Police Suggestion Remove age-old infractions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Brief description of idea: Remove infractions, or give an option for officers to come to PSD/PS to talk about and see about removing infractions from 2016/2017. I know after time, reprimands get expired/removed, but what if the same applied to written warnings/demotions?

What benefits would this idea have for the department: It would give officers ease of mind to allow them to focus on progressing in PLPD. I've seen people not get positions because of a written warning from 2017, and that shouldn't be the case! Officers are being judged due to mistakes made as a child, and knit-picked for old infractions. Officers, after 2+ years, should surely be forgiven for there simple mistakes (in most circumstances).

I know 1 Written Warning can be appealed every three months, but I mean, if you have WWs from 2017, why would someone have to wait 9 whole months just to clear some simple issues?

So what if Written Warnings expired and were expunged after one year?
Demotions removed after 2 years?

What potential negatives could this have for the department: I don't know the impact this would have on Dishonorably Discharged civilians wanting to return back, and they would have to be done on a case-by-case basis.

Other additions:

Last edited:
Reaction score
I've seen people not get positions because of a written warning from 2017
I don't know where you've seen this but normally after 6 months any infractions like that are pretty irrelevant
I know 1 Written Warning can be appealed every three months
If you want rid of it then just appeal. If its one from 2017 I don't think PSD will care enough about it

I do understand where you are coming from and I don't think it would cause any issues for written warnings, I don't think demotions should be removed though

Reaction score
Denied
Most of these old infractions have no real effect
A written warning can easily be appealed if you want rid of them

Status
Not open for further replies.