Removing Demotion / Warrant powers from the Mayor when there is an active LT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Topic: The Mayor

Short explanation (in notes):
- Whilst there is an active Lieutenant on duty, warrant and demotion abilities should be stripped from the Mayor.

Detailed description (why should it become added/...):

Now I'm not 100% sure what the motive behind giving these powers to the Mayor are, but I can't think of a reason why he/she should have these powers since the Lieutenant is responsible for administrating and maintaining the police force. From my past experiences with users getting demoted by the Mayor they are 4/5 times invalid reasons. For example just today I was demoted for: "You have been demoted by the mayor for 'INSOLTING THE MAYOR!"

This video shows that situation:

I am assuming that 'INSOLTING THE MAYOR' means that I broke law 1.2, In my opinion saying "I don't give a fuck who you are" may be relatively rude, but in no way is it derogatory. And it was most certainly called for. Anyway, let's not get side tracked as I hope this video will show you; Mayors being able to directly demote Government Employees independent of the Lieutenant's discretion is ineffective and often misused and abused.

If you have any opinions on the matter please feel free to express them.

cb0de47fb1.jpg

Reaction score
Well.

You have to respect the mayor, so that was a pretty valid reason for a demotion.

Against this.

EDIT : The mayor should only be able to demote the SS members if he finds they aren't doing their jobs properly, for example not defending the mayor.

Reaction score
I +Support this, and then if they mayor needs someone demoted he should be able to do a private message of some sort to the LT only, and then they LT could check it out and then maybe demote the said person.

Reaction score
One thing I would like to see that isn't entirely related to this but as it takes features away from mayor, this is an open challenge to anyone. If you can think of ways to give the mayor more tasks to do, as they are supposed to be one of the most important persons in the city I would like the job to feel more like it. Right now all they do is set taxes and occasional other requests but mostly sit around, I want to see ideas that are practical and useful to keep the mayor as important as he or she should be.

Reaction score
+Support
I know that feel Brah. I got demoted from SWAT by mayor for complaining about pay, and he said I threw a flash at PD when I didn't, I believe the police force should be under the LT's Command, but the mayor has permission to demote the LT if officers, citizens or any other Gov. employee's complain a lot about him, and that the LT should act under demotion orders from the Mayor if necessary.

Reaction score
List of possible demotions by position.
  • Lieutenant
    • Standard police
    • S.W.A.T.
    • Speed enforcement
    • Medics
    • Firefighters
  • Mayor
    • Standard police
    • S.W.A.T.
    • Speed enforcement
    • Medics
    • Firefighters
    • Lieutenant
    • Secret service
Jobs underlined are not possible for mayor to demote if there is a lieutenant on duty.

Hopefully this reduces abuse of power by mayors, and makes them interact with the lieutenant as to sort out problems or complaints they may have received about government officials. Reasons to demote must still be valid regardless of this, although it may be changed so mayor can freely pick who they would like as secret service.

I still hope people can come up with ideas of how to make the mayor job be more involved and important to the city. If you think of anything, please post in the ideas&suggestions area of the forums with as much thought as possible or add to a preexisting thread if one is applicable.

Status
Not open for further replies.