Shootouts and general gameplay on the server

Reaction score
I've talked about this before but I'm pretty sure all the shootouters were like "boo hoo stfu kid" so thanks for raising this with your very respected voice in this awesome community.

Reaction score
I feel the most effective way to deal with this is not being punished for shooting someone when they're in the shootout to be honest. I've shot (at) people who had absolutely no business at being at or near a shootout. People do it and then instantly F6 you for ShooTing AN Unarmed PerSon or something silly.

Also, to benefit roleplay i'd honestly want something of wanted indicator back. Back in the very old days you'd know you were wanted. Maybe being texted some kind of court papers, to keep it realistic, would be nice? People really often use the excuse 'i was wanted' to justify being more trigger-happy than a vietnam veteran holding a tree at gunpoint. When all this often does is cause unnecessary death and disruption of roleplay.
Don't you think this is a bit too toxic? What if some people will go out of their way to shoot people who aren't involved in the shootout because of this logic? You never know. It did happen to me once and now I just dislike that person lol

Reaction score
Thanks for tagging me, @John Daymon you raise some very reasonable & valid points. A lot of what I already think has been said in this thread, and I don't want to echo too much. With regard to shootouts where people are loitering about, just shoot them if they're making no attempt to leave and protect their own life. For someone like myself who primarily plays police, this is a massive issue, as I frequently see people just standing about when there are heavy shots nearby. More recently, I responded to an officer down call at the Projex, and said this over my radio just as I left business. Some guy said something like "ooh, shots fired at Projex", and he decided to follow me down. When he was blocked in because police were being shot at, he was complaining like seriously, what the hell is that about. I personally think the best way to tackle this is to be a lot harsher with the way we handle 3.4, and specifically people not preserving their life in a shootout.

The issue surrounding people not hiding is also very apparent. These big groups of people will commit felony offences, and then just drive around when they don't always make a proper attempt to hide when they should. Yet again, increased and harder enforcement of 3.4 would likely help tackle this issue. All of these issues will be brought up in the staff meeting that will be held within the next couple of weeks. If there are any other issues you feel are apparent at the moment, then I would suggest raising this to a member of administration or posting it on the forums.
Lmao as an officer this deadass ruins immersion so much and causes a lot of extra stress because "If these people are just standing around in this shootout, could they possibly be involved and just kill me the second I turn around?"

Reaction score
Can we just add this to the rule 3.4 that if you're in an active shooting, armed or unarmed and not trying to get away it's a free for all?

Reaction score
Can we just add this to the rule 3.4 that if you're in an active shooting, armed or unarmed and not trying to get away it's a free for all?
I mean what would be edited or added to the rule if you were to write it up yourself? It can’t be too vague to avoid misunderstandings since some people literally cannot use their brain sometimes

Reaction score
I completly agree with Daymon on this. As a cop main I know very well this is a big issue and seldom people get punished for it. Everyone does it, so it's not against the rules right?

As @Sneaky mentioned it would be a good thing to not be punished anymore for shooting unarmed people in a shootout that has been going on for a very long time (should be both for IA and reports). Rather punish the guys for staying there for such a prolonged amount of time risking their life! In other words, if you kill an unarmed person, that had enough time to get himself out of the shootout, you shouldn't get punished!

Shootouts at bazaar are the worst, everytime there are these crafters, who just keep crafting in the front of their shop, however this is very annoying and them suddenly moving in the corner of your eye, distracts you from the real threat. A lot of them start yelling when you cuff them, "PLEASE LET ME KEEP CRAFTING". They shouldn't even be there, they can just move their workbench to the backroom of their shop and keep crafting during shootouts. Bazaar shootouts are aids, everyone just runs towards the shots instead of running away. If you want a justifiable reason to respond to shots fired go on duty as a police officer.

The community should crack down way harder on 3.4 rulebreaks, This includes everything i mentioned above but also people picking up their friends that just respawned (whilst wanted for a serious crime) or just in general not hiding after killing the entire PD. Currently crims mainly just bait cops after killing the pd, which just ends in a shootout that takes over an hour to end.
The last part dude holy shit, how fucking incrdibly powerless I feel when playing at like 12 am, someone killed the entire PD and after you respawn and go back to patrolling they keep baiting you and drifting around you, so annoying but I have to ignore them because that'll piss them off lol

Reaction score
The last part dude holy shit, how fucking incrdibly powerless I feel when playing at like 12 am, someone killed the entire PD and after you respawn and go back to patrolling they keep baiting you and drifting around you, so annoying but I have to ignore them because that'll piss them off lol
This is literally perp at any time of the day. People always go; But we can't go cus we're warranted!!!!!!! Tough shit, don't ruin so

Do you see anyone ever sitting in the forest for an hour and a half to hide from PD? I don't think it is reasonable to ask people to hide for that long.

The map is tiny, hiding in the forest will only delay being caught in the end. I understand the frustration of the PD being shot and blackscreened constans tly and I do agree that sometimes it is actually a matter of criminals just looking for a shootout. What I don't agree with is the sentiment that if you for example perform a raid and murder LEOs responding to that raid you now have to sit in the forest for 1h and 30minutes because otherwise it is 3.4. I agree that perhaps it would make sense to hide for 10-15 minutes and also not drive close to PD without a reasonable excuse while warranted. I think if you have hid and the search has died down from being an "active search" into a "passive search" like a BOLO, you should be allowed to go to the city and business area while attempting to evade contact with police.
The thing is, I respect your thinking and approach to the issue since you're involved in these shootouts as a criminal (most of the time I think?) the issue I have with this and you seem to agree with it is that people often go looking for shootouts, and I do understand how one and a half hours can be seen as excessive, but I think that after you've shot the PD and you've stayed hidden for let's say 15 min, if you're warranted you should just accept it and go to jail, like let's be real you've achieved what you wanted which was most likely make money; just go turn yourself in after that or don't resist an arrest in a way that would result in a shootout

Reaction score
The thing is, I respect your thinking and approach to the issue since you're involved in these shootouts as a criminal (most of the time I think?) the issue I have with this and you seem to agree with it is that people often go looking for shootouts, and I do understand how one and a half hours can be seen as excessive, but I think that after you've shot the PD and you've stayed hidden for let's say 15 min, if you're warranted you should just accept it and go to jail, like let's be real you've achieved what you wanted which was most likely make money; just go turn yourself in after that or don't resist an arrest in a way that would result in a shootout
Why should you hand yourself in when you managed to hide for 15 minutes? If anything doesn't it make more sense to incentivize hiding by perhaps removing a warrant if a criminal has been hidden for lets say 30minutes?

Reaction score
Why should you hand yourself in when you managed to hide for 15 minutes? If anything doesn't it make more sense to incentivize hiding by perhaps removing a warrant if a criminal has been hidden for lets say 30minutes?
It’s not realistic at all to have warrants just disappear overtime, looking for warranted suspects can be a very time consuming process irl whereas on here it’s not as bad as it’s being made out as people do end up being killed or arrested eventually.

Reaction score
It’s not realistic at all to have warrants just disappear overtime, looking for warranted suspects can be a very time consuming process irl whereas on here it’s not as bad as it’s being made out as people do end up being killed or arrested eventually.
I agree, it's not realistic at all. Many things are unrealistic on the server though to make way for balance which is way more important IMO.
One of those things, for example, is cops being able to go back to a shootout they died in while civs cannot. This is not realistic at all but it is a feature on the server for balance purposes.

I'm not saying that having a warrant disappear if you've hidden for long enough(however long that might be) is a feature that should be added because it's realistic, it just makes more sense in terms of balance than handing yourself in when you've successfully evaded police.

Reaction score
I agree, it's not realistic at all. Many things are unrealistic on the server though to make way for balance which is way more important IMO.
One of those things, for example, is cops being able to go back to a shootout they died in while civs cannot. This is not realistic at all but it is a feature on the server for balance purposes.

I'm not saying that having a warrant disappear if you've hidden for long enough(however long that might be) is a feature that should be added because it's realistic, it just makes more sense in terms of balance than handing yourself in when you've successfully evaded police.
The police should be seen as a countless army of men whereas a organisation only has a limited amount of people, whether it’s for balance purposes or not, the police should always outnumber the civs.

Reaction score

I get that but picture it in a realistic and a balanced way for everyone on the server both civs and police officers who are not involved in the shootouts; If you're chased by the police and you've managed to escape and let's say 3 out of 5 people in your group has a warrant, should your friends get involved and save those three people? No, it would be violating 3.4 since they're essentially getting themselves warranted for something that they either were involved in their past life or not involved in at all for some people getting 10 years.

Reaction score
Why on earth would warrants be removed after 30 minutes? This isn't DarkRp/GTA 5

Reaction score

This is literally the epitome of realism. Look at the Holywood Shootout for example as that's the closest thing I can think off the top of my head.

There would be a constant stream of cops if you were to do what you do on perp in reality.

Reaction score
Why on earth would warrants be removed after 30 minutes? This isn't DarkRp/GTA 5
Why on earth would someone who has hid for 15 minutes hand themself in? Makes way less sense the the warrant being removed. I also said that in context of arguing that losing the warrant makes more sense than handing yourself in. Don't strawman please

Reaction score
This is literally the epitome of realism. Look at the Holywood Shootout for example as that's the closest thing I can think off the top of my head.

There would be a constant stream of cops if you were to do what you do on perp in reality.
Yes you are right, what I meant was that if everyone went by the rules you get a new life when you respawn so everyone should be able to respond. Saying it is not realistic wasn't what I was trying to say. I meant that I do not think that feature is added in the sole purpose of realism rather for balance.

Edit: I also wanna add that I am not trying to argue for changing that rule in any way. It obviously makes sense that a Police Department would have a "unlimited" supply of personnel to deal with active shooters.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I get that but picture it in a realistic and a balanced way for everyone on the server both civs and police officers who are not involved in the shootouts; If you're chased by the police and you've managed to escape and let's say 3 out of 5 people in your group has a warrant, should your friends get involved and save those three people? No, it would be violating 3.4 since they're essentially getting themselves warranted for something that they either were involved in their past life or not involved in at all for some people getting 10 years.
I disagree that helping your friends who are warranted and in risk of getting a long prison sentence should be 3.4. To me it doesn't make sense roleplay wise.

Reaction score
hen onto the next part which is the most annoying one; If you've just shot the PD up and other people just go fucking hide, if you have to hide in the forest? Tough shit, just go hide there since you've just made the decision to kill the PD and maybe some other people. Don't go pick up your mates who have just respawned, make them get a car. Don't go around looking to do bank robberies or whatever. Have one shootout then fuck off?
I’m just gonna go ahead and be “that guy” in every perp discussion when I say: It’s just a game, man. It’s really not that deep.

This is an incredibly tedious way of seeing how people should all be playing the game. If I wanted to come spend my free time staring at 4 walls for 4 hours because I killed a virtual police officer or two on a video game for whatever reason I’d cut the middle man out and skip the task of killing the cop entirely and just go sit in slums. Fuck it, maybe I’d even go as far as just not coming on the server at all and make an evening of scrolling through CSS textures, or maybe even just the old classic of watching paint dry.

As someone who very often finds themselves hiding from police after committing a crime, I can safely tell you this: It is probably among one of the least enjoyable experience on perp, only being a close second probably to sitting between an original Olsen member and a Belinsky Family member hearing them argue over who’s org was the best and most toxic.

Expecting players who are warranted for murder to not commit more murder is just asking too much. Expecting people to sit out of a bank robbery, raid, drug deal, Gun deal, or other crime, in a game mode literally based around Bank robberies, Raids, drug dealing, gun dealing and crime because they have already done one of the several things listed already would be like CSGO banning you from playing Dust 2 for an hour because you had your turn successfully planting a bomb.

Cops very rarely have or act upon leads and possible locations of the warranted suspect(s) given to them and in many instances warranted suspects are “found” by officers who weren’t really looking for them to begin with. My point here being that there’s no skill or real fun in hiding from police in a friends property besides having your car parked conspicuously, dropping your phone and not going near the door when cops are there.

In my opinion someone who killed a cop 15 minutes ago shouldn’t be forced to renounce their ways and live amongst the forest gnome people as their nomad ambassador / deity figure (depending on the gnome people you find) Because, well, there’s just no fun in it at all. The whole point of warranting is, it gives police reason to look for you and try apprehending you, which they don’t actually get money for doing, but cops focus on it anyway, because, it’s fun.

I do not enjoy being zerged by 15 armed people, which unfortunately, neither cop players nor civilian based players can avoid. Whilst I agree that shootouts under preventable circumstances should be avoided entirely, how they are typically at this point in the PERP playerbase, I see no real issue with it. Shootouts which actually violate rules are typically resolved from what I’ve seen. The frequency of shootouts starting on perp is, and has been for awhile, the largest non-issue people have been bringing up for years.

I'd say for atleast an hour and a half, I mean let's be real if you've shot the whole PD up, you just driving around the city or going to bazaar would be violating rule 3.4 and 3.19, you're literally baiting it out. And if you can't be bothered hiding anymore just go turn yourself in, it's not that hard.

The average daily play time of a PERP player is around 3-5 hours, what you’re suggesting is if they kill someone, they should spend a sizeable fraction of that time hiding from cops that may or may not be looking for them, with their only real method of finding this out without the org perk would be to put themselves at risk. If I had a few hours to kill between the end of a shift and when I plan on falling asleep, in my eyes risking getting a 5 minute black screen or 10 minutes in a virtual prison which on both scenarios I could just disconnect the moment the “punishment” begins, I’d prefer that. It is completely reasonable in my eyes for someone to actively continue RP in public areas with a warrant for their arrest within reason.

Tl;dr: Whilst I agree that some people take the piss when warranted, its not Really an issue in its current form. Also, Expecting people to take shootouts with police and the consequences of failing in said shootout as seriously as you claim it should be taken is asking too much from what we are: A video game and it’s community.