne My question is why is this whole thing only being addressed now, not just your situation but everyones, this has been happening for years and people have been told to get on with it, I don't agree with this post getting so much love as this has been going on for YEARS and no one cared, it's sad really

Reaction score
No one in this community should feel uncomfortable as a result of their identity, racially or otherwise.
"No one in this community should feel uncomfortable as a result of their identity, racially or otherwise. " Then why was this going on for years and staff did fuck all? it's not like they didn't know about it... You cannot now come out and say this as it is bullshit, people went feeling like this for YEARS. It is almost giving off the impression that the staff team is trying to actually get closure from the community

Last edited:
Reaction score
My question is that if this rule is exempt from songs that are played on the TV for example? Obviously not the straight up racist songs but let’s say a rap may include such terms in a non derogatory context so does that matter in that regard?

Reaction score
I think to answer Clarky's question a song is a song... unless you intentionally play something offensive

My opinion on this is like some people stated racism and other terms are sometimes said just because they can but it does not make it right and I feel like regardless of race, gender, or anything else you should not be treated any different than anyone else. We all come here to play and have fun and many people have complained to me (even tho I'm not staff, but just their friend/helper) about how toxic the community is and I must admit at times I do agree.

I feel like most people need to remember that you aren't playing by yourself and that your actions even if it is small it can affect other people and that's where I think we need to be nicer to one another because it may be all fine and fun to you but to someone else on the other side it can affect them and make them not want to play anymore and I have seen this happen multiple times and actually was a victim of that which is why I quit around 7 months ago, well mainly my laptop broke a month after I quit but still the reason I quit was that I couldn't play comfortably without being judged and to be honest with anyone who is reading this, that shit affected me mentally and it's sad and I really wish there was more to perpheads and I am happy that the staff is trying to lower the toxicity and make the game enjoyable because, at the end of the day, IT IS A GAME. IT IS MEANT TO BE ENJOYED not negatively affect anyone.

Last edited:
Reaction score
It did take some time to happen, glad it did.

Reaction score
I feel like you need to provide a bit more context with the situation you are describing.

Not only were you saying my actions were "Retarded" you were actually calling me retarded, and so I asked you to stop. At no point was I willing to warn you, as I prefer to ask users to stop, then, if they continue, they will receive a punishment. I simply asked you to stop being ableist, and that was the end of it. I don't mind if you're chatting with your friends and having banter, but if you're coming up to me or anyone else who doesn't like it , and being like that, I will ask you to stop or issue a warning.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I believe that is a really good change and this will lead to the server becoming more friendly to people from a variety of ethnicity and streamers because they'll be able to go around not worrying about people yelling n-word like its nothing, meaning that the player count is likely to increase. Good job once again.

Reaction score
Reaction score
I will be also be basing it off of that list until told otherwise.

Reaction score
Hi,

Thank you to @GrandadPyjamas for bringing this issue to my attention. @Bolli and I have decided some changes need to be made.

Race in recent years has obviously become a contentious topic, more so than ever. Obviously, prior to this we have allowed it under the guise of "roleplay". But when it comes to the point at which we have members of racial minorities being scared to use their real names out of fear of being racially abused "in-character" then we have an issue. No one in this community should feel uncomfortable as a result of their identity, racially or otherwise. In line with this rhetoric, we have updated the rule 1.2 to cover in-character acts of discrimination.

1.2 Discrimination
Any demonstrations of any forms of discrimination will not be accepted, in and out of character.

This is not up for discussion, however, I will leave the thread open as discourse regarding this subject is necessary for people to understand the issues we face. It is entirely possible to have civil conversations regarding this topic however if you cannot manage this you will be removed from the thread.

Thank you,

Senior Administration and Community Team.
This can only be a good thing. Thank you to the staff for acting although I agree with several people that it shouldn't of took this long to spot this rule and change it. Hopefully, players of ethnic back grounds will now feel more comfortable playing in the server and I will be able to introduce some more of my guys from home a bit further down the line but as things stand on the server, I would not feel comfortable bringing on a black friend for example, especially after what happened yesterday in the space of two hours.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction score
Completely agree. The community should welcome everyone. The reason race was the main point of argument was down to the fact that it was only racial abuse that was witnessed yesterday.

Reaction score
It was aggravating to see a user doing such actions in close proximity to a streamer, full well knowing you were streaming. I hope to see you back at some point, and if It continues, let us know and it will be dealt with.

Status
Not open for further replies.