Rule Changes - 13/06/2024

Reaction score

Hello everyone,

After some miscellaneous rule changes have been discussed and implemented over the last month or so, but only been shared in existing posts, I have decided to collect them all in this thread.

• 2.5 Excessive Negativity
Players may not excessively impact the experience of others in a negative manner, unless the actions are a proportionate escalation of negative actions that have been performed against the original player.

Additionally, players have a 2 hour window to seek revenge on another player, provided they are unaware that the target has died and started a new life.

When participating in raids, players carrying visible weaponry whilst entering, exiting or inside of the property that is being raided are considered to be significant enough threats to be killed justifiably without prior verbal commands or interaction.

For example, it is not acceptable to:
  • Intentionally mug and target new players.
  • Destroy valuable items due to basic distaste such as product prices.
  • Killing a player over verbal insults, minor or accidental actions.
  • Killing a player after mugging them because they’ve seen your identity.
  • Cause unnecessary damage to a stolen vehicle without good reason.
  • Use explosives or incendiaries without taking precautions to ensure that uninvolved player's items are not damaged.
  • Use molotov cocktails in raids without prior negative interactions which would justify their use.
  • Scam or deceive other players to dishonestly acquire their rare/seasonal items or the money for them.
  • Scam new players for their items or money

• 3.9 Placing Props
Props may only be placed within properties that you own, or if you have permission to do so from the respective owner; this excludes the use of Police Barricades and Cones. Defence props may only be placed within the confines of buildings contained within owned properties. Props may also be placed in public areas as long as they are benefiting roleplay and are not obstructing anything. Under no circumstances should defence props be placed in public or government buildings.

• 3.24 Staying In-Character
Players are prohibited from bringing out-of-character information into in-character gameplay. Out of character information is defined as any information that would not be realistically accessible to your character. Common examples include:
  • Discussing server rules during roleplay situations
  • Viewing illegal substances through walls or objects
  • Discussing ongoing in-character situations in out-of-character chat
  • Using video clips in-character without taking proper measures (e.g using a phone with a /me)

• 5.6 Kidnapping
Player(s) may only kidnap another player if it is absolutely necessary and benefits the player to such an extent that it outweighs the risks. For example, if taking a hostage will increase the chances of the player escaping the police substantially then a hostage can be taken. Players should refer to rule 3.4 when deciding whether or not taking a hostage is appropriate and/or beneficial. Kidnapping another player with the sole intent of mugging them for their items is not allowed Kidnapping another player with the intention of mugging or raiding them is not allowed.

Reaction score
The scamming change is against the community. Majority voted for all scamming to be allowed.

Reaction score
The scamming change is against the community. Majority voted for all scamming to be allowed.

You can still scam for everything you usually would, just not for items that are rare, which makes total sense. Because they are well.... rare.

And if you scam new players you're just a neek anyway.

Reaction score
You can still scam for everything you usually would, just not for items that are rare, which makes total sense. Because they are well.... rare.

And if you scam new players you're just a neek anyway.
I was scammed as a new player and I took out all my anger scamming them back. This rule came too late for the revenge path I took over 8 months ago. Now that I am a good boy I’m glad to see this rule was put in place so no one creates future me’s.

Reaction score
The scamming change is against the community.
Incorrect.

If you actually read the original post which explained each option in the poll, the detail behind "continue to allow all scamming" was as follows:
Continue to allow all scamming
For this option, players would continue to be able to scam other players for anything other than rare items, premium or using mystery boxes. This would include drug sales, gambling and so on.

The addition of preventing the scamming of new players was added after multiple people raised it in the thread and it is likely that would have been dealt with by staff under 2.5 anyway, and was added simply for clarity.

Reaction score
Incorrect.

If you actually read the original post which explained each option in the poll, the detail behind "continue to allow all scamming" was as follows:

The addition of preventing the scamming of new players was added after multiple people raised it in the thread and it is likely that would have been dealt with by staff under 2.5 anyway, and was added simply for clarity.
It's not my fault the term "all" was used extremely loosely. And again, my statement isn't an opinion so you can "disagree" all you want if it makes you feel any better.

• Disagree
Reactions: GP
Reaction score
Small amendment to 5.6:
Player(s) may only kidnap another player if it is absolutely necessary and benefits the player to such an extent that it outweighs the risks. For example, if taking a hostage will increase the chances of the player escaping the police substantially then a hostage can be taken. Players should refer to rule 3.4 when deciding whether or not taking a hostage is appropriate and/or beneficial. Kidnapping another player from a public area with the intention of mugging or raiding them is not allowed.

This is to exempt forest properties, as doing so in muggable areas is entirely reasonable.

Reaction score
Small amendment to 5.6:

This is to exempt forest properties, as doing so in muggable areas is entirely reasonable.
So hypothetically speaking… metaphorically ..allegedly… if you are mugging someone and they happen to be a owner of a base you want to raid you can kidnap them from that mug spot to their base and have them unlock every door for you? :wideyed:

Reaction score
i ain't readin allat, I just saw 3 options and clicked one my guy. Also "all" not meaning literally all is loose, "extremely" was a hyperbole.
Why are you speaking if you’re not going to bother reading posts then spitting out your dummy when someone points facts against you, you look ridiculous

Reaction score
Why are you speaking if you’re not going to bother reading posts then spitting out your dummy when someone points facts against you, you look ridiculous
Pipe down, I said “ain’t reading allat” about the big post underneath the 3 options on the voting discussion to joke about how I didn’t read it or pay mind to it before Acer pointed it out. I read everything Acer had to say and responded to it.