Return rule 1.2 to its previous version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
What rule do you wish to Edit/Add:

Return rule 1.2 to its previous version.

Your version of the rule:

Any form of discrimination is not tolerated out of character in an out-of-character context. Racism and homophobia are not tolerated in-character. Other forms of discrimination, whereas discouraged, are allowed in-character and are subject to the discretion of the players involved.

If a player is uncomfortable with the use of discriminatory language, they may request it to stop in LOOC chat or a report. All players involved must respect this. Failing to do so might result in punishment

Additionally, players may not knowingly use details of another player’s personal life or identity to discriminate against them.

Why do you believe this rule should be Added/Edited:

1.2 is an overprotective rule. Racism OOC is not oke and targeting someone constantly in game with racist slurs should also be punished. But that does not mean you should not be able to roll play as a racist trump supporter for example. For christ sake we allow people to grow drugs and de execute people. If you can’t deal with people who use the word ‘nigger’ in game, then don’t play Perp.

These days people are offended and sometimes rightfully so. But to ban certain words or make certain items taboo is a great way to create inequality. If you truly treat someone equal, you should not over protect him. I have a lot of colored friends, but I am not making fewer offensive jokes towards them just because I am afraid to scare/offend them.

During roleplay people take on the role of certain characters and make them into a parison. It is a way off expressing the problems we currently have in the world in a funny or absurd way. It keeps us sharp. To people that say that it might be tasteless to use the N word, I would say you might have a point. But forbidding from people to use this word against a online character is in my eyes just absurd.

Voltaire once said: “What you say I find ridiculous, but I would give my life if that would mean you keep to right to say it.

Reaction score
The way I see it is intent is more offensive that the word itself, however its pretty hard to moderate that on a case-by-case basis so its just simpler to outright ban it
You can say that people use it in RP but its a shallow and pretty cringe excuse

Its a quick and easy solution to a problem, but if you every have the urge to share anything then I'm here baby gorilla

Reaction score
Basically, this is all I have to say. Jenga summarised it very nicely.

Reaction score
I have seen people play poorer and/or cringer RP whitch is not related to 1.2. And even though it might be easier to enforce the rule this way, I still do believe the extra effort out ways the risk of Perp becoming an overprotective server where taking a piss on today’s society is no longer possible. A way to counter act this is by hiring more staff members. So more time can be spend on individual cases.

Reaction score
Or just ban such terms completely so they don't have to babysit stupid children using stupid words that others find extremely offensive, move on with it I'm sure as hell it's not difficult to not drop an nbomb.

Status
Not open for further replies.