Reminder for potential TFU applicants.

Reaction score
Hello,

Please remember that by applying for TFU, you are agreeing that you can attend the practical sessions and assessments listed. The date of the stage 2 and 3 will be shown on the “careers” page above the button you click to apply. If you are unable to attend any sessions, notify TFU command as soon as possible.

It is unlikely that you will be given a second chance if you fail to attend a stage 2 or 3 without specifying why, especially after the initial session has ended.

If anything sudden comes up resulting in you being unable to attend, notify TFU command as soon as you can and they might be able to make amends to make sure you are able to get your opportunity to partake in your assessment and training.

Please consider that us as TFTOs are taking up some of our personal time to give you an opportunity to become TFU, so blatant failure to attend without fair reasoning (e.g: “I fOrGoT” ) and expecting us to organise another session(s) for you is very wishful thinking.

Reaction score
I agree with this. It isn't fair on the trainers when you don't come and waste our time.

Reaction score
Very useful. However I will say I think having the stage 2 is basically useless. Just remove it. Keep the stage 3 and tell people that they can c2 explosives, and a brief overview on flashes. Would give a higher attendance rating imo

Reaction score
  • Staff
You know how long stage 3's take with more than 2 applicants, right? You really want to throw that into stage 3's as well?

I'll say this again as I've explained this many times:

Stage 2 was altered to become what it was today as a direct result of applicant feedback. Applicants felt as though the older stage 2, being an assessment, was harder than stage 3. Another complaint was TFU applicants were not trained at all. As a result, TFU Command decided it would be of best interest that stage 2 is a training session whilst stage 3 is an assessment.

Removing stage 2 will just bring back the whole "I wasn't trained, how can I pass stage 3????" Fiasco, which was one of the biggest complaints voiced towards TFTO's before this change.

This application cycle is the first time we've heard any complaints about how stage 2's are conducted from applicants, and we've only received 3 complaints about stage 2's in total since this change was implemented.

Please make a suggestion in the PLPD "Idea's and suggestions" Forum to remove stage 2's and see what the community thinks.

Reaction score
That's it, I'm delaying that stage till July. I'm joking BTW, me and peach will get round to doing them soon, hopefully.

Reaction score
There is really no need to remove stage 2's. Last weeks took around 2+ hours.