Remove Mic Requirement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Description of the idea: Removing mic requirement to apply for the helper rank as it's literally useless as a mic is not even needed to help people and I am a great example of that so why not remove it that way anyone can apply

Why should this be added? (pros):
Allows people to apply for helper if they don't use a mic as using a mic is not even needed to apply or help people in the community, and most of the helper job is done typing whether it's it's on forums, ooc, or help showing people around in-game and teaching them can be done typing as I do it all the time and they never mind it

What negatives could this have? (cons): NONE as players read the rules and read the laws and are able to read forums and use OOC then I am a100% sure they don't mind reading a chat which is used to RP as well... Otherwise, how would adverts be successful? It is better to hear someone speak, sure, but a mic is not NEEDED to do the job.

Last edited:
Reaction score
We don't even let cops go on duty without a mic unless they have an exception. Why should we let staff speak to users who are there to help without a mic? even with TTS I see this as completely ridiculous.

Reaction score
So you conyo said im a good cop, and the staff let me be a dispatcher as well... BUT to help people which I literally do I need a mic? Trust me the people I have helped all can vouch that a mic is not needed to help I can prove that as I already showed staff proof even FREDY was fine with me applying its just certain high ranked staff who aren't with that idea

Reaction score
Helper isn't just made to answer questions in chat and things like that although this is obviously one of their responsibilities. But it is a rank that helps players in general so therefore Helpers are expected to show new players how to start out on the server which means it is better to have a mic in order to properly communicate with them and teach them things.

Reaction score
I think for helper, yea sure whatever since it's not that important to have a microphone since most things you communicate over text anyway, and even if you're helping a new player I don't think it's that bad to not have a microphone, though it definitely helps. Enforcer though should definitely still require a microphone.

Reaction score
I didn't say It's bad my friend, It's not really easy lol and who let you be dispatcher without mic? xD

Reaction score
I was there when you discussed this with Collier and his reasoning for not making an exception was pretty fair, being a helper having a mic makes it much better to communicate with other users and discuss/explain things to them.

I know your counter argument to that point as I heard it earlier, yes you are a good example of someone who can help new players without a mic but it just makes for more general convenience.

I won’t support this suggestion, however I can vouch for you as helper and if you can prove your TTS / typing is fast enough then I could support an exception being made for you, however that decision is made a lot higher up the chain.

A1L

Reaction score
Yes for sure it's better, more efficient in every way, it's much more easier to explain stuff to people than typing. I think you need to chill a bit out, it seems you're getting a bit heated over this, yes you have a good point that you can do the exact same job without a microphone, however requirements are requirements, everyone would probably agree that a microphone should stay. Apparently reasons has already been given to you and even someone had said it seemed fair what collier had said. I understand your situation, but you don't need to be a Helper to help people, just be a normal user, it just seems like you want the rank really bad, no need to help people for Helper Rank, just my own opinion.

Reaction score
I would like to ask the staff to stop deleting my messages to make it look like a one-sided argument as that is bullshit let it go naturally and see what the community thinks

Now I will rewrite what i said

IS IT BETTER TO USE A MIC? Yes probably is but is it NEEDED TO USE A MIC? NOPE and as proof of that go ask any of the new people I helped, this rank was made to help people old or new, I have done that to OLD and NEW players and I have proof of that and staff saw it, until someone can come up with a reason to why a mic IS NEEDED I think it should be removed

A1L

Reaction score
I wrote something very long but it wasn't displayed since your message was deleted, anyways let me repeat what I said, I am saying it seems like you're very desperate for the Helper Rank, I understand you like to help and all, but you seriously don't need to be a Helper to help people, continue doing what you're doing, however requirements are requirements, they've been set like that, as well as Collier had apparently given you a fair and valid reason why they won't allow it. I understand your situation, but it's not necessary to be a Helper, once again I think you just need to chill out since it seems like you're getting a bit heated when you're suggesting something and people are giving their opinions, once again this is my opinion and I think you need to chill out.

edit: a microphone is much more efficient to explain things properly which people could easily not be able to read your messages, I understand you've got some TTS stuff, but it probably will sound like a robot, and not really good imo. No one can doubt that using your microphone to explain, help people is more better than without one, using chat.

Reaction score
I mean I don't see a particular issue with the helper rank mic requirement being removed as it is more OOC/forum/teamspeak based. I don't like the idea of somebody who cannot speak (sorry correct me if I'm wrong for your reasoning) to be limited I think it sucks and I'd hate to be in a position were I can't even hold a yellow title and yellow physgun on a gmod server. Its not like even 50%+ of helpers currently help out beyond OOC forums etc so I don't see the issue particularly.

Reaction score
Its not about desperate its about them literally giving it to people who don't deserve it and promoted people who don't deserve it yet they won't and CAN'T give me a good reason why I cant apply. Literally. I have helped in the past and I still help as recent as TODAY helped someone make over 200k and yet they will tell me I can't be exempt, well why cant I remove the mic requirement they deleted the thread ._.

Reaction score
what I hate the most is they gave and promoted people who aren't fully deserving of the rank yet they won't even give me a chance, I never said I am the best helper in the server I never said I am perfect but they keep shutting me down before I can even apply then they say "you're taking it too personal" well shit I'm the only one who can't apply

A1L

Reaction score
@Zharkan16 Like I said once again, why do YOU need to be Helper? You can keep on doing what you're doing simply as a user, like you've said, people can vouch for you, if there is requirements, and you don't meet them, I understand you your reasoning, however I just don't feel like it should change, I mean I honestly don't care if it's changed or not, but that's my opinion.

Reaction score
@A1L thats why I made this requirement to be removed I dont NEED to be helper but I want my fair chance of applying for it and being treated fairly I am sick of how they treated this helper app shit like they literally promoted and hired people who dont do their job properly yet they wont even give me a chance... I use TTS now which is using a mic so I technically do have a mic, I cant reapply without permission from senior admins and they wont let me do it they keep avoiding it

A1L

Reaction score
@Zharkan16 Well I mean, like you've said Fredy is fine with you doing it, but there is one certain senior admin (@Collier), he could probably explain his reasoning here and probably will deny this, however what was his reasoning for not allowing you? There must be a valid reason for not allowing you specifically to apply.

A1L

Reaction score
@Zharkan16 I don't know then man, I'm sorry to say but I mean it's not like I agree or disagree this suggestion, I mean yeah it's possible to do your job without a microphone, I can say it's much more better than having to read someone type in chat, however I mean it is up to Senior Administration, but if that's their reasoning, I honestly don't know lol. All I'm going to say is good luck with this suggestion, I have nothing wrong with no one using their microphones, but the community will probably find a way to complain about it one way or another, so have fun dealing with that.

Reaction score
@A1L Having a staff team is useless if they don't have players, so I mean the decision should be based on the PEOPLE who get the help not some people who have ranks, thats my opinion... The mic is not needed to help, IT MIGHT BE BETTER to have a mic but you dont need a mic to help someone so I dont see why you need a mic to apply for a rank which is made for helping others

Status
Not open for further replies.