Server Suggestion Role Play Org XP Tree

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Suggestion Title: Role Play Org XP Tree
Suggestion Description: Recently, I have noticed people have been talking about orgs, mainly how organizations are becoming "zergs" which is just 20 people in a small apartment growing drugs with an almost void of what some consider "role play" occurring. Other people, such as Mini, have been speaking about how there is little incentive to do the more legal money-making methods on the server, such as crafting and fishing.
My suggestion is to add a separate org XP tree that focuses on legal money-making methods, each tree can be equipped at City Hall, the first time is free but every switch to the other XP tree will cost an amount.
Orgs that are using the "Legal XP tree" can still do illegal activities such as growing drugs and raiding, they just won't have the benefits of using the "illegal XP tree" such as DD texts/location updates. Some perks from the illegal tree will carry over, such as shared permissions and org colours.
Some benefits (that I can think of from the top of my head) to using the Legal XP tree could be increased fish selling price, decreased material buy price, and decreased crafting time for the whole org. These might sound OP or stupid and at the end of the day it's not up to me, but I would love to hear what org perks you think would work.

Why should this be added?:
- It's less radical that other ideas for implementing legal-focused orgs, such as banning them from growing drugs completely. I feel this suggestion is a very reasonable middle ground.
- Encourages Legal RP, which I personally feel is lacking on the server right now.
- More money for fishers and crafters??

What negatives could this have?:
- Sounds like a lot of work.
- I might diminish the quality of organs which focus on role-playing as a kind of mafia or professional crime organization, which has been done in the past successfully.

Reaction score
While I agree with most of the stuff said here, I honestly think it would just be better to expand on the legal civilian money making opportunities directly. Right now a civilian can either craft and sell (which everyone already does for themselves so this business is not nearly as good as it was years ago) and fishing… Which is just slow and rather boring ( not that it’s bad, it isn’t, but it also isn’t everyone’s cup of tea)

Deleted member 9515

I would like to add a small note to this The Organizagion Tree could be the name for Illegal activities and The Business or Corporation Tree could be the name of the Legal activities

Reaction score
If this is to be implemented, there's not much stopping crim mains from just choosing legal tree and growing anyway and still getting the materials discount.
If it's going to have any intentional effect, drug sell prices need to be reduced by at least 20% to make it have an impact on major growing operations.

you can rationalize this "random 20% debuff" to the DD having no ties to your organization because you "do things by the book", which gives him no way to trust you, etc.

Some legal perk ideas.

- "By The Book"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Organization XP loss is doubled. Breaking doors, harvesting drugs, killing & stealing cars give no experience as it is not relevant to the organization strategy]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - ‎[Becoming an ally with an organization that uses the same skill tree yields 2% extra XP for each allied cash register that is in a 25 meter proximity]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ (effect does not stack if one person places multiple)
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Rivaling an organization that uses the same skill tree yields 1% extra XP for each item sold in a 25 meter proximity to a rival cash register]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Allying a criminal organization yields no benefits to you, but the criminal organization gains an additional 5% sales tax discount up to 10% with
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ Registered unlocked, giving a total benefit of 10% Sales Tax relief to the criminal organization buying from you. You gain no additional XP for this]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Rivaling a criminal organization yields an extra 25% organiation XP for every item sold to a rival. Rival criminal organizations do not benefit from Ally perks.]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Unlocked by default at level 1]

- "Sales tax notification"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Receive a text message notification from City Hall when sales tax reaches an ideal % set by the organization owner]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 7]

- "Fishing tier 1-4"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 1 gives 5% better sell prices, unlocked at level 3]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 2 gives 10% better sell prices, 5% reduced chance of fishing rods being stolen by the sea monster, overwrites Tier 1, does not stack, unlocked at level 8]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 3 gives 20% better sell prices, 10% reduced chance of fishing rods being stolen, overwrites Tier 1-2, does not stack, unlocked at level 14]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 4 gives 25% better sell prices, 15% reduced chance of fishing rods being stolen, overwrites tier 1-3, does not stack, unlocked at level 20]

- "Organized"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Coloring your car into the organization color will cost a base price of $5,000, & Organization plates cost $2,500]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ [Does not change at what point you unlock organization colors or plates, only makes them cheaper]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 22]

- "Frequent Customer" (Similar name to illegal side, I know, but it still kinda makes sense)
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [15% discount for materials found in Uncle Cos. & A' Blaze It.
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎- [Does not apply to furniture or refined metals found in Chaddy or A' Blaze It. Prices for materials in the courier app only give a 10% discount]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 16]

- "Registered"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Cash registers placed by your organization eliminate 5% of current sales tax. 25% sales tax becomes 20%. 5% sales tax becomes 0%]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎- ‎[Tax adjusted items for sale reflects this change, does not change city sales tax, only sales tax affecting customers of your shop]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎[Unlocked at level 6]

- "Tax Relief"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Organization members pay 5% less tax when purchasing at Uncle Cos. & A' Blaze It. Similar to Registered, 25% sales tax becomes 20%. 5% sales tax becomes 0%]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎[Unlocked at level 18]

- "Tax Free"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Organization members pay 10% less tax when purchasing at Uncle Cos. & A' Blaze It. Similar to Tax Relief. 25% sales tax becomes 15%. 5% sales tax becomes 0%]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Level 35 is legal organization maximum level, no XP buffer. Meaning that maintaining level 35 should be competitive]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎[Unlocked at level 35]

- "Expert Clerk"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Selling items through the cash register has a 10% chance to yield double organization XP for the item sold. Does not stack with By The Book]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 15]

- "Truck License"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [The Van Doorn becomes available for purchase at a base price of $1,535,000. No upgrades or kits are available]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎- [The organization logo can be applied to the sides of the truck]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - ‎[‎‎Cannot be spawned if the owner does not belong to a business organization without this perk unlocked]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎- [Maximum trunk weight of 800kg, 12 trunk slots]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 20]

- "Insured"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Vehicles owned by organization members that are valued less than $3.5m AND has the organization color & plate applied spawn with car security pre-installed]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 12]

- "Proficient Crafter"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Looking at the workbench when starting to craft is no longer required]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 8]

- "Organization Logo"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Your organization can upload a logo for manual review by Senior Moderation+.
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [When approved, becomes available as image display on TVs, picture frames and as a logo for the Van Doorn. It will also be visible in the organization menu]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Unlocked at level 10]

- "Crafting tier 1-5"
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 1, crafting speed increased by 5%, unlocked at level 5]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 2, crafting speed increased to 10%, unlocked at level 9]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 3, crafting speed increased to 15%, unlocked at level 13]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 4, crafting speed increased to 20%, unlocked at level 17]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - [Tier 5, crafting speed increased to 25%, bulk crafting recipes unlocked, unlocked at level 24]
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [Bulk crafting recipes are the following;
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎[‎‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - 3 of pistol, shotgun, rifle or sniper ammo at a time.
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - 4 of crowbars, zip ties or bobby pins at a time.
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ - 6 of bandages, stim packs & splints at a time.
‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ [‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ All recipes reflect their true cost. Bulk crafting does not save materials or time, but reduces the amount of effort involved in crafting.

These are some of the ideas I came up with from my experience with running a primarily business oriented organization with @Puffy Sandvich. These are things I'd like to see business focused organizations be able to unlock, rather than get DD texts every time he moves. It's not business related, we never cared.

Last edited:
Reaction score
If this is to be implemented, there's not much stopping crim mains from just choosing legal tree and growing anyway and still getting the materials discount.
If it's going to have any intentional effect, drug sell prices need to be reduced by at least 20% to make it have an impact on major growing operations.

you can rationalize this "random 20% debuff" to the DD having no ties to your organization because you "do things by the book", which gives him no way to trust you, etc.

Some legal perk ideas.

These are some of the ideas I came up with from my experience with running a primarily business oriented organization with @Puffy Sandvich. These are things I'd like to see business focused organizations be able to unlock, rather than get DD texts every time he moves. It's not business related, we never cared.

I love this level of detail and support this completely. This would however extremely benefit from previously suggested expansions such as:
Thread 'More alcohol + stilling + Moonshine'
https://perpheads.com/threads/more-alcohol-stilling-moonshine.49133/

and Craftable Consumables to be able to run a much larger variety of businesses (bars, restaurants, clubs, or even just sell the produce to other businesses in wholesale), than just your general gun shop which nobody needs nowadays since most people have max crafting level after all these years or their org has a dedicated crafter as has been common practice since the very beginnings.

Status
Not open for further replies.