Map Suggestion Remove Red Cross from Hospital sign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Remove Red Cross from Hospital sign
Suggestion Description: Currently the hospital sign sports two Red Cross emblems, which in semi-recent controversy in other video games has turned out to be not appreciated by the International Red Cross. (See: https://earlygame.com/gaming/red-cross-is-forbidden-in-video-games)

These emblems could be replaced with e.g. the Star of Life or a variant thereof such as already present on the ambulance skin.

Why should this be added?:
- You won't be sent to the Hague

What negatives could this have?:
- None that I can think off

Useful Images:
1024px-Star_of_life2.svg.png

Reaction score
The red cross is using the geneva convention as a super copyright because the symbol is too generic for any court to grant them an actual copyright without laughing in their face and so part of me wants to keep it to give them the middle finger but they are evil more evil than nintendo when it comes to threats for games/etc with it.

That being said I think we should just do the blue star icon as an alternative though.

Reaction score
The existence of logo’d and named glocks are more likely to cause issues than the use of a Red Cross.

The rule prohibits using the Red Cross on a combatant or harmable entity. I don’t think medics have the Red Cross on them and the hospital roof isn’t a harmable entity.

Glock, on the other hand, have a legal team defending their trademark to the grave, going as far as DMCAing fucking roblox games.

Reaction score
The existence of logo’d and named glocks are more likely to cause issues than the use of a Red Cross.

The rule prohibits using the Red Cross on a combatant or harmable entity. I don’t think medics have the Red Cross on them and the hospital roof isn’t a harmable entity.

Glock, on the other hand, have a legal team defending their trademark to the grave, going as far as DMCAing fucking roblox games.
They yell at video games and threaten them legally if they're on buildings or healthkits to, they even yelled at gamers for ingame warcrimes recently. Red cross has no morals, i've never heard glock giving a crap thats new to me.

Reaction score
They yell at video games and threaten them legally if they're on buildings or healthkits to, they even yelled at gamers for ingame warcrimes recently. Red cross has no morals, i've never heard glock giving a crap thats new to me.
Even if it's not exactly protected under the Geneva convention in this case or international copyrights, it's still protected in most countries by law, including the ones this server is hosted in and which the owners and most players live in.

This thread is not intended as a political outlet, just as a suggestion to the map.

Status
Not open for further replies.