Rule of the Month Introduction

What rule should be focused on first?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Reaction score
MsvfAxi.png
This is something @Ellie came up with and I have wanted to do it for a while but we decided against it ages ago but I cannot remember why. Anyway, this is a scheme that will feature alongside/within the Community Spotlight each month, we will vote on a rule that we want to discuss as a community to clear up any confusion and then staff will proactively enforce the rule. There will also be the opportunity for staff to give regular examples of the rule violations in Slack so that we can guide the community on what they should avoid doing.

The goals of this are as follows:
  • Enforce rules that have maybe not been enforced properly/consistently for a while.​
  • Clear up any confusion between staff and players on certain rules, it should also remove some of the divides when it comes to the two communities.​
  • Discuss whether the rule should be changed to reflect the current state of the community.​
  • Give more detailed examples than the rule itself gives.​
Vote on the poll above for the first rule to be focused on.

And of course discuss this addition below, specifically any other ways we could make this more useful!

Reaction score
This sounds like a great idea! In my opinion rule 3.15 vehicle damage is a good example/starting point for this seeing as many people don't know what the rule really means and its also not enforced enough.

Very interesting concept though, this would absolutely help with clearing up some rules that aren't too obvious for most people.

Reaction score
It's nice to finally start enforcing the small rules that can really improve roleplay as a whole, but why just focus on one? Can't we enforce all of these more? What happends after the first month, do we just stop focussing on that rule?

The idea is nice but why not say; hey, moving forward we will also focus on enforcing the smaller rules more. You don't have to perma the first guy who runs a red at intersection, but a lot of verbal warnings will go a long way :)

Reaction score
I think we start with 3.24, then 3.15, and finally 3.5 personally in the frequency I see these rules being broken.

There is always some nerd yelling nope nope you can’t do that I’m calling an admin :punch:

Next, people are always crashing into each other purposely without good reason, and ramming cars out of parking spots.

Finally, people waiting at the border of their NLR zone watching the situation they died in continue further, and possibly be relaying information to people still alive.

Very good choice for the first few rules imo!

Reaction score
  • Staff
It's nice to finally start enforcing the small rules that can really improve roleplay as a whole, but why just focus on one? Can't we enforce all of these more? What happends after the first month, do we just stop focussing on that rule?

The idea is nice but why not say; hey, moving forward we will also focus on enforcing the smaller rules more. You don't have to perma the first guy who runs a red at intersection, but a lot of verbal warnings will go a long way :)

It's a nice way to let people know that staff will be focussing on the rule, so should read up on the rule and make sure they understand it.

Furthermore, staff at the moment are unable to be as proactive as they once used to be due to the high volume of players and reports these lead to. Instead of just asking them to be more proactive in general we can give them a more quantifiable goal rather than rough guidance.

We're also not giving harsher punishments for violating these rules, just that they might not go as unnoticed as before. And hopefully, the attitudes surrounding these rules stick rather than just fade after the month is over, but that's only something time can tell.

Reaction score
This is gonna be a good thread to ask question about the rule, see examples of the rule and maybe even the ability to dispute an old punishment for said rule when you know what it mean lmao.

This is also good for staff to make sure they are on the same page so the future punishments will be more consistent and equal when given out by the staff team. Win/win for both of us :cat:

Reaction score
Next, people are always crashing into each other purposely without good reason, and ramming cars out of parking spots.
This always annoyed me tbh, people with ADHD ramming a car iout of parking instead of just turning around and parking somewhere else

Reaction score
3.15 and 3.24 are most definitely important. I would say 3.24 should be more prioritized in the criminal world for the sole reason people aren't roleplay to find targets but instead just reading names above heads.

This can be countered via

but not only is it annoying dealing with people not only doing that mediocre method of finding their target it is also a necessity to crack down on people being toxic OOC whether that be in /ooc or in person digitally by making characters meet just to end up talking shit about the person behind it.

I feel like 3.15 can stem from the same root of this toxic seed which sprouts because of ego and anger. Ramming cars out of parking spots or a person attacking the person behind the character they dislike (where they break character to start attacking the real person) are a couple of things which can fall under these two rules being violated, yet I never ever heard of neither getting punished.

Reaction score
Rule 3.24:
I feel like a lot of players aren’t familiar with this rule and think its acceptable to use OOC to try and sway the circumstances
of in-character decisions to their favor. This often leads to people dying under GP or people getting countered due to the delay
in responses of the situation. I think tackling this rule and putting it on the spotlight will also lead to less infractions of Rule 3.4.

Rule 3.15:
This rule doesn’t get enforced often enough due to people not wanting to bother making a report, which takes away from playing
the game, unless the vehicles end up in a tier or are repetitively damaged for no good reason. Rarely do people stop and offer
wrenches or pay for the damages.

Another common annoyance is people ramming vehicle’s out of parking spots. This leads to cars getting ticketed/impounded with no
fault of the owner, which negatively impacts their experience on the server, especially when it’s the player’s only vehicle
(e.g,. a new player’s mini). I think it’s worth adding a bullet point for this under Rule 2.5 as well?

Rule 3.5:
Although the server has a NLR bubble in place to keep people away from areas of their death, people still end up returning anyways
and stand at the edge of the bubble to spectate on-going situations. This only causes confusion for the opposing party and is a concern
for potential metagaming. Perhaps increase the size of the NLR bubble or have a secondary bubble that covers a wider distance that
alerts the administrators, and is only visible to them, so they can investigate?

Reaction score
Tbf, what the hell even is up with rule 3.15:

Players are not allowed to take action that is likely to lead to the damaging of their vehicle (except speeding within reason), or a vehicle belonging to a friend unless they have a good/reasonable reason for doing so; for example, driving off-road on uneven terrain or intentionally driving into sides of buildings without good/reasonable reason is not allowed. For a reason to be deemed as good/reasonable, the benefit of committing such actions must outweigh the drawbacks.

driving off-road on uneven terrain - This is very vague and let's face it.. stupid. What even is this. The whole forest is an off-road/uneven terrain. Does this mean cars can't go there? And why limit to where cars can go, when you have exactly 2 choices at most when initiating a pursuit away from cops.

intentionally driving into sides of buildings without good/reasonable reason is not allowed - It's so hard to prove that it was intentional and this is just a random warning/ban to happen. Yes it says intentionally, but it doesn't seem like a good reason to punish someone for getting out of their car too slow and crashing into a wall, whilst trying to raid and so on.

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to discuss the rule 3.5 as its enforced completely fine, feels like 3.24 has never existed, although it would be great to see people who keep saying that they will call an admin or that they have everything clipped get some kind of punishment and 3.15 seemed to always be a rule that you would mention in a sit to hopefully add another day or two to somebodys ban so I think that what @Tilin said about it.

What would be a good thing to discuss is maybe a counter to petty ARs/F6s, like telling the person to deal with the situation in a roleplay manner instead of encouraging somebody to go ahead and make an F6/AR.

Reaction score
I don't see any reason to discuss the rule 3.5 as its enforced completely fine, feels like 3.24 has never existed, although it would be great to see people who keep saying that they will call an admin or that they have everything clipped get some kind of punishment and 3.15 seemed to always be a rule that you would mention in a sit to hopefully add another day or two to somebodys ban so I think that what @Tilin said about it.

What would be a good thing to discuss is maybe a counter to petty ARs/F6s, like telling the person to deal with the situation in a roleplay manner instead of encouraging somebody to go ahead and make an F6/AR.
I feel like the second bit would be covered by stricter enforcement of 3.24? And honestly, Tilin makes some good points with 3.15, which as I said was a goal of this rule of the month. Maybe we can rework 3.15 if enough people are in agreement.

Reaction score
I feel like the second bit would be covered by stricter enforcement of 3.24? And honestly, Tilin makes some good points with 3.15, which as I said was a goal of this rule of the month. Maybe we can rework 3.15 if enough people are in agreement.
I think the offroad one is dumb (if you do it wrong you ARE going to screw yourself and get yourself caught so its a very high risk) The only offroad area is between trees, stonehenge, or park if you're crazy like me and can get alot of vehicles in there. SO i agree it should be talked about.

Reaction score
I gotta agree with some others, 3.15 is a really vague and generally fucked rule that isn't enforced for a reason, it needs clarification and rework before it's heavily enforced

Reaction score
I gotta agree with some others, 3.15 is a really vague and generally fucked rule that isn't enforced for a reason, it needs clarification and rework before it's heavily enforced
In general, I think that rule needs to be reworked to not limit where vehicles can or can not go.

The consequences of your actions shouldn't be bound to rules. If your car gets stuck or you crash into some trees, the punishment is already there.

Reaction score
Proposed change:

3.15 Vehicle Damage

Players must avoid damaging the vehicle they are currently driving to the best of their ability and make a constant effort to avoid colliding with other cars, walls or other entities. This also applies if the car in question is stolen or work-related. Players who commit an action that is likely to cause damage to their vehicle must have a valid reason to do so that outweighs the risks associated. For example, Fleeing life-threatening danger or running someone over in defence of yourself or someone else are justified reasons to collide with objects or otherwise damage the car. Ramming cars out of a Parking space solely to claim that parking space is also prohibited.

Credit to @Bnej

Reaction score
Proposed change:

3.15 Vehicle Damage

Players must avoid damaging the vehicle they are currently driving to the best of their ability and make a constant effort to avoid colliding with other cars, walls or other entities. This also applies if the car in question is stolen or work-related. Players who commit an action that is likely to cause damage to their vehicle must have a valid reason to do so that outweighs the risks associated. For example, Fleeing life-threatening danger or running someone over in defence of yourself or someone else are justified reasons to collide with objects or otherwise damage the car. Ramming cars out of a Parking space solely to claim that parking space is also prohibited.
I actually really like that. Especially with how many people DO ram people to get their parking space.